Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Print Collectors Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Drewski, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

2. ship90

Trusted

Things are a little quiet on the Converge front, maybe that's why? But yeah, pretty good for the person that snagged that ha

3. ship90

Trusted

For the GOTG fans....

coleslawed and Drewski like this.
  4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Been too long, thanks for bumping @ship90!

Current hunt: Darin Shock's print for Phish's Baker's Dozen run. I missed out on the artist edition drop so I'm gonna end up paying out the nose ($200+). It's very limited (/650) and the run is already legendary, so...shit.

[​IMG]

Coolest part: This was a MASSIVE mural when you walked into Madison Square Garden that is traditionally reserved for the New York Rangers or New York Knicks.

5. ship90

Trusted

@Drewski I really admire your Phish love ha once you get a bunch of them framed you should show us/post some pics. You must have tons of them ha

NationalPhenomenon and Drewski like this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Thanks man! Expensive habit. Phish is wild because after the 2.0 era, and 100% in their 3.0 era, there is a poster for every. damn. show. And people own them all! I'm in a few groups on Facebook and you should see the prices some of the 90's prints go for. Thousands and thousands.

In terms of what I'm gonna splurge on frames for next, it's probably:

1) Brand New Drowning Man Fall 2003 Tour

And then:

12/28/12 Phish by James Flames
    Brand New Canada 2015 Tour

As said, I missed out on that Darin Shock Baker's Dozen print, but I scooped up this beautiful piece of phan art (/300) for only $20. My girlfriend loves this one so we're gonna get an on-the-cheap periwinkle blue frame for it.

[​IMG]

7. ship90

Trusted

Not a man but that's ok ha :) Also I think that MSG will look sick once framed... I wish frames weren't so pricey. It's such a pain. I love how it's called phan art too. So great ha

Drewski and NationalPhenomenon like this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Uggghhhhhh just bought that one Baker's Dozen phan art but this /50 by a Japanese artist is SO NICE:

[​IMG]

ship90 and NationalPhenomenon like this.
  9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

RIP Romero... :brokenheart:

I like the idea here (skull with graveyard on top) but that eyeball is too...cartoon-y for me. Wish it was more gross and unnerving.

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Anyone here have any music photography on their walls? Tempted to spring for something like this...

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  11. ship90

Trusted

I don't currently have very many music pics but I'd be down to own more. I feel like it's a bit tough (at least bands talked about on this site) to find photographers who are selling their pics. It would add variety to the walls though!

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I am...tempted to grab this Roseland 2003 photo for my eventual Drowning Man frameup but good lord, can you imagine how expensive and perhaps too busy the frame would be? 18x24 print, 11x14 Jesse photo, potentially ticket stub...probably overkill. Maybe I could print my own tiny version of the photo.

[​IMG]

NationalPhenomenon and ship90 like this.
  13. ship90

Trusted

I'm pretty sure the prices weren't as high before, I guess bc of all the BN hype recently the photographer has increased the prices. It might be worthwhile shooting him an email about doing something custom, explaining what you plan to do with it @Drewski?

That photographer had a ton of those cool polaroids, I picked up one when they were on eBay.

14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@ship90

Yeah, I think the email route was how I was gonna go. Even a 4x6 would be pretty big in the mat of a custom frame, so I gotta think.

ship90 likes this.
  15. ship90

Trusted

Also @Drewski , I saw you post about that Bell House poster on twitter... I knew right away it was lazylabrador! Also, crazzzyyy how much that is going for like seriously ha.

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Who is he? He has a ton of prints for sale...

17. ship90

Trusted

A known flipper. Used to have a storeenvy (I think) and would sell rare variants of records for inflated prices. At some point moved to eBay.

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ugh, gross.

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

*whistles*

Damn, this lava foil variant by AJ Masthay...

[​IMG]

20. ship90

Trusted

Love Dan McCarthy

Drewski, coleslawed and sean_rugy like this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I love the art of James Flames and these Almost Famous variants that are dropping at 12 PM ET are no different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ship90 likes this.
  22. ship90

Trusted

Love me some James Flames as well ha his color choices always catch my eye

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Really wish Brand New would tap Flames for a poster. His 12/28/12 Phish print is near the top of things I want to get framed next.

[​IMG]

ship90 likes this.
  24. ship90 Sep 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2017)
    ship90

Trusted

For the year of Blink's 20th anniversary, they released a new poster each month celebrating the band. It was really cool and would be neat to see BN do something similar for next year but yeah probably not ha

25. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

a couple of my favorites that I have framed. still need to do a print/ticket combo frame for the American Football show from January. I was really hoping that Cap n’ Jazz would have something at their show this weekend but nothing.

C76AA852-2965-4232-89E8-A9458A634DBC.jpeg

8C7427E8-FE4E-440F-8915-1895E39F3213.jpeg

7362F065-9C5D-4468-B989-278E41D6D956.jpeg

coleslawed, Drewski and ship90 like this.