Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic of Wolves - shrine (March 27, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, Oct 4, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually think they are a bit guilty of releasing too much material. They only have 2 full lengths but when you look into them
    It feels like they have a ton of music to dive into.

2. not sure i get this...they haven't put out an LP in like four years lol.

I guess their bandcamp can be overwhelming but it's a lot of covers and stuff

Sybil and airik625 like this.
  3. Kmil

Trusted

I like all the in between stuff they put out, His Old Branches, the Cartographer, and His Black Teeth are all awesome.

.K. and teebs41 like this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea its all solid material and really cool. can't wait for this record. I'm just trying to give reason to why maybe they havn't caught on around here. Also they don't tour.. and that can hurt. I would know

Kmil and jordalsh like this.
  5. Kmil

Trusted

I'm hoping with this record they will actually tour, they have a ton of good material to put on a great show. I think it also hurts that no one big has taken them on the road with them. If a Thrice, or a Circa, or even a Pianos took them with them, I think it would benefit them big time.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They never had label support. Very DIY indie band. I’m actually amazed by how great their recorded material sounds. Not being able to tour could hurt a band.

I think the tremendous amp not of material this band has release has just made me like them more. Always in the forefront, Republic of Wolves or side projects. I wish more bands would release more music. In the modern age of digital music releases they may be ahead of their time.

teebs41 likes this.
  7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Probably like the 3 EPs more than either of the albums to be honest.

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve really liked both records. Varuna feels epic. It’s a great record to shovel snow to.

9. Kmil

Trusted

When you think about it, it's pretty insane that they put out an acoustic version of Mitama in 2015, this record has been in the making for forever.

10. Sybil

Regular

They basically dont tour at all and havent put out an album in like 4 years....might be why lol.

Also they have no label support or marketing really.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That’s if you assume that those songs were always meant for the record. They could have just been b-sides or something that they decided to add to another group of tracks to equal an LP’s worth.

12. Kmil

Trusted

Definitely was, the description on the youtube video of the acoustic version of Mitama back then said off their upcoming full length. It was uploaded by the band so it and Northorn Orthodox were always meant for shrine.

13. thevastminority

Regular

Better than the album version

AngryMan likes this.
  14. AngryMan

Regular

Love the Tanzih riff at the beginning

15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

16. Kmil

Trusted

17. Kmil

Trusted

New song and it's awesome. A little more "No Matter How Narrow" sounding than Mitama or any of the other one's, fast paced and way more upbeat, but I absolutely love it. Looks like it will be a nice change of pace on the album. I'm also a fan of "No Matter How Narrow" so I'm happy to hear a song like this.They are 4 for 4 in my opinion. Can't wait for this.

PREMIERE: The Republic of Wolves release freeing new song "Colored Out"

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This song is effing amazing

Kmil likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think this album is like 4/4 for me. I also think that the production is the best they’ve had yet

Kmil likes this.
  20. Kmil

Trusted

This quote gets me excited as well, especially the last line. I know there's a lot of people that love the brooding sounds in "His Old Branches" and "Varuna", but I'm glad that there's gonna be songs like this that contrast "Mitama" and "Northern Orthodox" on the album.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea this album just amped up big time on my anticipated list

Kmil likes this.
  22. thevastminority

Regular

So good!!

Kmil and teebs41 like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

@Kmil could you compile the studio versions of all the songs released so far into one post?

24. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

FYI, the download link on that stream works so you can get the song as a .wav file.

25. Kmil

Trusted

Done, put all 3 studio versions of the songs in the original post.

airik625 and teebs41 like this.