Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Pet Thread • Page 24

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Buster is a good boy

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. drewinseries

Drew

Sometimes!

Colby Searcy and Dog with a Blog like this.
  3. drewinseries

Drew

This is my other pup, Milo, a 4 year old pug/chi/terrier mix from Texas. Happy as hell dude. Hates snow, keels over like a baby if it's too cold. Loves everyone, and will lick you until you scream. Trying to have his personality rub off on Buster a little.

Image-1 (1).jpg

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I love my gerbil son I want to get him a bigger cage/possibly a tank and a friend soon

Colby Searcy and jordalsh like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Shortly after this pic he jumped out of my hands and I had to chase him around the living room for ten minutes

6. wow what a cutie. the gerbil is cool too

Colby Searcy and sophos34 like this.
  7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Did you have him shipped from Texas?

8. drewinseries

Drew

He was a surrender owner in Texas and fostered in Texas, but was taken in by a shelter in New England. We saw him in PetFinder, did the payment and paperwork etc, and picked him up off the truck in CT. Poor guy was traveling from Wednesday to Saturday. We picked him up in a big parking lot. Pretty cool moment seeing all the dogs going into their new home’s arms.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. oldboot

Regular

my god I love you, Slugger

Colby Searcy, Mary V and bigmike like this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

fuck fuck fuck I either accidentally left the front door of his cage open or he figured out the latch either way when I woke up this morning he was gone and I can't find him but I'm not giving up yet I'm just sad

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

good luck. I hope you find him and he's okay

Dog with a Blog and Colby Searcy like this.
  12. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

It might be hard to tell but its a struggle getting good shots of my dogs. They never stop moving! But here they are enjoying the snow right before Christmas:

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

He's under the fridge!!! Just laid out a trail to his cage now to just wait it out

14. jorbjorb

7 rings

what kind of dog is that? looks amazing.

15. Yasqueen4

Trusted

Look how much my cat hates me IMG_20180120_221231_746.jpg

16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

They're both long coat akitas!

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

The gerbil is back in his cage safe and sound! Big guy had a big day he's pooped!

18. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Be prepared for this to become the norm! I had plenty of small creatures as a kid and they escaped allll the time (even after stacking things on the lid). One hamster lived inside my brother's bed frame for about a month before we noticed shavings and other random things falling out the side.

supernovagirl and sophos34 like this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah if I can just contain him to the living room he's easy to catch but he made his way into the kitchen and it was a whole mess

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I forgot what animal you had and when I saw your comment about it I just assumed dog for some reason. and then I saw this comment and was like...wut. anyway glad you got him back haha

okay YES! I used to have mice and they were assholes about getting out. One got out even though there were like BOOKS on the lid and he was loose in my room/apartment for like...weeks. and then..one day...he showed up BACK in the cage. I have no idea how he did it and that's why I changed his name to houdini after that. Shortly thereafter, he killed the other mouse and ate it's brains and I was like ok I can't do this anymore. (I was 17 and so pure, this traumatized me)

sophos34 likes this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

little rodent pets are little shit heads but so adorable and sweet. when I had rats as a kid they never got out but I had them in an aquarium, I'm gonna move my gerbil to one when I can afford one

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

also yeah I was reading if you have pairs and one gets out for an extended period you have to slowly reintroduce them as though they're strangers. my little guy is a loner right now but I'm gonna try introducing a friend via split cage method in a few weeks when I get more money

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. This face:

F5337BC5-48FB-4F27-BB9A-343C9945F745.jpeg

25. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

that's what I had my mice in!! with stuff on the top, and they still got out!

oh, I had no idea. I was so young and also just an asshole and not a very good person and didn't care at all and went through a lot of mice pets because I would buy the feeder mice and they would die so quickly. the mice I'm speaking about escaping were actual real mice though not just feeder mice.

sophos34 likes this.