Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Pet Thread • Page 51

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Happy international dog day to my angel

14C88257-8738-4701-9C85-33EC691A6E5B.jpeg 091F33F7-725F-4855-A606-EEFCAE20F987.jpeg

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

6282E614-8DB8-4079-9452-6DAE6F043A56.jpeg

Got my baby boy a new thunder jacket for storms since thunder has been bugging him lately. Hopefully we don’t have to use it a lot but he sure does look snazzy in it!

RyanPm40, Mary V, stvvvn and 3 others like this.
  3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

It's getting close to time to put our dog down and I don't know when to make the call.

He's on 3 different painkillers every day, plus adequan twice a week, for arthritis/ pain and is still struggling. Plus his appetite is starting to go, we have to give him an appetite stimulant a few times a week.

It doesn't feel like quite the time yet, but I feel like it could be any day now.

4. Elder Lightning likes this.
  5. Elder Lightning

Thanks @Mary V! I was sitting on the couch with him last night after I took him out before bed and he was cuddling with me extra hard and it just kind of hit me.

Mary V likes this.
  6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Elder Lightning likes this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

He does not like the cone.

EF9B2604-BE15-4775-8CB1-B8AB560FBF62.jpeg

stvvvn, Cameron, bigmike and 6 others like this.
  8. Ken Oct 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 7, 2021)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I went through the last few pages of this thread in reverse and Sully was like that movie about that guy who grew up and was born

bigmike, Mary V and imthesheriff like this.
  9. imthegrimace

fun fact our second name choice was Benjamin Button.

Ken likes this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

that is a really fun fact

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. Elder Lightning

Ken and jkauf like this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm so sorry you have to go through that. It's a heart breaking decision for sure. I worry that I might have to make a similar call with my cat if her dialysis doesn't go well. She had a surgery last week and got kidney disease from an NSAID they gave her.

Heh we had to give up with our cat. Every time we were in bed she found some damn way to sneak out of it and we couldn't for the life of us figure out how to keep it on

Ken and Elder Lightning like this.
  13. imthegrimace

we got him a recovery suit and he seems to like that more.

A41AF9BB-DE6D-4D7E-B038-5701D609BE43.jpeg

kassie09, Ken, aoftbsten and 4 others like this.
  14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I had to say good-bye to the greatest cat in the world yesterday. It sucked and I miss him so much.

15. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

sorry to hear that :(

I’m absolutely amazed by the last pic! Is he just sitting on a blanket outside with no leash??? Insane knowing all the cats I do haha

When we had to say goodbye to my first dog two years ago it really hit me that he was 13 years old and had basically been around / in my life for almost all my life. Like, I had known him longer than almost all my friends and non-family relationships which is crazy to think about. I imagine since you had your cat for 16+ years you can probably say the same!

bigmike and Nathan like this.
  16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Hah God damnit. Rant coming

So in our apartment, the other day we found out this lady who owns a weiner dog thinks my 2 pitties are bad dogs (when her friend was over, her aussie wanted to say hi to my dogs and asked of mine are friendly, but we heard our neighbor say "no they're not blah blah)

And we were like woah! First off, my dogs are excellent with small and all well mannered dogs. Yes my 3yo, on leash, will bark back if he gets barked at or instigated...and no it's not good, but I know which dogs to keep him away from (on leash)... but besides the point, we've never interacted with her dog other than polite smiles and waves...and my dog had never barked or lunged at hers. No incidents ever with my dog. Super socialized. Dog parks, human parks, bars, breweries, woods etc.

Anyways. Not the reason I'm posting.

So

I take my dogs on an off leash apartment complex walk essentially every night at 3am. I work late and my wife works overnights. We do it cause of the heat during the day, but mostly cause my dog is super much better behaved off leash than on, and he enjoys it, I enjoy it. And it's always a pleasant walk. He listens to my commands and stays near me if a car is coming. I know people have an aversion to dogs being off leash but, it's 3am. I have legit never seen anyone outside ever

Until just now. 330am! Its about to pour. So to beat the rain me and my dog are sprinting baxk to our apartment and sure enough as we turn corner, it's neighbor with weiner who is afraid of my dogs! And sure enough, mostly cause of how surprised he was, he runs up to them (happy but still) and she freaks the fuck out. Neither dog barks, I'm able to call him back instantly, and nothing is really wrong but...ughhh. Definitely gonna get an email from apartment complex tomorrow.

I apologized obviously. Talked about how we do this walk every night, never see anyone, and how you don't have to worry, he would never hurt your dog. She "accepts apology" but... I'm getting an email. It could've been almost anyone else. Ughhh!

uuu likes this.
  17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

20210728_052325.jpg

The "I fucked up" look.

Attached Files:

18. imthegrimace

Sully had a great Halloween.

C7348665-C3EA-4BCC-9AB8-5F99579DBA42.jpeg

19. imthesheriff likes this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

20211104_110156.jpg
    Guess I'm not getting any work done this morning

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Been taking her on walks in her new wheelchair, which is much easier to get on her than the last one:
    B9F2F514-F223-4478-B94D-953A92973253.jpeg

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Went back and forth if I was gonna post this yet or not. Sigh.

Today we’re putting our girl down. She lost her feeling, and ability to use the bathroom on her own in feb. We took her home knowing it would be a lot of work, but we wanted to try for her. Unfortunately her qol has deteriorated to where she now urinates herself in between us already expressing her bladder three times a day. It’s just so much work to take care of her, and we have our second child coming.

We looked to see if there was a special needs dog rescue/sanctuary we could bring her to. Unfortunately a lot of these places don’t take surrenders anymore. Our only other option would be to put her in a no kill shelter, and hope someone takes her. Though we don’t want her to be taken, and then be put right back in due to the extreme responsibility of taking care of her. Me, and my wife are very upset.

We talked to a rescue worker with a lot of experience, and especially in Corgis. She said the best thing we can do for her is end her suffering. When we took her to UC Davis for her original injury they gave us the option to put her to sleep, but we refused. I like to think this whole experience was a extended hospice for her. We took her on walks everyday this week, and gave her much lovings.

Im going to unsubscribe from the thread for my own mental health. Love all your pets extra hard tonight for Penny . Love you all

23. I’m so sorry @Cameron. Sending love to you and your wife. Please remember that you’re making the kindest choice for Penny, you gave her a beautiful life :heart: take care and reach out any time

24. Elder Lightning

Not to inundate the thread with bad news, but we are putting this old guy down tomorrow.

He's on 4 different pain meds but still clearly in pain from his arthritis in multiple legs. He can't walk up or down stairs, can hardly sit, falls when standing, and has fallen down the stairs a few times the past week. He just sleeps all day, doesn't really get up, and sometimes goes a couple days without eating even after an appetite stimulant.

I know ultimately it's the best decision, but it still sucks and I can't believe after tomorrow afternoon he won't be here anymore.

Rest in power, Boby!

BEAD5613-E202-4D76-AD41-53C5331E6CF3.jpeg

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Elder Lightning and imthesheriff like this.