Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Prodigy - No Tourists (November 2nd, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jul 20, 2018.

1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

via BMG/Take Me to the Hospital

Preorders

Tracklisting:
    1. Need Some1
    2. Track 2
    3. Track 3
    4. Track 4
    5. Track 5
    6. Track 6
    7. Track 7
    8. Track 8
    9. Track 9
    10. Track 10

stars143 likes this.
  2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Used to be obsessed with them as a kid. Never listened to the last album but this song is pretty cool, takes me back

3. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

News has come in this morning in the UK that Keith Flint has been found dead at his home in Essex. He was 49 years old.

4. PauLo

43% Burnt

The Fat of the Land was a huge album for me in my early teens. I know Keith's contributions on the whole was minimal musically, his style and attitude is what made the band what it is.

Rest in Power, Keith.

riotspray and mellohart like this.
  5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Damn :( RIP

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Fuuuuuuuuck. Way too young to go. Anyone know what happened?

Selfishly I'm bummed because I was FINALLY after like 20 years, gonna get to see them live in May, but on a real note, this is super sad. I hope he and his loved ones find peace.

7. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

Sadly, the band Instagram has confirmed it was suicide.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

amorningofsleep likes this.
  9. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Add me to the list of people that Fat of the Land was a big influence on. I'll be spinning it all day today.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Man this really sucks. Between this and Brody last week, it's just too much.

11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

So bummed about this. I was a huge Prodigy fan since 1997. I even dressed up as Keith for Halloween that year. No one in my seventh grade class had a clue who I was. Fat of the Land is still such an amazing album and their last album they just released was great. I suggest any Prodigy fan check it out. The saddest part for me is I always wanted to see them live and it was going to happen in two months. My friends and I had tickets to see their NYC show in May. I can only assume it will be cancelled. RIP Mr Flint.

riotspray and wordzanddreamz like this.
  12. PauLo

43% Burnt

I can’t remember seeing them live, but I’m sure I’ve been to a few Reading fests when they were playing but criminally never actually saw them. I did however see his short lived band Flint at the first ever Download fest. Can’t remember much about it musically, but he was super energetic despite the fact next to no one knew any of the tunes.

Was just listening to “Jilted...” and my god Poison is such a fucking great track. Proper goosebumps listening to it for the first time in years.

13. Horrorca

Trusted

rip

he was / they were a force to be reckoned live

14. Horrorca

Trusted

also Lupe Fiasco’s ig tribute is golden

Rowan5215, robb and cherrywaves like this.
  15. somethingwitty

Trusted

Such an influential act...Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, and Moby were all part of that mid 90's resurgence that helped bring dance music to the US in a major way.

The amount of energy that they put into their shows was insane.

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

I have distinct memories of coming across a poster of him FOTL-era in a FYE when I was 5, and promptly bursting into tears because I was so scared

riotspray likes this.
  17. cherrywaves

Trusted

But seriously all their albums (at least up until Invaders) were so disctinct and awesome, and they (plus NIN) were one of the first bands where I felt that I had to collect every release that they put out. Definitely challenging, but still a great experience. Have a hard time believing that they’re still going to continue touring, but if they decide to carry on I’m going to try my best to make it to the Boston show

Rowan5215 and riotspray like this.
  18. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

so gutted, Fat of the Land is one of the greatest albums in any genre. Invaders was such a good comeback too, that thing was wall to wall bangers. RIP

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

What is the best way to get into The Prodigy?

20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Jilted Generation or Fat of the Land

Honestly I’d say start from the beginning because their evolution is really cool and spans such a wide spectrum of electronic music