Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Print Collectors Thread • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Drewski, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

That's just my guess, but I'll message you context.

2. ship90

Trusted

3 of the Kings Theater posters are going for over $300 on eBay atm (and one is very close). :-|

3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This flipper stuff is a pretty huge bummer. Should be limit of 2 per person.

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Speak of the devil...

NationalPhenomenon and ship90 like this.
  5. ship90

Trusted

I'm a big fan of Jeremy Geddes, but his stuff quite pricey

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Major bummer, but looks like both my Giving Tree and King’s Theatre prints have some damage. :/

Guy who scooped my GT has it wrapped with other prints and there’s a minor dent in one part, but then a lot of white ink bled into the green from another print it looks like. Brooklyn one was held with binder clips at merch for display and there’s a minor indent towards the top, along with a weird ass stain stop right. I rolled it with craft paper and put it in my tube right when I got it, so that wasn’t me I guess.

The Brooklyn one will frame out with the right mat, I’m a little more concerned about the GT.

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

First, my four new guys!

Second, I have my entire Brand New collection in here, slowly updated the artist info, etc. But check it out!

@BrandNewArchive's Print Collection

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  8. ship90

Trusted

Nice collection @Drewski :ok:I got that Suburban Avenger one in too and it looks sooo good in person.

I wish there was a site like Discogs for prints. I need to catalogue my stuff.

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

You're in luck! ExpressoBeans

10. ship90

Trusted

Yeah I've tried it in the past. Will have to check it out again. I wasn't crazy about it, but it's like the only option ha

11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

They are about to hit their fundraising goal for a massive overhaul, so I think there are bright times ahead.

ship90 likes this.
  12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Hosting a giveaway on the Archive for Luke Martin's "137" print if you wanna enter!

13. ship90 Nov 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2017)
    ship90

Trusted

MondoCon is this weekend and I am so jealous of anyone that can go. Seeing all the artists post their booths... it's crazy ha. It'd be cool if they would consider moving it once to NY (they do have a theater there). Would make it more feasible for me ha but I understand Austin is the place.

Like this:

14. ship90

Trusted

Also this, if anyone is interested

Drewski likes this.
  15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

OHMYGOOOOODDDDDDDD

ship90 likes this.
  16. ship90

Trusted

For the Rogue One fans, next week a timed edition will be released:

Martin Ansin is just so dang good ha

coleslawed likes this.
  17. ship90

Trusted

Ok, so I've started to finally update my collection on EB ha. I'm super curious as to what the new site will look like.
    Also, we're trying to fill in the gaps for Brand New, so if you have any posters not listed, please share. Check out the thread started by Brandon in the BN Trading FB group or add it yourself (it's pretty easy) using this link.

Some are still in the process of approval, but check it out here

Drewski likes this.
  18. ship90

Trusted

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Oh man, 18x25 won't fit in my 18x24 hahahahahahhaha.

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

...I bought it.

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  21. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Same.

Drewski and ship90 like this.
  22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I know have three 18x25 prints that will need to be framed and it drives me crazy. This thing, a Beach Slang one, and an American Football. The BS and AF prints might even be a weird 19x25...

Drewski and ship90 like this.
  23. ship90

Trusted

So many frames... so little money ugh. Why not just do 18 x 24, pls make our lives easier haha

sean_rugy likes this.
  24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I’m about to hit up some thrift stores and look for frames. Apparently that’s the move.

Joined an FB group on making your own mats and stuff...would be cool to learn but it seems like you need to buy a lot of hardware. That cost obviously gets offset by doing your own framing though.

ship90 likes this.
  25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Why don't you just take off an inch?