Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Politician (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 8, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Aug 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Premieres September 27th

Payton Hobart (Ben Platt), a wealthy student from Santa Barbara, California, has known since age seven that he’s going to be President of the United States. But first he’ll have to navigate the most treacherous political landscape of all: Saint Sebastian High School. To get elected Student Body President, secure a spot at Harvard, and stay on his singular path to success, Payton will have to outsmart his ruthless classmates without sacrificing his own morality and carefully crafted image.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Out today. Love Ben Platt. Watching now

3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Can’t wait to start it tomorrow.

4. OhTheWater Sep 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2019)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

damn Ben singing River

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

So this is like American Vandal but for political dramas?

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Gwyneth saying "this is the 4th time someone's jumped out a window after I tried to break up with them" was incredible
    "you dumbass I don't get seizures I have cerebral palsy and love getting high"
    "I'm sorry I've never committed patricide before" "didn't you listen to the Menendez 9/11 tapes like you asked me to" "patricide is so on brand for the twins"

the first episode was peak Ryan Murphy but thankfully the 2nd toned it down a bit, Gwyneth and Jessica Lange feel like they're in separate shows but they're still iconic

supernovagirl and phaynes12 like this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Does this seem more teen oriented than adult? I assumed from the team behind it, the fact that it’s on Netflix, and the comparisons to Election that it would be pretty mature, but reviews seem to say otherwise. I still can’t believe how good the cast is.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

it isn't too teen oriented, most of the teens on the show act like adults

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Zoey Deutsch is so good in this

10. On episode 2 and this is pretty good and simple instant entertainment, which is what I needed.

Hoping there's not a lot more singing though.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

This is incredibly weird. I almost expect someone to turn out to be a robot or it’s all in someone’s head or something.

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m addicted to this weird fucking show.

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also the setup for season two is super interesting.

mike1885 likes this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously if you’re just eh on the show I think it’s worth pushing through to get to that last episode. I can’t remember the last time I saw a show take such a strong (and welcome) left turn.

15. phaynes12

i really don’t get the negative reviews. loving it through episode 6.

TJ Wells likes this.
  16. phaynes12

wow. the final episode is wild. ben platt is so good in this. i didn't love the ricardo/nana plot, but this was much better than i anticipated

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The first ten minutes of the final episode are just transcendent television.

phaynes12 likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away

Just watched the pilot. Really enjoyed it actually. Excited to keep going!

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Second episode was way better. They managed to get into a consistent tone. I’m pretty interested now.

20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I watched this and was pretty hooked btw. I get the theme song stuck in my head often lol even though I guess it’s just a sufjan Stevens song

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

lol amazing

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

they mention The Avengers in Episode 5, maybe they forgot Gwyneth was in those movies like she did

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Infinity wanting to only eat macarons and go to Paris and go to the Ratatouille restaurant the one where the rat cooks is so iconic
    who cares if you can't get healthy snacks or an emotional support pig in the classroom
    Payton watching the Hinckley tape on loop to prepare for Assassins, and them doing Assassins as a high school play, is insane even for this show

EASheartsVinyl and supernovagirl like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m sorry, there’s an Assassins reference in this?! Boy I really need to stop procrastinating and finish it.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I knew the finale was called Vienna but I didn’t think they meant Billy Joel or that I’d get a Cold Spring Harbor reference on top of that performance. Amazing.