Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Print Collectors Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Drewski, Mar 6, 2017.

1. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

I went with the same one since I didn't see the Halloween one, but I probably couldn't have afforded both. It's one of their most iconic prints, and one that I have a copy of without the dates. Getting one with the dates (in good condition) has been incredibly hard to come by.

ship90 likes this.
  2. Drewski Apr 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2017)
    Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Dude, it is so hard to come by. I have looked FOREVER. Thing is a lot of people got them when they were much younger (myself included) did not treat them right. My old 2003 has pinholes in it cause I hung it up with them after I got it like the idiot in 9th grade I was.

You won't be disappointed. The print is so great and is not just in "good condition," it's perfect. Straight from da vault.

ship90 and NationalPhenomenon like this.
  3. ship90

Trusted Supporter

I had a sneaking suspicion haha... saw him put a bunch up last week in his store. Looks excellent! I didn't go to any of those since I was like 13, but it would be cool to own regardless. One of the cooler BN posters for sure and in mint condition since most on eBay (whenever they do appear there) are not in the greatest shape.

4. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Seems as though he sold out of the underwater one. Glad I jumped on it when I did. Ended up picking up the Halloween print because I don't know when I'll get another chance at purchasing it for a (semi) reasonable price.

5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

coleslawed and ship90 like this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

But, on the bright side, I just ninja'd one of these unofficial Wrigley Field 2016 Phish prints from the artist who found two in his vault. Boom.

[​IMG]

NationalPhenomenon and ship90 like this.
  7. ship90

Trusted Supporter

That foil looks great! Also, dannnggg on that Jane Doe ha. Saw it on Instagram, but didn't see the price ha...$500 wowzers. Granted, the aftermarket on that stuff is ridiculous.

Mondo has a timed-edition Alien print up until the middle of May. Would love an Alien print with Ripley's likeness at some point.

Drewski likes this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

And the Drowning Man is done flattening. Into the file it goes. It really doesn't get more #oddlysatisfying in this life for me than the 18x24 print fitting perfectly into the 18x24 portfolio... *drool*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ship90 likes this.
  9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

picked up this bad boy tonight
    IMG_0084.JPG
    and this one at RSD last week
    IMG_0085.JPG

sean_rugy, Drewski and ship90 like this.
  10. ship90

Trusted Supporter

@coleslawed that American Football poster is great! They seem to have some pretty awesome ones.

Recently received the BN/Drowning Man one as well and it's pretty rad ha. I own a lithograph version of that print and this one just pops way more in person. Also picked up a print of The Thing (one of my favorite movies) although it's going to be a bit before it arrives.

Drewski likes this.
  11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@ship90 What Thing print? Also one of my favorite movies...am going to be getting a Thing tattoo when I have some more money.

12. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Message him on Instagram/through his site and see if he has any left. It was pricey tho ha since it's a run out of 50. Kyle did the Stranger Things artwork. Love his style.

Edit: there was an art show with Creature Features that included only pieces for The Thing... search around on insta as well to see other artist's interpretation.

coleslawed and Drewski like this.
  13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Hhhooolllyyyyyyy shit that is awesome.

ship90 likes this.
  14. ship90

Trusted Supporter

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

ship90 likes this.
  16. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Sent ya the deets.

Drewski likes this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the whole series they've been doing for these shows is cool, I think Dallas is my favorite so far.

and the artist:
    Nicholas Moegly (@nicholasmoegly) • Instagram photos and videos

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I seriously can't believe my luck with prints recently. First Brian Ewing sticks the 18x18 Holiday EP print in for free with Drowning Man. Then today I get home and there are two tubes from Michael Boyer. Thought to myself: "no way he accidentally sent me two of the Phish Wrigley Field prints..."

Welp!

[​IMG]

As mentioned, artist is Michael Boyer. Print is "phan art" for Phish's Wrigley Field shows last summer. I believe he printed /200 total.

The foil is GORGEOUS in person with rainbow reflections off the light. Stoked to splurge on a frame for this one.

19. marceting

Trusted

ship90 likes this.
  20. bennjeff

Regular

This thread is just a reminder that I have 5 or 6 prints that I need to get framed. Also if any of you would happen to know where I could find the tour poster that Brand New did when they toured for the Daisy release I'd greatly appreciate it. Saw them at the House of Blues in South Carolina and didn't pick up the poster but meant to. Never been able to find one so it might be near impossible.

21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

One of these?

I'm ISO a 2009 tour poster as well, along with the tree poster from the 2007 tour. Unfortunately, I agree with your prognosis...they are pretty much impossible to come by, especially in good condition.

22. bennjeff

Regular

Yep that is the exact poster, specifically the Thrice version. It was my first time seeing Brand New and I love the Daisy fox design so I'm disappointed I can't find one and probably won't

23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Just got this in an email from Bottleneck. Pretty darn cool:

1984 by Olivier Bonhomme
    Fine art giclée
    18 x 24 inches
    Hand-numbered edition of 100
    $40

[​IMG]

1984 Variant by Olivier Bonhomme
    Fine art giclée
    18 x 24 inches
    Hand-numbered edition of 50
    $50

[​IMG]

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Just grabbed this. Fan made for Phish summer tour last year. Handpainted kinda thing, only $20!

[​IMG]

ship90 likes this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

these are rad. Thomas Hooper's Jane Live artprints. i think these were like $130, though, which is too rich for my blood.
    [​IMG]