Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Raspberries Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 11, 2016.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The Raspberries were an American power pop/pop rock band formed in 1970 from Cleveland, Ohio. They had a run of success in the early 1970s music scene with their pop sound, which Allmusic later described as featuring "exquisitely crafted melodies and achingly gorgeous harmonies." The members were known for their clean-cut public image, with short-hair and matching suits, which brought them teenybopper attention as well as scorn from some mainstream media outlets as "uncool". The group drew influence from the British Invasion era—especially The Beatles, The Who, The Hollies, and Small Faces—and its mod sensibility. In both the U.S. and the UK, the Raspberries helped pioneer the power pop music style that took off after the group disbanded. They also have a following among professional musicians such as Jack Bruce, Ringo Starr, and Courtney Love.

[​IMG]

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

3. highfidelity203

Hailey, It Happens Prestigious

Fresh is a fantastic album - I haven't gone much further than that yet but I can't wait to hear more records from them. I'm not even typically a fan of power-pop but this band is on another level.

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I need to spend more time with their albums because whenever I listen, I pretty much unconditionally love what I'm hearing

cshadows2887 likes this.
  5. TheFeels

Regular

Pretty good power pop band, but The Nerves and The Keys were better.

6. My favorite song by them is "I Wanna Be With You." I also love Eric Carmen's single "Hungry Eyes" from Dirty Dancing. So good!