Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Rehearsal (HBO/ HBO Max) TV Show • Page 25

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 17, 2022.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah this was my favorite since the premiere too, it keeps hitting that balance of fascinating, deep and hilarious (Nate's Lizard Lounge got me good)

I also feel kinda bad but I was laughing at things Nathan was saying during what seemed like pretty real arguments with Angela ("why don't you write a list of everything that's Satanic so I know")

2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

The Simpsons did it first example #731

3. devenstonow Aug 13, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2022)
    devenstonow

Noobie

The one thing I feel eh about criticizing Angela for though was her talking to the actors out of character, it's kinda unfair to expect a non-actor/non-performer (unless she is :-O) to not feel awkward keeping up that fiction on your own.

But damn I feel like the "they're cool but they also killed Jesus and literally no other reason" brand of antisemitism is a rare one (unless of course she thinks the demons that control Google and eat poop are Jewish)

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think if engaged for an extended period of time she might get real specific about her issues with other religions/denominations

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

“I’m going to go buy oranges and you’re going to say it’s satanic”

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

This one was almost too much. Love his parents, love him repeating patterns in relationships all the way to the pro-Israel turn, he’s still not able to stand up for his beliefs. Loved the Tutor woman until that, her straight from the hip energy was the complete opposite of Nathan’s.

the real bar being staffed by actors was great, and the actor playing Angela really killed it, devastating stuff for him to hear because it all feels true. The contrasting shots of the broken lamp in the Rehearsal and the intact lamp in reality, this show is brilliant.

7. Dodge725

Trusted

I think it also says a lot about Angela that the second she’s even remotely called out for not fully participating in the rehearsal aspect, she bails. The earlier episode where the voiceover says she just wanted a vacation was spot on.

8. Watched Synecdoche last night, which was on my list even before this show started. Enjoyed it, but it's certainly challenging. Think I prefer Kaufman as a writer than a director.

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Synecdoche is the best work he’s been involved in

10. Morrissey

Trusted

I loved when he referenced how much of HBO's money he is wasting.

Zilla, astereo, irthesteve and 14 others like this.
  11. My sister's boyfriend just texted us that he ran into Angela on the street.

:-O

12. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The Jewish woman saying she prefers to shoot from the hip before giving up and calling Angela an anti-Semite like 5min into the conversation lol

smowashere, I Am Mick, SpyKi and 8 others like this.
  13. devenstonow

Noobie

And the Chorus-Rehearsal connection starts to show itself....

How deep does this go? Did Nathan Fielder create pop punk?

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

did she have a sign and a megaphone

Brent and devenstonow like this.
  15. She’s at New Seasons shopping now, she followed him lol

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. Just popped in a DVD copy of mid-2000s horror movie Stay Alive and the first trailer is for Apocalypto lol

chewbacca110 and imthesheriff like this.
  17. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

If Nathan was an AP poster I wonder which poster he would have been

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jason Tate like this.
  18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

a default avatar

coleslawed likes this.
  19. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Finally watched the first episode last night.

Rewatched it with my wife today.

I am all in. And now I need to watch Nathan For You, too.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

"I built a fully functioning reddit forum and then programmed a series of bots to interact with me using popular terms"

Zilla, astereo, dylan and 4 others like this.
  21. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

“The plan? Get myself onto a cable news channel, where I will show teens how to smoke Smarties, fueling a popular trend that will boost sales of the candy.”

gonz (Alex), Matt, neo506 and 4 others like this.
  22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I'm confused, Angela followed them? Or was just going the same way and they saw her again?

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Brent like this.
  23. I think it was a coincidence. They talked for a brief moment. Then he left, and like 10 minutes later she was at the same store again that he went too.

incognitojones likes this.
  24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Her IG stories made so much more sense after watching this weeks episode.

25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

What if that wasn't her the second time, but the actress playing her

Zilla, neo506, coleslawed and 3 others like this.