Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Pet Thread • Page 49

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Mar 8, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

He doesn’t need a groom. He’s perfect.

stvvvn likes this.
  2. -deleted-

-

874CCEA4-9332-4254-A8B0-567C46DFB19F.jpeg

What a gal :hearteyes:

Ken, Fletchaaa, angrycandy and 4 others like this.
  3. imthegrimace

Rule breaker

4A233730-4614-4AFD-8BCF-62A3C317C894.jpeg

Ken, Brent, Fletchaaa and 7 others like this.
  4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

47A9A9B9-4BF8-466B-BEFD-5A70D11A978B.jpeg

A couple of my other buddies

Ken, Fletchaaa, Mary V and 7 others like this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

So cute.

We were in NYC over the weekend and there's just so. many. dogs. there. Every two seconds my 3 year old "daddy, doggy! two doggies! awwwww" :crylaugh:

Mary V and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  6. -deleted- May 17, 2021
    (Last edited: May 17, 2021)
    -deleted-

-

New York definitely has a nice dog scene, but I’m finding Denver is the most dog-centric major city I’ve ever been in. Dogs everywhere. I’ve seen at least one new breed a month since I moved here. Almost everyone I‘ve met has one.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

4AD78D98-CB92-4EAD-8308-192B8B0B0EC1.jpeg

It’s too hot out.

Ken, Brent, imthesheriff and 6 others like this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone ever have a dog with pneumonia? My boy had to be admitted to the hospital Sunday morning. He still isn’t eating, has an IV and oxygen, and is still very lethargic. They’re not allowing visitations and I’m just a fucking mess and won’t stop freaking out until I get some kind of good news.

imthesheriff likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m very sorry to hear that :tear:

jkauf likes this.
  10. Thinking of you and your dog - please reach out if there’s anything I can do to help

jkauf likes this.
  11. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Did you need an ear plug?

IMG_6729.jpeg

Ken, aoftbsten, imthesheriff and 2 others like this.
  12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Good news is that he’s doing much better and I got to bring him home today (I was hoping for yesterday since it was his birthday). Still rough seeing him in this condition and thinking back on it, especially since I now sense they were really worried at first. A couple weeks of recovery ahead, hopefully we just progress from here.

13. imthegrimace

He’s almost 60 pounds and still thinks he’s a puppy

8B575619-3CF4-4472-B497-8CA92ACE8BB5.jpeg

Ken, aoftbsten, bigmike and 4 others like this.
  14. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

aoftbsten, Brent, stvvvn and 2 others like this.
  16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Sammy turned 11 yesterday.

[​IMG]

stvvvn, ncarrab, Fletchaaa and 3 others like this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My dog loves carrots too. One of his favorite snacks.

Mary V likes this.
  18. ncarrab likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

sorry but long rant coming

Have any of your pets ever been attacked?

Tonight my wife and I took our two kids and the dog (pug) for a walk like we have a billion times in our neighborhood and a woman’s recently rescued bull mastiff attacked my dog. To the point I was sure he was dead. My wife and Kids were screaming in horror and the dog’s owner was just screaming “help, help!” The mastiff literally had its entire mouth on my dogs head and neck and my dog wasn’t moving or even making a noise. Just looked completely lifeless in the mastiff’s mouth. The mastiff was not playing, it was an attack. Somehow we got the mastiff off my dog, who was bleeding from his nose, mouth and neck but MIRACULOUSLY seems to be doing Ok. It happened tonight after the vet closed and our animal ER hospital just closed so I couldn’t take him anywhere. I’m going to call vet first thing in the morning but again, he seems to be acting just fine, other than some blood and cuts. My mom and mother in law both think my dog was surrendering and playing dead and by not trying to fight back, probably saved his own life.

My wife called the police to file a report. The woman didn’t have the dog on a leash or even contained anywhere. She lives on a corner house so even her backyard opens up to a sidewalk. Police asked us if we wanted to press charges and I just said I want her to either put up a fence or at least keep her dog on a leash because the next time, everyone may not be as lucky. The dog is clearly capable of mauling a child and/or killing another dog.

Just a terrifying moment in our life. As it was happening, all I kept thinking was that the kids are watching their dog get mauled to death and I’m gonna have to carry a dead dog home.

a lawyer lives on our street and came out of his house and was like “I saw the whole thing I can help you” and again, was just like - I want this woman to understand that the next time, this dog may kill someone.

Cameron likes this.
  20. imthegrimace

Jesus Christ. I hope your little dude is okay.

ncarrab likes this.
  21. That is terrifying. If your dog played dead and saved his life, that’s amazing. I hope you’re all holding up okay :heart:

ncarrab likes this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Thank you. I’ve been keeping a close eye on him the last few hours and he seems to be doing very well. I think at this point, luckily, it was a much more traumatizing experience for all the humans than it was for him. Especially for my young kids.

23. I believe it may be grounds for action to be taken from wherever she rescued the dog from. Doesn’t look like you want legal action, but a bull mastiff is a dangerous dog for someone to have no control over.

hope your pup makes a speedy recovery!

ncarrab likes this.
  24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

That is terrifying, so sorry you had to experience that @ncarrab! Kind of a similar tale (sorry, long)

I take my parents dog for a walk every day and there is a dog down the block from them that is Cujo in a golden retriever’s body. It just barks and growls at everything from blocks away constantly (why they don’t keep it in the backyard where it can’t see people and has more space I have no idea, they’re nice people but that dog is a fucking demon and I basically love ALL dogs and all animals but this one, no...) and it’s almost always leashed up and I think it has a shock collar / electric fence because the few times it does go off the grass into the road (no sidewalk in between) it stops pretty quickly and puts its head down like it’s fighting the shock and then goes back

anyway, a few weeks ago the guy is outside grilling and the dog is out and when we pass we walk in the middle of the road. So we’re passing and this dog comes barreling out into the road at us and stops right when it gets to us and my dog is shaking, standing still. Im standing between them and suddenly the dog lunges at my dog and somehow I reacted fast enough to kind of knee that fuck in the face/side of jaw to redirect him while my dog darted out of the way, but then I ended up getting, “nuzzled/hung on to” as the dog has my calf in his mouth and is growling but not really biting down? Idk maybe the dog held my leg because I just punted it in the head but the owner is doing nothing but standing by the fucking grill yelling the dogs name (clearly not helping after the 15th time don’t you think?)

once the dog let go and went back to the house the guy apologized and the wife came out and apologized and again the people are super nice and they have little kids who I assume the dog is good with so I don’t want them to lose their dog but fucking hell, get some brain cells and put that beast in the backyard and get it some training or something.

Back to the original story - I used to live in a corner and those are such busy areas (duh) that unless that was the first time that dog acted out idk how you could feel comfortable having an animal outside with no fence and no leash when people can come from so many directions.

Mary V and ncarrab like this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah on the Nextdoor app a lot of dog attacks have been happening in my area. I also used to be one of those dummies who would just go up to a dog even on a leash to pet it. Now I realize it’s always polite to ask the owner first.