Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Receiving End of Sirens Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Lucas27, Apr 7, 2016.

1. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Alright everyone, how do we generate buzz about this band’s legacy with Gen Z so they get so popular they’re forced back out to do a reunion tour and write another record? Like ideally I’m hoping for an American Football type thing. May start reading MKULTRA documents to pull this off

Transient_Hymn, beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. This band did so many interesting things. The electronic loops, three-part vocal harmonies, overly verbose lyrics. Somebody needs to get inspired by this and make their own version.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I still hope they do their reunion tour that they canceled two years ago because of COVID :(

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I really miss this band so much.

5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah these guys really pushed the boundaries in the 00’s. Would love another album from them with the classic line up.

beachdude likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

both albums are absolute classics and in totally different categories from one another. I'd worry new work could never stack up but then I remember Weightless Underwater is fucking perfect and I'm like yeah come on back boys

7. thenewmatthewperry

This hurts to watch still

Rowan5215, Phantoms and OotyPa like this.
  8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Just one more album from them and I'd be so happy.

Bartek T., Brent, Chcurry182 and 2 others like this.
  9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Can't believe we had a reunion and COVID took it away

10. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Finished the documentary last night. Never knew it existed before.

Would love for them to record a third album. Sounds like they had a direction since both Brendan and Andrew stated in the doc they wanted to combine the sounds of Between the Heart and the Synapse and Mi Fa Mi.

Phantoms and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  11. bestofmoss

Regular

With Envy on the Coast! Both bands rule.

Phantoms likes this.
  12. thenewmatthewperry

Sorry for the no news bump

I feel like I'm way to old to have dreams like this, but I dreamt last night they reannounced the Envy/reunion tour. I went to a couple dates and it was a great experience. The turnouts were modest but everyone sang like the room was full. Made a bunch of friends. It was the full lineup with Brian and Casey, and Ben even showed up to play one of his old songs. There was a speech made at both shows about how time helped them bury the axes and recognize the impact of their legacy. They then ended both nights playing a new song and said they'd be dropping an album. That's when I knew it was a dream, but I stayed around before waking up because it was a super picturesque, I can't even remember the last time I felt that happy in a dream. Oh, and the band hung out with everyone after the show and no one was awkward and everyone was super chill.

Phantoms likes this.
  13. thenewmatthewperry

Phantoms and Brent like this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

preordered the repress. never thought it'd get one. might just throw on the album today for nostalgia's sake.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Album is a bit dated but holds up pretty well

would love for a few 1 off reunion shows

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I just gave it a listen in full and I honestly didn't think it sounded dated. I was actually pretty impressed by how encompassing and fully-realized it is. a masterpiece IMO.

really would love a revival of these sort of complex, conceptual, densely layered "emo" albums like this. Adjy is one of the few current bands doing it.

thenewmatthewperry and Phantoms like this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

mi fa mi is better but its still a great album

18. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

between the heart and the synapse is a little dated, but mi fa mi has held up like a champ

Phantoms and sophos34 like this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I like mi fa mi but have always preferred bth.

20. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

bth is more fun to listen to, but mi fa mi is a better album musically imo

Phantoms likes this.
  21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

both are fucking incredible but only one has This Armistice on it

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

only one of them has swallow people whole and pale blue dot

Chcurry182 and Phantoms like this.