Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Reign of Kindo Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really want to get the video documentaries but don't want to pay 10 a month, ha. I'll probably go with 5 a month. I'm super excited to listen later.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Damn the new song is GREATTTTTTTT wow

3. beachdude

It's different but damn it works

4. beachdude

I wish they had released "Human Convention" at least more publicly to get more people hyped, because this is a really cool direction for them and I feel like they would get more pledges if everyone could hear it without signing up.

5. SpyKi

Yeah I definitely think they should have streamed this first one.

6. SpyKi

Honestly not that into it personally. Disappointing.

7. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

On the video Steven made it sound as though this track were more of an outlier. Said something along the lines of "if you didn't like this song.. don't worry."

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. Yeah? I loved it. Just listened for the 4th time. It's almost exhaustingly overactive, but that's ooooone of the things I love about Kindo, how much musical punch that can pack into any given moment.

9. Yeah I'm super peeved they promoted this as a "free" song yet gave everyone a big hoop to jumo through before being able to even hear it.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  10. SpyKi

It's mainly the vocal melodies/lyrics that don't do it for me. Its like they doubled down on all the best parts I wasn't a big fan of on PWF. Musically I really like it.

11. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I miss TDAA, "Second Place Victory" got me laid at least once. And yes The Bell and the Hammer is a great, interesting album.

Never been able to get into TROK hugely though, "Let It Go" was a great early track of theirs but I haven't dug a lot since.

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

did they go vapor wave with their new songs? I can't hear them yet

13. Yeah, weird thing with Stephen. As he's progressed from the debut EP through today, he's consistently been becoming a jazzier and jazzier singer. It kinda bugs me? I think This is What Happens is their finest album, but it was also their transition away from rock or jazz-rock and more firmly into jazz fusion (with leftover rock elements). And yeah, I miss those rock elements. His singing, especially, is so different now than it used to be, and while I was fine with his progression on TIWH, on PWF I sometimes got the feeling he was putting up a front or pretending to be an old-fashioned jazz vocalist. So I feel ya. There are a few melodies on "Human Convention" where instead of writing something good or fun or catchy, he was seemingly just writing somethings that FITS all the crazy chord progressions and key changes. In my opinion, at least, the best way to pull off crazy dynamics and chord structures is to seamlessly fit them into a song where they don't distract a listener, or where a listener won't even notice. And while "Human Convention" is a wildly impressive song, it's also a very flashy one; even the least knowledgeable listeners would have to not be paying attention to notice the crazy key and tempo changes. I'm not sure where I'm going anymore with this.

Luroda likes this.
  14. I have a feeling Jeff Martin would feel really uncomfortable about you using one of his songs to get laid :teethsmile:

I agree, there's something about TD&A's music (in particular the first seven tracks of The Bell and the Hammer) that is...special. Nothing can match it--there's a certain quality to it that gives me something I've never really found in other bands, even roughly similar bands like Mae.

Luroda likes this.
  15. SpyKi

I like TDAA but I've never got into them anywhere near as much as Kindo.

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i miss td&a so much

17. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Bout to see these guys in Canton, OH. Like 5 minutes from my house at a local bar. Pretty stoked.

beachdude42 and ChiliTacos like this.
  18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

That's awesome. I've never seen them before but I'd imagine it'd be a cool show.

19. beachdude

Damn, I'd imagine that'd be a cool show!

20. SpyKi

They've put up a new song on Patreon, City of Gods. I like it a lot more than the first one.

beachdude42 and contra11mundum like this.
  21. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Same

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. beachdude

How much is it to download the new track? $1 right?

23. SpyKi

Yeah, 1 a month. Easily worth it imo.

contra11mundum and beachdude42 like this.
  24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

But the other track wasn't good?

How many tracks so far?

25. beachdude

Only two actual album tracks so far I believe. Just pledged... City of Gods is phenomenal!