Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Punisher (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

so many people sending death threats to people for dumb shit these days. people need to chilll

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Damn, solid first episode, I'm so glad this show is finally here!

On another note, this show is really making me realize it's time to cancel my UHD Netflix subscription. It's absurd that they aren't going 4k for all of their original content.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just finished the episode and if it continues to be this fun then it could be my favorite Marvel Netflix show. I’m currently confused at the 67% RT score.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’m only on episode 6. So I’m. It reading any of this thread yet.

I popped in to ask a question. To those who have finished, should there be any urgency to finish the show ASAP to ensure nothing is spoiled?

I have a feeling no huge reveal will be in this, as I haven’t seen much reaction online. I’m askkng because I’m 2 weeks behind on the CW shows and I want to be caught up for their crossover next week. So if I can safely set this aside without worrying about anything major getting put in my feeds I will catch up there first. Feel free to DM me. Thanks!

6. I have two episodes left. I've really been enjoying these later episodes. Some great, brutal stuff in them. Also, this show feels the least like a Marvel property of all the Netflix shows.

7. RyanPm40

First episode was a little slow, but daamn it picks up quite a bit from there. Ep 3 is my favorite so far, I'm up to 5 now.

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Micro and Frank are easily my favorite pair from the Netflix shows.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

This show is incredible, one of my favorites, easily my favorite superhero show (as much as I like The Flash).

slimfenix182 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. Not as strong as Jessica Jones and Luke Cage thematically, but still probably the most well-executed Marvel Netflix show simply because it didn't drag too much at a certain point (Jessica Jones) or switch villains (Luke Cage) or feel overburdened by too many plot lines (Daredevil S2). I enjoyed every episode of this, even the slow ones, but holy shit episode 10 was something else.

11. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

How’s the action?

Happy with the comments here. definitely watching this now.

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Probably the best simple assessment of these Netflix shows that I've read.

Yet to watch The Punisher but I will at some point.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I gotta give this another shot. I liked the first episode, but eps 2 & 3 were so boring I fell asleep during both.

14. GBlades

Trusted

It's a definitely a slow burner. After the first 10 minutes i thought we would be getting Frank smashing skulls with hammers. Wasn't until the last episode he was the Punisher again and those episodes were awesome.

15. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

The wife and I just finished Ep 10. I can’t understand the mediocre reviews. I think is up there with JJ and DD. We’re loving it. I’m invested in every character, I love the dialogue. I think Jon Bernthal is incredible too. Do you think the political commentary is a bit heavy handed for the show perhaps?

16. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Just finished episode 11 and I really don't want this to end

715creeks likes this.
  17. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I just finished the season too and damn this one was brutal by the end. I think this show was well made. I don't understand the low score either. Maybe if it wasn't the 5th Marvel-Netflix show, everybody would praise it, but maybe people got a bit overwhelmed with these comics series/films. All in all, it was worth it, and as mentioned earlier Micro and Frank were really good together.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  18. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Haven't enjoyed much of the Netflix Marvel series since the first season of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, but this is really good. Berenthal just plays this character so well.

bachna84 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  19. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I think I'm 6 eps in, I like the characters and the action a lot but the writing is kinda bad sometimes. I guess thats the baseline in superhero media though. It's a lot of fun

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I can’t believe how gross this was. More like The Punished, Amirite?! The broken glass thing in the finale was the cringiest thing I’ve seen in some time.

bachna84 and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40

Oh man, that was brutal to watch for sure, but really well done.

22. RyanPm40

Overall, I thought this season was very well-written. It was heart-wrenching, and there were many times I teared up. You genuinely feel sorry for Frank and Micro, and the show's balance between violence while showing the human side of things and showing these characters' motivations keeps the violence from feeling cheap, even if you don't agree with it. There are some choices I'm not the biggest fan of, like certain ways Billy and Madoni were handled in different parts of the show, but I think this is the strongest Marvel Netflix series since Jessica Jones.

23. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Watched the first episode last night. They really make you hate those construction workers.

bachna84 and slimfenix182 like this.
  24. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I just watched the first ep last night and totally agree. I was legit amped when they got 'punished' haha.

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  25. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This is pretty easily one of my favourite things in the entire mcu. The last 3 episodes in particular were incredible. This show has totally reaffirmed my love for the character, gonna have to reread all my old Punisher comics now haha.

SpyKi, Kingjohn_654 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.