Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Punisher (Netflix) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

3 episodes in. It's pretty good so far.

zsoty27 likes this.
  2. Letterbomb31 Jan 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2019)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished season 2. Holy shit that was disappointing. I'd probs give it a 6/10 overall. Started out pretty strong, but then it just becomes such a massive slog to get through. It was especially underwhelming for me that there was no final showdown between Castle and Russo, and that Madani essentially lands the killing blow on Russo. Wtf. In all the trailers for this season they had Frank say the line "let me be what I'm meant to be"; well, maybe the writers should take their own advice and actually let him be the Punisher. I didn't like that there were so many bad guys that he let just walk away, particularly Pilgrim. They actually allowed Frank to be the Punisher in the final 5 seconds of the season lol, but it's just not enough. Also, I'm pretty sure Frank wore the skull less in this season than in season 1. Super let down.

This quote from this review sums it up perfectly for me:

"What Marvel fans may object to the most is the fact that The Punisher Season Two is ultimately still just a stage-setting origin story. Even after all the bloody events of Daredevil Season Two and Punisher Season One, we're still watching Frank Castle's emotional turmoil about something that should've long been settled."

3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This should have been 8 episodes instead of 13. There are so many slow, boring scenes.

4. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Agreed the start was strong but after that it is just hard to get through. I still have 3 eps left but don't really have the mood for it. I think they completely ruined Billy's character, was not a big fan in season 1 but he was alright, I guess, but in this season he's just a whiny, incompetent loser. The one thing that is still strong in the new season is the performance of Jon Bernthal. He was meant to play the Punisher.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I could recommend the last 3 episodes but I really can't. It's such a massive anti-climax, particularly in comparison to season 1. I agree that Jon Bernthal is awesome, it's a shame this season isn't better.

6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

7. Hm, I don't mind that it's a slow burn, I'm taking my time with it. I just finished episode 5. That fight scene was really heavy.

8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I liked this season - probably give it a 7.5/10 if I had to rank it; Jon Bernthal great as usual, the girl who played Amy was fantastic and the guy who played the hitman was also very good (very unsettling character!). My main gripes would be that they didn't flesh out the hitman's side of the story enough and the husband and wife who he worked for should have been explored a bit more. I also found it funny how in the Russo final scene, Frank just walked in, shot him right in the middle of his bullshit little speech, then left without saying a word :crylaugh: exactly what that guy deserved.

I chose to watch two episodes a day so it didn't feel hard to get through like it did for some of you guys perhaps. I would love a final season but maybe 10 episodes max. I couldn't give a crap about how it fits into the "broader MCU" either, some of the takes I've seen from critics about that have been pretty weak.

9. Davjs

Trusted

Watched the first two episodes last night immediately after DD season 3 (sooo good). No one told me the first ep wsa going to have a bathroom fight scene that was better than MI: Fallout

10. Just finished. Not bad. Marvel Netflix is just not as good with second seasons, it seems. Same problem as Luke Cage S2, juggling two big bads, except their stories aren't intertwined in any way, so it's even more jarring. Was still very much emotionally invested in this season, though. Amy and Krista managed to both be sympathetic characters despite being on somewhat opposite sides of the conflict. And, of course, Amber, Ben, and especially Jon put on great performances.

I don't mind that it's slow and anticlimactic, I just wish it wasn't such a mess.

11. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

@xkhiemster

Iron Fist and Luke Cage (arguably) had stronger second seasons. But I agree Punisher S01 was stronger

Davjs likes this.
  12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah Iron Fist was the only better 2nd season in my opinion. And was my favorite 2nd season of the Marvel shows actually.

I don't think Punisher was as big of a drop off as Daredevil or Jessica Jones had though

Davjs likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Still need to give Iron Fist season 2 a go, I think it getting cancelled so suddenly put me off

Probably also why I haven't started S2 of this yet

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. Not really interested in Iron Fist...

But yeah, Punisher S2 wasn't a huge drop, which is saying something considering S1 was probably my favorite of the first seasons alongside Jessica Jones.

I think Daredevil S3 is the only time a subsequent season was better than its first.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Strangely, I think Iron Fist Season 2 was my favourite of the Season 2s (not watched this one yet). That was mainly due to Colleen and Misty though.

16. Davjs

Trusted

I hate not getting a season 3 of Cage due to that, they were setting up Colleen and Misty taking down gangster Luke right?

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I don't know enough about the comics to know if that was what would happen but that sounds like an interesting and awesome story.

18. Sweet Christmas.

19. Davjs

Trusted

Me neither, I just remember Misty not being ok with Luke at the end of Season 2 and in IF2 she tells Colleen that with her new power, she may need her help stopping someone. I think that's where they were going, but I could be wrong and I guess we'll never know.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

On ep 4 of this and they revealed Jigsaw's face finally......you've got to be kidding me? That's it? Weak.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

On Ep 8 and show is still great except Russo's lame face. The Preacher is so off putting and creepy, they are doing a great job with him so far.

The Russian Gym fight was so brutal, Frank turning the bald guy into a Sloth from Goonies look-alike with that weight marks the 2nd time so far the wife had to look away.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

The moment when Russo is told he's responsible for Frank's family's deaths should have been better and had more weight..... and should have come from Frank. Boooooooo

23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I thought that was already revealed in season 1?

24. Davjs

Trusted

Before I answer that, I need to know that if you've started season 2?