Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Pet Thread • Page 61

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Korea is absolutely WILD with their dogs... I saw a dog dressed up and in the biggest stroller I've seen yet on the train today, and then another small dog in a purse next to it. The reactions by travelers were so good when they noticed the big doggo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get home to my dog (and family) next week... can't wait for pug snuggles again.

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

IMG_20221103_132333.jpg
    Too cute

EDIT

Ah, I may have already shared this in the cats thread haha

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My mom went on a cruise and brought back some Honduran chocolate bars and left them on the dining room table unbeknownst to us and my fucking dog jumped up and ate about half of one. Luckily he didn’t grab one of the dark chocolate ones but even the milk chocolate ones are 44% cocoa which is, as I understand it, pretty strong as far as milk chocolate goes. He’s 32ish pounds and ate about 1.4 ounces.

If any vets here have any insight it’d be appreciated @disambigujason

billyboatman likes this.
  4. Jolllle Nov 16, 2022
    (Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2022)
    Jolllle

Sooooo cute!
    I have 2 dogs and a cat. To be honest, I can't imagine my life without pets. These cuties always make my mood. So I have a question for pet owners, where do you buy pet toys and other stuff? I checked chewy reviews https://chewy.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html but not sure this option is for me. Share your fav stores.

5. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

BDAB623F-25C7-49E7-88B0-F714D928F330.jpeg BAD7ACE9-0D61-4CC9-AC9A-A9F9EB858CFF.jpeg DC23388D-96CC-42AB-BE48-0D385DA59EF9.jpeg

I love Margo

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

sorry this is so late but potential toxicities like this, especially chocolate, have readily available calculators online:
    Calculators: Chocolate Toxicity Calculator - Merck Veterinary Manual
    if it’s actually regular ol milk chocolate, seems like it should be ok tho obvi your mileage may vary. Hope pup is ok!

7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This little guy turned 2 today

7C183433-E849-4F6D-9CBF-809181347C7C.jpeg 21CC189E-C0B3-401D-A417-7F33AC9B1D77.jpeg CD23B6BC-76A6-4F5F-8579-45AE9B8DD59C.jpeg 2F9DC1FF-E52E-4FD3-B36F-C04269ED5000.jpeg

8. marissalg

Trusted

caught trying to put a mouse down a drain!!!
    A2B50C82-0B80-4E33-9A3B-E712F0CE662A.jpeg

9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

RIP Noodles. Had to hug my pug hard when I got home from being away from him over the last three days upon hearing that news.

10. stvvvn Jan 6, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 6, 2023)
    Anyone have experience with Phenobarbital? My boy has been having seizures so I’ve had him on a “natural remedies” after reading up on the side effects of phenobarbital. The natural have calmed them down but he still has them from time to time.

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Assuming you have a dog, most dogs do very well on phenobarbital. Can have side effects, and can need dosing adjustment over time, but it’s a historically safe and effective first line med. if you’re worried about it, there are a couple other popular options that appear similarly safe and may have less side effects but they’re newer/less data.

stvvvn likes this.
  12. JoshIsMediocre

2E15FD43-C665-486F-82B2-6B9079A2984E.jpeg

Look at this ridiculous cat. Can’t believe this thing lives with us

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

129D5E32-E700-477C-9B9D-A08F41CBA0A9.jpeg

He likes my new Puerto Rico bucket hat

14. JoshIsMediocre

oncenowagain, Brent, bigmike and 3 others like this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

17. JoshIsMediocre

Good dog

Mary V and imthesheriff like this.
  18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Dude has hops!

Yesterday was the 12th anniversary of adopting our pug so had to recreate a photo of the day we got him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. imthegrimace

Damn you gotta wash that shirt!

GrantCloud, Mary V, bigmike and 4 others like this.
  20. Lmao

21. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

upload_2023-2-7_0-12-57.jpeg

My almost 1 year old son. I love him.

22. I also love him!!

billyboatman and imthesheriff like this.
  23. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Buster, my best and oldest buddy passed away last night. My kids have never known a life without him in it. I’m gonna miss him so much

here he is always finding the sunbeam

659F5EE3-68D1-44C1-BFD5-8BA86987233D.jpeg

24. imthegrimace

I’m so sorry, truly the worst thing. Hope you and your family are doing okay.

GrantCloud and oncenowagain like this.
  25. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I’m sorry for your loss