Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Predator (Shane Black, September 14, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 23, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Ehh.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Kind of hard to tell much from that teaser. I think the first full trailer will have us a lot more optimistic.

4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

The MacGuffin’s seriously a controller that a little kid mistakes for a toy spaceship? Yeah that kills all the anticipation I had for this film. Come on Dekker, I know you haven’t done much since Robocop 3 but that’s the best you’ve really got?

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It’s not set at Christmas? No sale.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

No but it does look cool, I like the vibe of the teaser.

7. airik625

Nah I don’t think he’s controlling it. After watching it, I think it’s just showing a spaceship crash while the kid plays with a toy - those two events more than likely happen at separate timelines and was only edited that way for the teaser.

8. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I'm rarely ever excited for remakes/reboots/long awaited sequels but Shane Blacks track record is outstanding so I'm excited for this one.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

How is this a Shane Black movie and it's not set during Christmas?!

Dog with a Blog and Anthony_ like this.
  10. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Looks awesome and I’m glad it doesn’t show very much.

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

One, due to how trailer editing works, we have no idea how that scene with the kid actually works. Two, if he actually does accidentally crash a ship while playing with what he thinks is a toy... That's fun, and if you don't like that, poo on you.

Pretty minimal teaser, but I dig it. Especially knowing that it's Shane Black. (As others have said, there better be a taste of Christmas in there at some point.)

Anthony_ likes this.
  12. airik625

Wasn’t their a scene like that in one of the trailers for the Godzilla remake? Where the kid is playing with a toy helicopter or something and then you see an actual helicopter crash? Maybe not.

13. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

I initially took the toy he was playing with as a beacon type device that’s alerted the Predators ship. Hope it’s not some voo-doo spaceship toy.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That's what I thought too.

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Trailer was less than impressive, but I'm a fan of Shane Black and I like the cast.

16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yikes; did not feel good about the trailer.

17. I'm indifferent on the teaser. As mentioned above, a full trailer will give a better sense of whether this movie will be good or not. I was hoping there'd be some horror flavor in this movie, but it doesn't look like there's much.

18. airik625

Not sure if this poster is official or not, but I like it:

[​IMG]

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

That was the original teaser image that came out last year for the advertising expo

airik625 likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The original leak synopsis sounded terrible and I was praying it was fake but this seems to back it up and I'm not stoked

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Predator is a good enough concept without introducing genetically modified versions. Sequels always have to go crazy instead of keeping their cool.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. airik625

1AA1CA23-3134-4FCE-914B-EDCA6297BE0F.jpeg

24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hoping Olivia Munn saves this film

Connor likes this.
  25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

She, statistically, will not.