Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Print Collectors Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Drewski, Mar 6, 2017.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just bought one of Jordan Buckley's Jason Vorhees posters.

2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

For those hitting the Brand New fall tour, someone on Reddit said they spoke to the merch guy outside of the Detroit show today and he said there are venue specific posters, apparently /200.

3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Feels right that my 1,000th post should be in here...

Tonight's Brand New print. It's an /200 and is $40 (wow).

[​IMG]

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  4. ship90

Trusted

$40 is a lot ha, but it's been awhile since I've bought a poster from a show. Wonder if it's a bigger size?
    I'm always worried it will be get creased. Usually I bring a plastic bag/tube and rubber band, hoping that works for me again at these upcoming shows.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Good to know, thanks!

6. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Looks like it's 18x24, and I also saw rubber bands in one of the merch photos. I gotta imagine they're for the prints/posters.

ship90 likes this.
  7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Merch booth not giving out tubes though, so I will be bringing my own. Love when a habit comes in handy (no prints in these tubes).

upload_2017-10-16_10-24-33.png

NationalPhenomenon and ship90 like this.
  8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just a bummer that I'll probably have to show up when doors open to snag one of these, not even knowing what they'll look like.

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I was tweeting with @ninlive (Nine Inch Nails archivist) last night and he was behind the person who got the last one. I'll ask around what time that was.

I feel like an asshole, but I may just have an Archive follower who gets there mad early hook it up... :cringe:

10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

reported, abuse of power.

Drewski likes this.
  11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

:devil::speakno:

sean_rugy likes this.
  12. sean_rugy

that run of blue AF prints are sooo nice. almost tempted to find the whole set even though I wasn't at the shows.

also, if anyone ever comes across the American Football print from their initial reunion on October 11, 2014, Webster Hall, please let me know. that show in particular is super important.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. ship90

Trusted

14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Someone get this man the Webster Hall 2014 print.

sean_rugy likes this.
  15. ship90

Trusted

Last nights poster, unsure who the artist is?

Also, looks like the Electric Factory is getting two? Wonder if there was a communication issue

sean_rugy likes this.
  16. sean_rugy

I know it's the angle but that looks huge

17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I mean...HOLY ACTUAL SHIT on this one.

18. sean_rugy

NationalPhenomenon and ship90 like this.
  19. ship90

Trusted

[​IMG]
    These two versions are up now, and once they sell out, I believe this series will be done. Took 8 weeks to compete (aka draw everything, etc). I really feel bad for the guy, shows how working with a client does not always end up positive, even when working for your favorite band.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SuburbanAvenger

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Yeah, he messaged me privately in more detail and the entire thing seems like a massive bummer of a miscommunication. Definitely not fun, but I guess it happens.

Dying to know what we've got King's Theatre tonight...

21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Also, I bought the "Sowing Season" version and showed my girlfriend a pic of it. She immediately gasped. I was like "what's wrong?" She said that the house is pretty much an exact replica of her estranged mother's. She then proceeded to show me the pictures and uh...holy shit. It's literally exactly the same.

Suffice to say the print is now never making my wall due to the potential bad juju haha.

22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

What's the issue? I don't understand. I assume he got paid for his work?

23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I would think so yes, but to my knowledge, because of the snafu he printed and had to destroy or throw out around 200 prints. So he probably took a loss...but maybe not after he sells these new ones.

Had a first last night at King's Theatre. I literally got the print off the display wall, LAST ONE SOLD (#23 of 200). Had someone pick me up a Giving Tree in Philly, so here are my new beauties...

[​IMG]

24. ship90

Trusted

Was happy to pick up the Philly poster at the show! I saw someone bought a whole stack of copies and was nervous they weren't going to have enough left ha. All the posters have been pretty cool.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

wait, why did he have to destroy 200?