Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic of Wolves - shrine (March 27, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, Oct 4, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

awesome! thanks!

2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i've never listened to this band before. the vibe i get from the songs i've heard from this record is kinda similar to the vibe i felt when i first heard driver friendly's bury a dream. i am def gonna check this out

airik625 likes this.
  3. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

The new single is good. I think each one of their albums is excellent in different ways. Nothing will beat His Old Branches EP though. Wish they had more screaming, but he left the band right?

4. Kmil

Trusted

Billy is the one who handles the screaming on the records and he's still there. He's the one on the keyboards in their music videos and live videos.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  5. thevastminority

Regular

There is screaming in Mitama and Northern Orthodox and they said this album will be heavier overall. This could top Varuna for me.

6. Kmil Feb 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2018)
    Kmil

Trusted

I was never a huge fan of the screaming in their albums.

Can anyone tell who else is singing at around 1:30 of the new song? Can't tell if it's Billy Duprey or Christian Van Deurs, who is also in Tigers on Trains with Mason. Always thought Christian had a good voice and should sing more in the Republic of Wolves.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Nathan hussey is somewhere on this record as well

AngryMan likes this.
  8. Kmil

Trusted

Yeah can't wait to hear where he's at on here.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Billy can sing too after listening to his Year Fofteen Project when that came out.There’s a time and place for the screaming vocals. It’s usually buried as a more of a background, bridge or instrumental moment.

Kmil likes this.
  10. Kmil

Trusted

Yeah I like Billy's solo album, think he has a good voice too, they both should sing more now that Gregg is gone.

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Billy sounds like mason. He’s a great singer

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That’s why Gregg was a nice offset to Mason. I like how they use multi vocalists, and since Billy and Christian can sing, why not when it’s called for.

13. Kmil

Trusted

Yeah no one is gonna match Gregg's unique voice, but like Zac said Billy sounds like Mason, that's why I want Christian to sing more, he has a more unique voice.

@Zac Djamoos have you heard any of this album besides the songs they have released?

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Only the songs the released actually

15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Nathan Hussey was part of some gang vocal. Not sure if we’ll distinctly be able to hear him.

Love Christian’s voice. His singing is often a highlight on the Tigers on Trains albums.

teebs41 and Kmil like this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoying Colored Out. I’m glad Shrine has at least one song that has a No Matter How Narrow sound. The three tracks are nice and different from each other which is one of the Wolves strengths.

17. Pseudo!

Regular

Holy shit this new song is awesome, my favorite so far. That's definitely Billy as the second vocalist. Though I'm still waiting for Christian to sing on a TROW song, love his voice.

Hearing a lot of upgrades in the production, especially with the guitar definition and drums

Kmil likes this.
  18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Love the new song, I am so ready for this

airik625 and Kmil like this.
  19. thevastminority

Regular

I think Billy is singing in the chorus too. Always love when they use multiple singers.

Kmil likes this.
  20. thevastminority

Regular

21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Listened to all 4 songs from this several times this weekend. Really looking forward to it!

22. Kmil

Trusted

23. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

24. Kmil

Trusted

Studio Update #3

Cameo by Nathan Hussey

Just 2 weeks away from what I think will be their best album, can't wait.

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like each month there will be an album I want. This is my March album (plus b sides). These studio videos are always a little silly/inside jokey, but I think this will be another great album based on all the songs so far. Counting down days to Shrine