Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Pie Wars • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, May 26, 2019.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Just because cheesecake is a misnomer doesn’t mean it’s not a pie!! Is a carpet a car that you pet?

2. Randall Mentzos

Is a Komodo Dragon a dragon?
    What about a dragonfly?

coleslawed likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's not a cake or a pie!

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

It is 100% a pie. It is a dessert that consists of a pie crust and a filling.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Is a dragon a fly? No. It's a fucking dragonfly.
    Is a Komodo Dragon a dragon? No. It's a fucking problem and you should not be near them.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Randall Mentzos

Argue your way out of this one champ!

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

"Hey can I have a piece of pie?"
    "Sure."' *hands you a cheesecake because you savages think language doesn't fucking matter*

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG] \

coleslawed, EmmanuelSCastle and dylan like this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Even if it is technically a pie, it doesn't not make you ridiculous for insisting on calling it that.

A habanero pepper is a fruit. If I offered you a fruit smoothie and it was just habanero peppers you would, rightfully, be pissed off. Because language.

But even then that's a bad example because I can't think of a situation where you would just call a cheesecake a general pie. It's like the hot dog sandwich bullshit. You would never interchangeably call it a sandwich because the meaning isn't accurately conveyed. You would always specify cheesecake/hot dog therefore the attempt to broadly classify it fails.

10. Dog with a Blog

It’s cheesecake. Kinda like how Cheetos aren’t chips. They’re Cheetos

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

Right. If someone offered you a slice of pie and came out with some cheesecake you’d probably be confused. And I love cheesecake but if I’m craving pie, that ain’t it

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Also, if you're using pie crust you need to step your fucking cheesecake game up.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Randall Mentzos

Good argument I’d never call cheetos chips that is sacrilege

14. Randall Mentzos

Cheesecake is always better than pie so I can’t get behind this one darling

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

Don’t call me darling

16. Dog with a Blog

This the true pie war

17. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Anyone sitting on the sidelines backing a single vote pie is a coward. @bachna84 @SlappinCups

There are legitimate candidates here.

angrycandy, dylan and bachna84 like this.
  18. Randall Mentzos

The habanero / fruit thing is a wild exaggeration because there are vast differences in fruit flavor profiles.

And even still in that case, scientists DO insist we call tomatoes, for example, fruits and not vegetables, even though they more clearly pair with the latter and are associated with vegetable salads / savory vegetable sauces.

Now let’s go back to pie, and how much you’re blowing the difference between pie and cheesecake out of proportion.

Because honestly, Cheesecake is very close to Pumpkin Pie, Banana Cream Pie, and Key Lime Pie, all are sweet, cold custards served on crust... and NONE of those “pies” resemble other pies like Apple or Blueberry Pie, which are hot, use chunks of fruit and have enclosed crusts.

So what are you really saying? That the word “pie” itself is misleading? All of those things are pies you nerd.

oncenowagain likes this.
  19. Randall Mentzos

Short version: if a tomato is a fruit then a cheesecake is a pie. That directly means that how it’s made matters more than flavor profile when you classify food.

20. Randall Mentzos

Yes a hot dog is a sandwich we just don’t call it one. Whether or not we call something by it’s most basic name is more arbitrary than you seem to suggest.

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

But it IS a fruit. So according to your anarchisitic logic I can call a tomato/habanero smoothie a fruit smoothie because it IS fruit and it IS a smoothie.

I already said what I am saying haha. It's a cheesecake. It's literally it's own type of dessert.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh i assure you no one thinks this is more arbitrary than I do.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

24. Randall Mentzos

You can’t just un-classify something just because they don’t go together. That would be the same as me saying Key Lime isn’t a pie becuase it is nothing at all like other fruit pies.

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

A cheesecake is a cheesecake. It is it's own thing. If we are going off of the culinary general definition then it is a tart. Which is not a fucking pie.

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.