Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Punk Thread (Official Thread) Genre • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. HueyLewis

Regular

Best music news in years.

bd007h likes this.
  2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

The Lippies have broken up.... Kind weird considering they just released a really good album, toured with the Falcon, and were about to tour with the Copyrights. Wonder if anyone will replace them on that tour.

3. J.Dick

Regular

Kind of a shitty way to break up. Tours already lined up and Red Scare JUST put out the record. But the statement reads that the singer didn't want to do it anymore for her health so you also have to respect that.
    Doesn't read that they didn't want to do the Lippies anymore. That statement came straight from the singer.

4. Michael Schmidt

Just really bizarre all around. I wish her the best though. It's probably too late to add another band to the bill, but an extra long Copyrights set would be cool.

5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Descendents, man. That news instantly made up for anything shitty that has or will happen to me this year haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. J.Dick

Regular

I just figure they will add another Pittsburgh band to our date but I'm not sure.

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

8. Deborah Remus

Former Staffer

Looking at that line-up reminds me that I really miss Broadway Calls. Wonder if those guys are going to do another record at some point.

clucky likes this.
  9. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Dream Homes is one of my all-time favorite records. Totally with you.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  10. J.Dick

Regular

Love that record. Doubt they will do another one but it is great.

Also love that Lawrence Arms quote.

11. smoke4thecaper

Bouncing Souls releasing 10th album Simplicity on 7/29 via Rise.

From what said on Facebook, new album is in the spirit of Summer Vacation and Anchors, which means I am very stoked.

bd007h likes this.
  12. smoke4thecaper

I swear I saw a tweet last year from Ty saying they were getting ready to write songs. But might be worth reaching out and checking again... if anyone here tweets, since I don't haha

edit: just saw they'll be playing live near me soon... maybe I'll try to attend the show, and if I do, I'll talk to them. I've met the guys a few times, maybe they remember me.

Deborah Remus likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I saw Creeper tonight and was really bad during their set because I love that band so much and beer was free.. And I'm seeing Iron Chic tomorrow(Today? Oh dear it's 00:12..) so I'm having a great time right now

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  14. Deborah Remus

Former Staffer

Jealous, Iron Chic played one of the best sets I saw when I went to Fest in 2014.

I went to see Elder Abuse last night to wish them luck before they fly to southeast Asia for some shows and Montreal for Pouzza. They also released a new song, which some people in this thread may or may not like:

Song Premiere: Elder Abuse - "Good Enough" - New Noise Magazine

15. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Any Strung Out fans? Blackhawks over Los Angeles and Exile in Oblivion are tops.

16. Michael Schmidt

Exile in Oblivion is my personal choice.

smoke4thecaper and bd007h like this.
  17. Michael Schmidt

I was randomly looking at shows at my local club and saw that Hey Mercedes is coming through, so I made the impulse purchase. Never got to see them live originally.

Jake Z likes this.
  18. smoke4thecaper

Michael Schmidt and bd007h like this.
  19. J.Dick

Regular

I saw them when Loses Control came out and you will love it. I personally listen to Hey Mercedes more than my Braid records.

20. Michael Schmidt

That's great to hear! I admittedly don't know them as well as I should. I know a good portion of their work, but never sat down and dug in deep.

21. J.Dick

Regular

Hey Mercedes only had 2 full length and 1 ep. The second full length, Loses Control, is really great.

22. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

I'm seeing Creeper tonight at a 100 person capacity venue, and it's a floor level show. I can not wait. One of my favourote live bands.

Jake W likes this.
  23. Michael Schmidt

Really been digging the Mean Jeans. They are so Ramones sounding it's fantastic.

DarkHotline likes this.
  24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

One of my favourite live bands too. That show tonight will probably be one of the last times that they play a venue that small(in the UK at least) so that'll make it even better. Have fun. I saw them at an 80 capasity floor show last September and it was amazing.

25. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Wow, this sounds awesome. I've never seen them live but would love to. They make me reminisce on when I was first discovering AFI like 13 years ago.

Jake W likes this.