Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic of Wolves Release Covers Compilation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

What a great, diverse tracklist... and Northstar!

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Why did they cover Brand New

dylan likes this.
  4. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Mason may have liked the song?

serotonin likes this.
  5. fenway89 likes this.
  6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Ska Senanake and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  7. thevastminority

Regular

Great tracklist! Gonna listen to this later

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  8. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

could have personally done without the brand new cover... it's old and they've always seemed like good guys, though, so i kinda get it but still

9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Taylor Swift cover is solid.

10. grimis16

Regular

Damn what a list! Dear and the Headlights, Northstar, the Working Title. I was figuring it would be a bunch of songs that have been covered a million times.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

God, I love Dear and the Headlights.

Reminder to fans that The Gentle Hits released an album last year and it was really good.

Bartek T. and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  12. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

With The Working Title and D&TH I assume we must have listened to a lot of the same albums back in the day - those are not too popular anymore, I guess. Can't wait to listen to that. Also, that Brand New cover is actually the only one that I've already heard - it was released a long time ago on youtube as well.

ps. that artwork looks familiar (?)

Ska Senanake and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  13. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Ben Kehoe does nearly all of their album artwork, sometimes as an adaptation of a painting he's already made, and his style is pretty identifiable

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Thanks man! It immediately reminded me of Andy Kehoe's earlier art, but I guess that I would had seen it before - now that makes sense hahh, I need to check some more of his stuff.

15. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Mason does DATH brilliantly. So happy he did "Talk About."

Bartek T. and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  16. grimis16

Regular

Huge fan of Dear and the Headlights. Routinely listen to their stuff even now. That Gentle Hits album took a few spins before I started to enjoy it. Not as catchy and slower, but it ended up in my top ten of 2016. Looking forward to new stuff.

serotonin and Bartek T. like this.
  17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Heeey I wasn't aware of the existence of such a band like The Gentle Hits - getting back on track with that right away!

serotonin likes this.
  18. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

Same and same. I listened to The Gentle Hits once, waited on it, listened again, waited on it, and now I listen to it a decent amount and like it a lot. It's definitely not as punch7 as DatH but really good in its own right. I only got to see them live once, with Forgive Durden and Steel Train in 2007, but man, that was a great show. Still cherish my copy of Drunk Like Bible Times on vinyl they signed for me at the show.

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Woah, that's a nice line-up! ;D ...I'm at my first listen of Gentle Hits for now, and it seems I'll like it!

serotonin likes this.
  20. grimis16

Regular

I believe I saw them on this same tour in San Francisco at Bottom of the Hill. Or maybe it was a year later, not sure. Anyways, other than the date, it was a memorable concert and I'm thankful I at least saw them once.

serotonin likes this.
  21. grimis16

Regular

Also the choice of the Working Title song, Someone Else is one of my favorite from them. Brings back memories.

Bartek T. likes this.
  22. Ska Senanake

Trusted

23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@Ska Senanake I guess your comment is over there in the middle of the quote of me? ;d I couldn't get it at first cause I also agree wholeheartedly that TWT was soooo good! ;D 'About-Face' is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, whenever I come back to it I'm moved!

Ska Senanake likes this.
  24. Ska Senanake

Trusted

About Face is really good and more accessible than Bone Island, but the latter is one of the most raw indie albums i've ever heard especially the masterpiece of a song that is followed. Pretty sure it was made by the lead singer during a mid life crisis or whatever. Cheers!

25. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

You know, I'd have to agree with you, at the age I was exactly when Bone Island came out I was a little underwhelmed, but I felt it's a strong release, came back to it later and liked it much more - but I'd have to revisit it now, cause I guess I probably didn't appreciate for what it is.

@serotonin @grimis16 thanks for bringing up that The Gentle Hits album - I've been listening to it all the time the last few days, it's really good! Can't believe it flew under the radar as much...

grimis16 likes this.