Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Pet Thread • Page 47

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Mar 8, 2016.

1. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

waking season, Ken, Contender and 3 others like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

aoftbsten, bigmike, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

E6B565D3-5892-47CA-980E-C5178A7E9555.jpeg

Ken, bigmike, aoftbsten and 4 others like this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

New pup Sully
    A48E7545-7958-4320-B762-CEBD51E9FA7C.jpeg

Ken, aoftbsten, Mary V and 6 others like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

59B19C67-3F09-423D-ABF2-E0D44B25E30F.jpeg
    one more week til we get lil Ziggy

Mary V, bigmike, Cameron and 4 others like this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Damn serving up real sass

7. phaynes12

she's two months old and she's gonna kick my ass

Mary V and waking season like this.
  8. phaynes12

waking season, Mary V, stvvvn and 3 others like this.
  9. what harness do y’all use? my boy has never really needed one but he’s been pulling a lot more as of late.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My dog is always pulling and we tried a bunch of harnesses to fix it. We've been using the gentle leader headcollar and it seems to be working. He still pulls but not as intensely as he used to. We also tried the easy walk harness. It worked for a little bit, but I think he's such an extreme puller that the straps kept coming loose and it limited the effectiveness. It also chaffed him a little. I'd probably recommend the easy walk harness pulls a little but isn't an extreme puller and then if that doesn't work, try the head collar.

stvvvn likes this.
  11. phaynes12

i got a dogness one for zig

stvvvn likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Tried the gentle leader once, but idk our corgi’s snout is too slippery

13. imthegrimace

1C1AB33C-EC9B-47B6-95D4-485750A3E85B.jpeg

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

He already looks so big after just a few weeks :verysad:

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

yeah it’s making us sad lol

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Been a really rough couple of days. Our 4 year old corgi we left home one night when we went to our in laws. Came home, and she was acting very strange. Long story short she had multiple herniated discs. $6,000 later she has had an mri, and surgery to fix the discs. Though it looked all clear, but now she can’t feel her feet. They did another mri, and see a lot of inflammation around her spine. So they’re giving her medication to see if it helps with the swelling, and maybe she’ll recover feeling. It’s a waiting game now. If it turns out she can’t walk on her backlegs again idk what we’re gonna do. The doctor said realistically it’s going to be very hard. We would need to always have a catheter on her because she can’t urinate on her own. I’m just hoping to God her feeling comes back. Again she’s 4. We’re just absolutely devastated. Fucking sucks.

bigmike and scottlechowicz like this.
  17. imthegrimace

I’m so sorry that’s terrible. I’m hoping she regains feeling.

Cameron and Fletchaaa like this.
  18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit @Cameron I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, nor your pup.

Mary V, Cameron and Fletchaaa like this.
  19. Fletchaaa and Cameron like this.
  20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Thoughts with you and your pup, hopefully she gets well soon.

Cameron and Fletchaaa like this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That's awful. Pulling for your pup.

Cameron likes this.
  22. How’s your pup doing, @Cameron? :heart: I hope you don’t mind me asking

Cameron likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

No it’s ok. I appreciate all well wishes. No feeling still in her feet, but we’re on day 10 now out of 14. I’ve read, and the doctors have said if feeling were to come back it would be between day 10-16. Good news is she’s doing great otherwise. She’s eating/drinking, and overall very comfortable whereas she was apparently very anxious at first. We got to see her the other day, and are going back tonight,tomorrow, and Sunday.

Some good news is that they took her catheter out yesterday for the first time, and she was able to void her bladder twice. Which is great because the main reason her quality of life would be hard if her feeling doesn’t return is we would have to manually express her bladder. Which leads to other issues, and complications. Plus it’s also just hard on the owners they say to be doing this every 6-8 hours, and you don’t ever fully empty the bladder.

So yeah we’re still hopeful she’ll regain feeling in her back feet. If she can void her bladder on her own we would be fine having her on wheels, and in a diaper. Thank you again for asking :)

24. Hearing the good news is making me cry, please keep us updated! What a strong girl. :heart:

waking season and Cameron like this.
  25. was at REI the other day and picked up the Ruffwear harness they carry. the pulling has relaxed so far, and i no longer worry about possibly choking my dog lol