Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Punisher (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I have a ranking off the Netflix shows over on Hidden Remote and I still can't decide where I want to put this because I still love DD S1 and JJ S1 a lot. But it's certainly up there with those two.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I want to rewatch this as soon as I finish binging Always Sunny before Netflix drops it lol. I haven't rewatched any of the other Marvel shows yet so this is definitely my fave. Seasons one of DD and JJ are great but I've found the weaker parts of those shows (Foggy and Karen, Nuke) have kept me from rewatching them yet, although Fisk and Kilgrave being two of the better villains in the whole Marvel universe does more than make up for that. Punisher just was the only show that never dragged for me personally at any point. I'll probably rewatch the other two after to better compare.

Kingjohn_654 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I agree. DD and JJ were very good but I like the Punisher even more.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Why do I like Karen so much more in this show than DD?

5. Renewed for S2.

6. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Yeah, I would put this right below Jessica Jones.

JJ
    Punisher
    Luke Cage
    DD2
    DD1
    IF
    Defenders

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

JJ
    DD1
    Punisher
    DD2
    Luke
    Defenders
    IF

8. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

JJ
    Punisher
    DD1
    DD2
    Luke Cage
    Defenders
    IF

9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Every episode with Karen was the best episode.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still haven't watched it but wow, Defenders was that bad?

11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It focused on Iron Fist a lot, which did not help as it really kept things at a dumber level due to making him so vital to the storyline.

It wasn’t awful, but it didn’t do a great job showing why only these characters could have handled the problem of the season. They basically all just punched people.

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

It was 4th for me, I found it plenty enjoyable. Danny is way better interacting with Luke Cage than he is in his own series. I have it above Cage, DDS2 and Iron Fist

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I enjoyed it more the DD2 (too disjointed) and Iron Fist (just awful). It feels more concise because it's not 13 episodes. JJ, DD1 and Luke Cage set a high bar, so whilst it didn't reach those heights, it was pretty cool to see them all come together. (I've only seen one episode of The Punisher so far so can't compare it to that).

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Ah, I didn't finish Luke Cage and didn't even start Iron Fist so I haven't got around to trying it but I loved both DD's and JJ so I meant to try Defenders at some point. Might try it after The Punisher.

15. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I had to watch everything in the right order. But I know someone who watched The Defenders and had no idea the other shows existed then had to go back. She's weird.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That is weird. I wouldn't have even clicked on a show called 'The Defenders' without context.

Kingjohn_654 and Jake W like this.
  17. zachmacD

Trusted

I'm on the 4th episode now and I'm very happy with it. Usually I put a new show on then lose interest after an episode or two but I legitimately can't wait to get off work so I can check out the next one.

For any fans of the comic book, is this series specifically based off of the comics or is this a completely new storyline?

18. Kuri44

Finishing the last 3 episodes today. I’ve enjoyed this much more than Expected. It’s a shame I sat on this for so long after being underwhelmed with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders. This is refreshing for the Netflix/marvel universe

19. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

They draw elements of the story from Vol 1 ("In The Beginning") of the Punisher MAX series and combine it with his origin story.

20. zachmacD

Trusted

Awesome. Thanks man!

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I mean, sure.

I'd be interested in hearing him say that to cops who use the symbol. I'm still waiting for an official Punisher writer to be so bold as to show Frank Castle go after racist cops and react emotionally to them idealizing him in the wrong way.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. A little late to the party but I finally finished this. A whole bunch to love. A good amount to say “eh” about.

Loved Bernthal (spelling?) and Ben Barnes.

I would really love another Daredevil/Punisher season.

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finally watched this and while it was a bit slow at points like all of the Netflix Marvel shows I thought it was awesome. Great, brutal action and a good, surprisingly mature plot. Very happy with it

slimfenix182 likes this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It took me a while to get into it but once it clicked I've enjoyed it. I'm on episode 10 - hoping for a strong finish.

My wife had an operation and doesn't like this kind of thing so my watching time has been limited... she's back at work now though so I'm beginning to make progress.