Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Print Collectors Thread • Page 10

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Drewski, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

YouTube is your friend on this one, friend. The must haves will be kraft paper to roll up the print in, a thick and sturdy tube (perhaps most important), and some other things (ie: taping the caps on both ends for extra support).

ship90 likes this.
  2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Frame Fetish kills it again (not my frameup). Amazing how seamless he can make it from the print into the mat and frame.

[​IMG]

sean_rugy and ship90 like this.
  3. ship90

Trusted Supporter

When you buy a poster at a show/gallery/convention, do you use a tube or something else to protect it? Or do you hold on to it and hope for the best ha

4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Gotta tube that thing. If you grab a print at a smaller sized show (like a lot of the bands Chorus loves) you can usually slip the merch guy $5 to hold it for you so you can grab it at the end of the show.

ship90 and sean_rugy like this.
  5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

coleslawed and sean_rugy like this.
  6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Mmmm, this piece by N.C. Winters.

[​IMG]

7. Drewski Jul 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2018)
    Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This print by LandLand for Phish's run at The Gorge this weekend...

[​IMG]

ship90 and coleslawed like this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Bought this during setbreak at Phish's Camden show last night, a piece of phan art by Nick DiFabbio. Only 20 made!

[​IMG]

ship90 likes this.
  9. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Love this John Williams print

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

First picture is a painting I got today and the other three are prints.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

New phan art for me! Art by Nick DiFabbio (only 20 made!) for Phish's two night run in Camden this summer. Got #20/20 which I thought was pretty cool. The "WOW" in Owen Wilson's jacket definitely cracked me up.

[​IMG]

12. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Recently received this nice little John Williams print from Gallery 1988 (saw him in April and it was wonderful). Also two of the Olly Moss Avengers pals I picked up arrived! Now just waiting on my TLJ print from Bottleneck which should be here soon.

[​IMG]

67603808-CB61-41BD-A574-2551CCEF0E48.jpeg

coleslawed and Drewski like this.
  13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This is so sick.

sean_rugy and ship90 like this.
  14. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

ship90, Drewski and Dog with a Blog like this.
  15. ship90 Nov 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 20, 2018)
    ship90

Trusted Supporter

I already own that print and I think I might pick up this version too since it’s such a great way to donate! Would make a great gift as well. It’s one of my favs

Apparently it’s also been bootlegged like crazy on Etsy and such.

coleslawed and sean_rugy like this.
  16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

[​IMG]

My updated (framed portion) of my Phish phan art collection. L to R artists: Jamie Lee Meyer (Baker's Dozen 2017), Michael Boyer (Wrigley Field 2016), Nick DiFabbio (Camden 2018).

17. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Any good storage or acid-free protector sleeve recommendations? I see Baroque is having their BF sale, wasn’t sure if there were others out there to check out

18. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Mike Mitchell had his crazy sale this past weekend and he announced that he’s curating an online con for next spring. All original art from tons of artists, sounds pretty awesome. I recommend joining the discord, kinda crazy right now ha but if you’re a fan of his art, lots of fun stuff there

19. ship90

Trusted Supporter

BLADE RUNNER by Drew Struzan On Sale Info!

C2F6D750-71EA-4790-8C00-7A7DCADEACF9.jpeg
    Blade Runner Titled Edition by Drew Struzan
    15-color screen print
    24 x 36 inches
    Edition size will be determined by the number of prints sold through Sunday, January 20th @ 11:59PM ET
    $135 unsigned / $185 signed
    Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipping

So cool!

Drewski likes this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Bad. Ass.

ship90 likes this.
  21. ship90

Trusted Supporter

All | thebirdmachine

Jay Ryan is also having a bit of a sale today too. That Hum print is up if you missed out.

22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Just scored a major ISO in a raffle! Darin Shock's print for Phish's Baker's Dozen. Paid about 25 bucks for an entry and the print if worth $225-$250 at this point so it's a pretty awesome score. Only /650 made, which is actually a really small run for a Phish print—especially for a run this legendary.

[​IMG]

23. Drewski Jan 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2019)
    Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Major FYI to the thread!

Until 2/2 Michaels is having a major sale on one of their frame collections. You can do single mat, UV glass (very good, I believe just a step or two below museum glass), and one of the frames in that collection in the $45-$50 range. Essentially nets to about 70% or 80% off. Have seen some people in the Phish art groups I'm in getting some super cool custom frames for that price. Worth checking out.

Example from one of the groups:

[​IMG]

coleslawed, ship90 and sean_rugy like this.
  24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Welp, just murdered that Michaels deal. Got 5 custom frames for $275 marked down from over $2,000. Considering my museum glass Phish Wrigley frame up (these are UV glass) was $500~ I’m sorta in shock by the insanity of this deal. The woman who helped me was as well. Extremely excited to pick them up in 2 weeks.

coleslawed, ship90 and sean_rugy like this.
  25. ship90

Trusted Supporter