Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Print Collectors Thread • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Drewski, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Just locked down this ISO after years of looking to complete the /100 MerchDirect set. Face value too!

upload_2018-1-23_10-21-26.png

ship90 likes this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

It's only taken me about a year but I'm finally getting my American Football print and ticket custom framed today.

Drewski, coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  3. sean_rugy

Update: February 9th can't come soon enough, hoping it gets finished before then.

Drewski likes this.
  4. ship90

Trusted

These are pretty great. Trying to store 24x36 prints is such a pain. Portfolios are so expensive tho ha ugh but it seems that Bottleneck Gallery is the one behind them. Sleeves available as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shop

5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Meant to post that earlier! GREAT idea by Bottleneck, 24x36 portfolios are hard to come by.

Also...

Sometimes, you just gotta have a fucking print. Like...pay more than 2x what it's worth less than a month after the show ($50 at the show). But holy shit I am happy I did. Been a minute since I was this blown away by a print in person. Between the incredible details, the metallic ink, tying in the ultimate Phish theme ("read the book" from Icculus)...Matt Taylor absolutely killed this.

I was going to really splurge on a frame for my Phish Wrigley Field print by Boyer (photo below) but now I don't know...might have to just go nuts and do both.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sean_rugy, ship90 and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  6. sean_rugy

It has arrived! Couldn’t be more stoked on how this came out. Between the light blue mat and the distressed white frame... I’m in love. Perfect way to remember the time an all time favorite played on my physical birthday.

B2D40DF8-B49E-4C4A-A875-DF91B9D4B467.jpeg

coleslawed, ship90 and Drewski like this.
  7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ayyyyyy.

Getting me excited to pick mine up later this week. The waiting is the hardest part.

sean_rugy likes this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

She's home! Fresh from the framer! Red suede mat, distressed black frame, floated stubs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sean_rugy likes this.
  9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Gonna take a stab at grabbing a variant of David Welker's "The Maze" today but it is going to be an absolute bloodbath.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

upload_2018-3-16_14-59-55.png

Love the detail and character on this "An Intimate Performance" piece by AJ Masthay. The drawing commemorates Trey Anastasio's (Phish) solo performance in Cambridge, NH last month. Wish I went so I could feel like a non-hypocrite buying it.

11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Was browsing the Deathwish newsletter that just hit my inbox and I dig this print by Bart Balboa.

[​IMG]

coleslawed, sean_rugy and ship90 like this.
  12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

big fan of his stuff. would love a tattoo from him someday.

13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I'm stumbling around my Photobucket full of pics from 2002 to 2004 and my bedroom wall is cracking me up. Show edition Drowning Man (with pins in it, ughhhhh), Murder By Death, Vaux, Comeback Kid show poster, Weezer supergirls, tons of magazine cutouts. Also, my brother's punk sticker door haha.

upload_2018-3-22_13-19-22.png

upload_2018-3-22_13-20-27.png

upload_2018-3-22_13-21-26.png

14. sean_rugy

Your room is straight out of an early 2000's teen movie.

coleslawed, ship90 and Drewski like this.
  15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Metallic gold Jane Doe are you kidding...

coleslawed, sean_rugy and ship90 like this.
  16. ship90

Trusted

That looks expensive ha and it’s massive!

Also, this is a pretty great BR poster:

Dog with a Blog and Drewski like this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

so many rad prints coming for Roadburn. hoping they sell some of the leftovers/misprints on the cheap once the BRLSQ dudes eat home.

Drewski likes this.
  18. Dog with a Blog Apr 18, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

Dayum

coleslawed, Drewski and ship90 like this.
  19. ship90

Trusted

Any posters/prints out there that you love but are not music or pop-culture oriented?

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ton of glare on this because it's in the bathroom of my apartment, but I had this 24x36 print made from a photographer in Long Beach, NY that he took of a sunrise on the boardwalk. Spent last five years living there but moved in December.

[​IMG]

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Finally framed some of my prints!
    D8C531A1-96BD-4CD4-868A-86323056069A.jpeg
    A924DCBD-6129-42BC-B180-984AD265A421.jpeg

ship90, Drewski and Dog with a Blog like this.
  22. sean_rugy

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It was great! Went to the Detroit and Columbus shows and had a blast at both. They uploaded the Columbus show this week too haha

24. sean_rugy

Haha that’s perfect. I just pressed play on the Columbus show and I’m dying.

Joe4th likes this.
  25. ship90

Trusted

Has anyone shipped prints before? I’ve never really sold much over the internet bc I get anxious thinking I’ll just mess something up:seeno:. Any recommendations? Will prob dig around ExpressoBeans and see if there are any threads. Some will require tubes, some are framed and will def need bubble wrap.