Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic of Wolves - shrine (March 27, 2018) Album • Page 67

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, Oct 4, 2017.

1. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Let us know what Doug says. I’m curious.

AngryMan and teebs41 like this.
  2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Got mine today. Damaged and unsigned. Nice.

I wasn’t going to ask for the Indiegogo refund but I probably will now.

AngryMan likes this.
  3. AngryMan

Regular

Bummer. Feels like this vinyl release was a pretty big mess.

4. Kmil

Trusted

Spun this record today for the first time and it was glorious, I think this is the first time I went through the 10 track album and honestly it was pretty damn great, only really missed Amaterasu.

That sucks, seems like the release was very sloppy. I haven't gotten a response from Simple Stereo, but there's probably nothing that can be done as far as the signatures. I would email if I was you about the damage though.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Mine was damaged as well, just something I think that happens sometimes.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. Kmil

Trusted

I got the Tigers on Trains vinyl from Simple Stereo, signed by Mason and it was snapped in half when it got to me. It looked like USPS tried to stuff it in my mailbox, Doug was cool and sent me a new one, I paid like 4 bucks for shipping. I guess what I am saying is, it depends how damaged haha

7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah my damage is very minor and is just to the sleeve. It's torn up and has some bent corners. The vinyl itself looks fine. Thing is I don't have a record player so the artwork is the part that I actually cared about >-p

Kmil and teebs41 like this.
  8. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Finally went to my moms to pick up my copy of the vinyl. No damage and it's signed! This is my AOTY so far.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

we have a lot of similar thoughts it seems.

Jesse West likes this.
  10. Kmil

Trusted

I think the only thing left this year that can beat this for AOTY for me is Thrice.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Foxing
    Thrice
    Emery
    Mewithoutyou
    The early November

Will all be strong contenders

bachna84, KidLightning and Jesse West like this.
  12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Don’t forget All Get Out and Valley Maker. ;)

KidLightning and Jesse West like this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

wow what's wrong with me. of course All Get Out..

14. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Emery is a name I havent heard in a long time.
    I have strange feeling those records aren't going to hold up for me.

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

for me they are still great. I never stopped listening to them. YWNA is a top 3 Emery record. Shallow Seas is still their best followed by the Question. Very excited for what they do next, now that Devin is back full time in the band, there is no better duel vocals in rock music than what those two do.

16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I can’t say for sure this is my AOTY so far anyways. I’ve really been enjoying the Hussey record too. Obviously they are very different so it’s just a mood thing.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Apparently Mason is moving to LA. RIP band?

I don’t want to jump to conclusions but it makes sense that Shrine is their last album. They don’t tour. They don’t seem to have a huge following. They can’t be doing kickstarters every time they want to make an album.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

please no

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I sure hope that a move doesn’t end this band. They could always reunite to make an album. Not all band members live in the same city. Let’s not make too many assumptions at this point unless something official happens.

20. sure would fucking suck if this turned out to be the case

fuck

21. Kmil

Trusted

I'd be pretty damn bummed if that happened, this is the only band in the last few years that made me feel like I did when I got into Thrice.

22. AngryMan

Regular

I'm guessing he's moving to LA to become an actor? An IMDB page for Mason Maggio lists him as an extra on Orange is the New Black (in an episode from 2015 called Tongue-Tied, also the name of a Souveneer song that came out in 2016). I was curious if it was the same Mason, since he was also in The Good Wife but that credit isn't listed. Anyways, pulled up that episode of Orange and there he is: [​IMG]

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Matt Skiba was an extra in The Dark Knight.

Unless you’re getting speaking parts, that’s a tough deal. It could be a hope to get some exposure for his music, and dabble in extra work when needed. Or for a girl, a change or scenery, education. Falling back onto the Skiba thing, he was living in LA and Dan in Chicago. Bands can exist and live it different places. File sharing for demoing songs is a thing some bands have to do. I hope they don’t just give up on TROw/Tigers on Trains.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

he said he acted in the Good Wife cause he was in the area when i asked him about it

25. AngryMan

Regular