Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Pet Thread • Page 17

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Mar 8, 2016.

1. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Six years ago today, I found my best friend. Love you so much, Zoey! :heart:

[​IMG]

2. CauseofDeath

With rotting ways comes destiny

My poor Louie is staying overnight at the hospital for pneumonia. :( He is pitiful.
    [​IMG]

Here's how he looks when he doesn't feel like complete shit. God, he's handsome.
    [​IMG]

3. 5Stories

Regular

My beautiful Paddy. 15 and love him to bits. He has the coolest boxing glove paws front and back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

This is my cat, and she likes to pose for pictures like the absolute royal she is.

[​IMG]

Keri, CauseofDeath, bigmike and 6 others like this.
  5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Awww make sure you update is on how he's doing. Sending best doggie wishes!

CauseofDeath likes this.
  6. CauseofDeath Apr 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 9, 2017)
    CauseofDeath

Update on my sweet Louie Lou, for anyone who cares to read:

Louie was hospitalized for two nights at a local, highly recommended veterinary hospital. Two nights, but they felt more like two months. I can't believe how much of a struggle it was for me to not have him here by my side. I've had Louie for almost four years and Tuesday night was the first that he wouldn't be sleeping in my bed with me. He's my own personal heater! Before his two night stay, we had taken him to a different hospital because he very suddenly became extremely lethargic, was coughing to the point of throwing up white phlegm every fifteen to twenty minutes, was sore all of his body, was refusing food, and was having muscle spasms. The vet we took him to, I found out later, has only been out of school for nine months. Wish I would have known that at the time. She miss diagnosed him but we didn't have a clue, only assumed she knew what she was doing. She told us he either had kennel cough or pneumonia. Mind you, she never took blood work or even gave him a full exam, and every issue we brought to her attention she had either "never heard of" or "wouldn't worry about it." Bitch, I'm paying you money to worry about my damn dog. Anyway, she prescribed an antibiotic and some medication that was supposed to boost his appetite that was not effective. He continued to decline. Four nights later, we had taken him back to the same hospital, hoping she wouldn't be there and we could get a different doctor. Unfortunately, we found out that she's their only night doctor. Within four days, my dog had lost over 5lbs but she told us not to worry about it, for whatever fucking reason. I guess she was retarded. Seems like pretty rapid weight loss for a dog, if you ask me. She changed his prescription and gave him a shot of B12 and sent us on our way. Never did a full exam or blood work this time either; only x-rays that came back "clear". Two nights went past, Louie was deteriorating. I decided to take him to a different hospital that a friend referred to me, because I knew there was something more going on with my dog than kennel cough or pneumonia. He wouldn't go outside to use the bathroom. He would stand over his water bowl with his head hanging low and just stare off into space. As soon as the doctor came in, she knew something wasn't right. Guess what her first suggestion was? A fucking full exam and blood work. Go figure. They even did x-rays which came back totally abnormal. They said his lungs were very gray. They hooked him up to IVs because he was dehydrating and wasn't getting any nutrients. Turns out, they diagnosed him with fucking meningitis. Had it not been treated sooner, I could have lost my dog. For the next 2+ months, my dog will be taking steroids. He is also on antibiotics, pain medication, anti-inflammatory medication, and an appetite stimulant. We are taking 5+ pills a day and we're on a diet of chicken, rice, and ground turkey to encourage his eating. I had to make a damn chart for all of his medication so I would make sure not to forget. To make a long story short, I wrote a very long, detailed letter to the original hospital's director/owner. I will never recommend that hospital to anyone and Louie will never return. I am so grateful for the clinic my friend referred me to because I am finally starting to get my dog back.

[​IMG][​IMG]

kassie09 and Cameron like this.
  7. 5Stories

Regular

That sounds awful, surely even a vet straight out of college should know the basics?! I'm glad he seems to be on the mend, all the best to the big guy.

CauseofDeath likes this.
  8. CauseofDeath

Dude, I have no clue what was wrong with her. I hope the owner brings it to her attention though because that was a terrible experience and quite frankly, a waste of $750.

5Stories likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah good thing you wrote a letter. I would be interested if the director responds.

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Um, I would file a civil suit against her. That's terrible, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I would blast her on social media and reviews to make sure no one else has to deal with her and she has to forfeit her shitty career.

11. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Nothing better than cleaning out the kittytoilet and enjoying that odious ammonia smell

Colby Searcy and nl5011 like this.
  12. kassie09

Regular

I'm glad lou is getting the attention he needs and went to a vet who knows what they're talking about. I can't believe someone wouldn't get blood work or an x ray with a dog not eating and acting like that. I'd honestly want to punch someone that didn't take care of my dog, honestly I don't know how you're not going into that vets office asking to speak to her and telling her what an idiot she is. I definitely would and also trash her name all over social media and yelp etc. what a piece of trash.

CauseofDeath likes this.
  13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

upload_2017-5-13_15-49-31.png

14. jorbjorb

7 rings

[​IMG]
    my Dog just turned 15 and is still very active. I'm hoping for another 5 years. love this dude.

dylan, 5Stories, Ken and 3 others like this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Facebook reminded me of this gem of Maria from a year ago today:
    IMG_7057.JPG

This is her this morning. Best cuddles on the market.
    IMG_7039.JPG

18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Here's my pup Bear (2 years old), he's the most unique Akita I've ever seen. He's a long coat and has floppy ears and loves stealing my socks

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Omg he's absolutely adorable.

mattav152 and Ken like this.
  20. Adopted a new friend on Saturday.

Garrett L., ChiliTacos, dylan and 7 others like this.
  21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

He has a nice buzz cut

jordalsh likes this.
  22. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

@jordalsh I am happy this animal found a new home.

Dirty Sanchez and jordalsh like this.
  23. My boy is 8 months old now! They grow so fast.

mad, dylan, jordalsh and 2 others like this.

24. we're working on pup-cat relationship

take 1:
    DDkN9rLWAAADV8B.jpg-large-2.jpeg

take 2: things start to disintegrate
    19656967_10213359021990917_2067756635959908850_n.jpg

mad, dylan, MegT585 and 3 others like this.
  25. MegT585

Trusted

image1.JPG

I got an 8 week old Boston Terrier puppy this weekend. His name is Benny. I already love him more than anything.

Garrett L., mad, Colby Searcy and 9 others like this.