Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Print Collectors Thread • Page 13

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Drewski, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

David Welker's "West Village" sparkle foil AP. NYU grad and NYC lover and I am so stoked with how this turned out. Was able to upgrade the frame and to museum glass on this one. Entire thing was $40 (print is 18x18).

[​IMG]

Nick DiFabbio's phan art for Phish's 2018 Camden run.

[​IMG]

Can't remember the photographer's name, but a shot from Phish's NYE show featuring the "Mercury" gag.

[​IMG]

Jim Pollock's "Dinner and a Movie" print for Phish's pandemic-inspired streaming series. Can't really see it here but the frame is a deep shadowbox.

[​IMG]

And just for something smaller in size/different, an 8x12 film print of a 35mm photo I took in Cairns, Australia in 2014.

[​IMG]

ship90 likes this.
  2. ship90

Trusted

@Drewski wow, love that David Welker!

I’m thinking Bottleneck is doing The Thing next!? That would be an instant buy.

coleslawed and Drewski like this.
  3. [​IMG]

Hey, this thread is news to me. I have loads of prints, but these are my two latest.

coleslawed, ship90 and Drewski like this.
  4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Oh crap, I didn't know that this was here. I have far too many prints around the house. And yes, they're framed.

And I love seeing Nick DiFabbio mentioned, as he's one of my best friends on the planet.

Latest acquisitions framed - a whole bunch of Scott C.

8AAC28B6-B20B-4A68-AC8F-A6828D0A0FC1.jpeg

coleslawed, ship90 and Drewski like this.
  5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@blast0rama Sick! I love Nick's Phish-inspired stuff. Send him my frame-up because I love that print and how it turned out.

blast0rama likes this.
  6. blast0rama

Literally was about to text him, @Drewski.

Drewski likes this.
  7. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

So have a stupid question. Have a print I need to get a frame for. Before I had gotten one from SimplyFramed I believe? Looks great, high quality just a little more expensive then I want to spend again.

I see people recommending Michaels. I’ve looked in store and didn’t see much. Do they sell frames in 18x24 with mating in them already or do you have to go through the custom framing option? I just want something cheaper but not “cheap cheap” like you buy at target

8. chris-wrecker

Trusted

I was the frame shop manager at a Michaels for 5 years. I dont think they make precut mats for 18x24 prints. Your best bet might be to find a prebuilt 24x30 frame and get an 18x24 opening custom mat cut to fit into. That would give you an even 3 inches of mat around your picture. I have found some different size mats on amazon as well.

9. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry for probably stupid questions, but if I didn’t something like this, can I buy the mat at Michaels too? Is there anything I would have to do myself for the mat like cutting/preparing etc?

10. chris-wrecker

Trusted

you just got back where they do the custom frames, and they can cut it and put it into the frame for you

11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Sadly less than thrilled with my Jane Doe 20th anniversary timed edition and the /200 unique variant ($200!). Time edition has a scuff on the throat and the colorway on the unique one feels less "cool" than the other ones I've seen and the paint drip right in the middle of the nose is kind of killing me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Loving loving loving this one.

SeeTheLights and coleslawed like this.
  13. blast0rama

That's gorgeous.

Drewski likes this.
  14. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Bump for getting settled in a new house and conducting a long delayed poster audit. Time to decide what stays in the house and what goes in the garage.

IMG_0138.jpeg

And here's what made the cut for the office:

IMG_0135.jpeg IMG_0137.jpeg IMG_0136.jpeg

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Sweet collection!

kpatrickwood likes this.
  16. Was fortunate enough to grab a couple of prints during the latest King Gizz tour. I'm moving soon so they're in a binder for the time being.

IMG_0152.jpeg

Jason Galea, who is a longtime collaborator of Gizz and does the artwork for most of their shows, albums, and merch.

IMG_0153.jpeg

Lewy Jones. He regularly posts cool mashups of their album art in the subreddit and their team reached out to him asking if he'd be interested in doing a show print.

17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ya know, I really didn't like my variant of this for a while, but now that it's in a proper frame...I kinda love It! The printitself is massive (22.5 x 30).

upload_2023-1-20_9-51-5.jpeg

18. Iain

Regular

I am not sure what I think of this one. I bought it after the show as it's probably the best 'production' of a live show I have seen.

Ps, not my twitter.

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Just picked this beauty up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. blast0rama

Gorgeous print with an amazing frame job.

Drewski likes this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Got so excited at the sight of it that I gave my framer another print to do haha.

22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Anddddd another new one! Floated inside the frame:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SeeTheLights, coleslawed and neo506 like this.
  23. blast0rama

coleslawed likes this.
  24. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Collider updated their article on the announcement saying Funko reached out and confirmed layoffs happening, but that print will continue in some form.