Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic of Wolves - shrine (March 27, 2018) Album • Page 69

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah this had little to no staying power with me. It's fine, there's a couple good songs but overall it lost a lot of steam for me

2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Dang. There's so much to dig into here. But I've also loved all their other stuff and other projects so maybe that's part of it.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The story was really hard to get into. There was a vagueness to it yet a very specific story arch. It may have been difficult for people to connect with that.

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Haha I don't even connect to it but I still love it.

5. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I don't return to it as often as I'd hoped but realize how much I love it every time I do. Agree with whoever said Colored Out is one of the songs of the year.

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think the trend right now and probably will remain towards “singles”. Album bands will get lost in the shuffle a bit.

7. dash64

This is my design

I really wish the bonus tracks had been posted for streaming or a deluxe version released.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

You could buy it from the band. That’s what I did, but do agree.

dash64 likes this.
  9. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

The more I just put "Shrine" on when im working on stuff or cleaning, the more and more I am coming back to it. I think it's one of those records with just so much going on that my brain cant process it all.

teebs41 and .K. like this.
  10. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This def made my top 10.

Worry if you want is my alarm. Lol
    Helps me get over all my dumb shit and get going in the morning.

AngryMan and teebs41 like this.
  11. Kmil

Trusted

This album is still freaking great, so impressed still.

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Me too. I really hope this band continues and even though they werenever really able to tour much, I have no idea how more people are huge fans of this band. They’ve built an impressive library of music in a short period of time.

Kmil likes this.
  13. Kmil

Trusted

Next concert they put on I'm going to make it to New York to see them, I feel like I won't have another chance though.

beachdude and .K. like this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, still love this album. Hope they come back in some shape or form!

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I liked Mason’s Souveneer EP’s, but I do hope the TROW’s continues (and Tigers on Trains).

They did great work producing the album as well. Still believe how professional all their work sounds/looks with no label support.

16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Mason moved to the west coast. Not sure if that’s permanent but I imagine that makes it tough for the band to continue. He said new Souveneer stuff should be coming soon.

I’d kill for a new Tigers on Trains album with Christian.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Ya i think the band is done for the foreseeable future

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Did they announce something? What’s all this speculation about?

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Mason moving out west.

beachdude and Leftandleaving like this.
  20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

No Matter How Narrow is great too. I was just listening to that record, and it’s fantastic. They all are really.

Kmil, Leftandleaving and teebs41 like this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I still love this record (proud Indiegogo vinyl supporter) and consider it to be their best. It's a shame I will probably never be able to see them live though :tear:

Kmil likes this.
  22. Kmil

Trusted

Been going through their discography the past few days, it's so dang solid.

.K. likes this.
  23. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Through Empty Vessels is one of my favourite songs ever but I don’t revisit that album too often.

“If you regret taking that step, you haven’t yet *violin*”

24. Kmil

Trusted

I think all their closers are great, but "Through Empty Vessels" is on another level, think it might be my fave, but "Worry if you Want" is up there for sure.

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Started out great and kept rolling from there. I love all three albums and Ep’s for different reasons. They’ve also amassed a lot of B-sides and alt versions. I get if it takes some time before another record, but I hope they are not done.

Kmil likes this.