Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Reign of Kindo Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The Reign of Kindo is a band from Buffalo, New York, currently signed to Candyrat Records.

I love this band so much.

Luroda and Chase Tremaine like this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This band is phenomenal. Been a bit too long since a played TIWH or anything else, though

3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I lost some interest after TIWH was released. Loved that album but I never got on board with the next one.

One Man Parade is still my favorite song of theirs.

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I hope these guys release new music soon. Rhythm, Chord & Melody is still a regular go-to for me.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Great band. Probably no point in making a This Day And Age thread here, but that was one of my favorite bands, and I'm always happy that most of those guys are still making music.

6. beachdude

Never really listened to This Day And Age... they were pretty different from Reign of Kindo's sound right?

7. Fairly different, and the vocalist from TDAA was never in TROK. However, I'd recommend giving The Bell and the Hammer a shot. It's a really interesting record and a big step towards how TROK would sound.

8. beachdude

Interesting... I'll take a listen.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  9. SpyKi

The Bell and the Hammer is a great album.

10. TDAA was also one of my favorite bands. I'm originally from buffalo and used to see them all the time. I like kindo but miss TDAA a ton.

11. They've been posting Instagram photos about being in the studio. Typical hashtags like #newalbum and #ourbestyet

12. Kindo's the better band when you pit three albums versus TD&A's two, but I personally prefer the style/genre of TD&A over Kindo. The first seven songs on The Bell and the Hammer are utter perfection, some of the best songs in my 10,000 song iTunes collection.

13. Have you listened to Pompton Lakes? I think that's the name...the newer project just TD&A's singer. Haven't kept up with them recently, but they had songs that sent me back in time to the magic of "Eustace" and "More of a Climb, Less of a Walk."

14. SpyKi

really hope we get something this year.

15. SpyKi

I was never that into Pompton Lakes but I loved his songs on the album he did with Steven Padin, especially"Runway".

16. A little bit, but I definitely need to spend more time with it.

17. no joke. Also, I'll have to check out that Padin song.

18. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

couldn't figure out how to listen without pledging money

20. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

You kind of do have to pledge. It's just $1 a song each month. They give you the first song for free so nothing is charged until next month. I suppose you could pledge, download the song and then cancel your pledge to get our free of charge

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Ah I see. That seems a bit misleading actually.

22. beachdude

So has anyone heard this? How is it?

23. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

It's their first song without any acoustic piano on the track. Pretty different from anything they've done. Not my favorite thing they've done. More synth than anything they've done before. Looking forward to hearing the other new stuff they come up with. Have full faith in them/most of their stuff ends up being grower anyway

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. beachdude

Do I actually have to give credit card info if I want to download the track for free? Was a little unclear about that.

25. beachdude

Fuck it, decided to just pay the dollar lol... let's hear this.

airik625 and Chase Tremaine like this.