Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Punisher (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 29, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Finally finished it.

It was ok overall. Whereas some of the other Marvel Netflix series have dragged in the middle, I found this one really hard to get into it at the beginning and found it got better as it progressed. 13 episodes is still too many for these series.

It didn't reach the heights of JJ, LC and DD1 but it was a good story overall. I enjoyed some of the characters more than I thought.

2. Davjs

Trusted

Started this last week and 2 eps from the end and boy, what ride. After LC, IF and Defenders which all fell kinda flat towards the end (except IF which started flat) I forgot how good these shows can be.

This has me so hyped for season 2 and DD season 3 which I think mirrors the tone of this show more than the others.

3. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

After Daredevil Season 1, I was hoping the quality of the other shows would be on par. This is the first season Post Season 2 Of DD that I actually loved.

The Micro B-Plot is definitely the best subplot of any of the series.

slimfenix182, Kingjohn_654 and Davjs like this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

Correct and correct. The side characters and plot felt like they fit in with main story. Everything is so well done.

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I never even ended up watching this. Just got so burnt out on the Netflix stuff.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

Moon Knight! There's a hero we need, and the hero we deserve.

7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

715creeks likes this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I liked the first season but knowing that it will be cancelled as soon as season 2 airs lowers the hype for it. Why bother

RyanPm40 and 715creeks like this.
  9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I mean they filmed it before they knew everything was getting canceled so it's not like they half assed it lol

715creeks and Davjs like this.
  10. PauLo

43% Burnt

Plus we don’t know if The Punisher was tagged onto the original Netflix/Marvel deal or if it’s separate. If there’s on property that probably wouldn’t suit the Disney service, it’s Frank Castle.

I’m still really excited by this. The first season may be my favourite of all the shows.

715creeks and slimfenix182 like this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think they half assed it and the fact they filmed it before everything got cancelled is what sucks because I doubt there will be any closure. S2 will most likely end with a lot left open which will lead to nothing is what I’m not excited about.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I doubt Netflix will continue a show that is connected and in the same world as 4 other cancelled shows.

715creeks likes this.
  13. slimfenix182

Idk Punisher is the simplest character of the Netflix shows, if I felt good enough about how Daredevil ended despite them obviously leaving off for more, I'll probably be satisfied with how Punisher ends

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

We obviously don't know anything about how it will end, but I felt that Daredevil S3 ended quite nicely. I don't know if that was a lucky accident but you never know... it might happen again!

RyanPm40 and slimfenix182 like this.
  15. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Honestly, I just want more Punisher wearing his Punisher vest and taking out dudes. He only really wore the vest for one episode last season, IIRC.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

715creeks and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. slimfenix182

After getting destroyed by that mirror Ben is still like more handsome than most guys wtf lol

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Looking forward to next week.

[​IMG]

Kingjohn_654, RyanPm40 and Davjs like this.
  19. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

Excited for this! Sad it's probably the last show in this universe we'll see :tear:

21. PauLo

43% Burnt

Season 3 of Jessica Jones says otherwise.

22. Davjs

Trusted

Is that one already shooting? That'd be awesome. I assume since all these shows are being cancelled, only the ones already in production would come out.

23. PauLo

43% Burnt

I believe it's in post production at the moment. Probably get it April/May time I reckon.

Fronnyfron and Davjs like this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

Well that made my day as well. Season 2 wasn't near as good as one, probably because the villain wasn't that compelling, but I'll always be excited for more esp since the end is near lol

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. Oh no, they cut Ben's hair!!!

I'm really reading too much into it, but right after "Frank, people are gonna die," they cut to Amber and I am shook.