Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Pet Thread • Page 14

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Petsmart has a deal where if you order stuff for in store pickup you get 10% off. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

At the pet emergency room in town. The one day she gets really sick is Xmas so of course my normal hospital isn't open. This is going to cost me a fortune. I'm really worried about her though I couldn't wait. They tested her for parvo, and it's negative. She's been vomiting the last 12 hours, and hasn't peed. She keeps skweeling/sighing. They're thinking it's something she ate...keep Penelope in your thoughts please.

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Please pray for my puppy. She's had a uti for the 2 weeks we've had her, and now it turns out she's had a stone forming since then. We've had her on medication, but it turns out this stone is now lodged in her urethra. They need to get it out before her bladder erupts. They're going to sedate her, and attempt to remove it without puncturing it. This could be the last night we have her. I'm absolutely a mess right now. Fuck.

4. I'm thinking of you. I'm a message away if you need a friend right now. :heart:

Cameron likes this.
  5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

All the best, I can't imagine how scary that is

Cameron likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

They removed it without puncturing her bladder!!!! All is well. They said it's extremely rare that a puppy this young could form a stone this big, and they're still not sure exactly how it formed. They're gonna send it to a lab for analysis. The doctor said most of the time a stone similar to this is formed in older male dogs or cats. They're still baffled how a female this young had it. Thanks for the posi vibes guys I really appreciate.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yayyyy

8. Kiana Dec 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 26, 2016)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Is someone in here more knowledgeable than me about dogs?? My rm's dogs are having separation anxiety I think? Well we suspect it's just one but we don't know which one it is. Anytime both of us are gone one of them goes to the bathroom everywhere inside. I know she takes them out regularly, and it's only if we're both gone or they think we're gone. If I'm really quiet in my room and don't make my presence known to them they'll do it, but if they know I'm home they won't. It is almost a daily thing and neither of us knows what to do.

I read an article that says to get something like a Kong toy and stuff it with food and give it to them before we leave the house each day so they associate the separation with positivity. I think I'll try that first.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Are they a puppy? Or an older dog?

Edit: oh there's multiple?

10. Kiana

yeah it's two dogs. They're not puppies. One is about 5 or 6 and the other is a lil younger tho I'm not sure how old. We're not sure which one is doing it since they only do it when we're not home. She and the dogs were basically living with her bf for nearly a year and just recently moved back in to the house like 2 weeks ago so they've had to adjust and I'm hoping it's just part of that?

11. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Are they crate trained? If you have always made the crate seem as a comfortable and safe place then it's a good place for them to be while you're out.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah that's what we're doing right now with our dog, and it for the most part works. She rarely pees in her crate anymore cuz she likes going in there. The trick is reward them when they go in on their own, or leave it open even when you guys are home to show them they can come and go as they please.

13. Kiana

We don't have a crate. They're pretty big dogs. I don't think we'd have any room for that. They have a large dog kennel outside but since it's so cold we haven't been using it. It's frustrating cause they're potty trained and they haven't always done it. Like she will take them out and they'll go, and once they didn't realize I was home and went all over an hour later. Then she went home on her lunch break to clean it up and let them out again, and by the time I came home from work they'd done it again. I was wondering if it had medical issues but since it's only when we're not home or they think we're not they seem in control of it. Today I was home and they did fine even tho I didn't take them out. She took them out before she left and after she got home and they were fine. Idkkkkk. I'm off for winter break so I've been home but I'm worried how it'll get when I go back to work and we're both gone again.

14. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

That's sort of understandable. I've got two big dogs as well and when we lived in an apartment literally half a bedroom was just their two crates side by side.

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

IMG_3441.JPG

He just got fixed today. Pretty wiped out.

16. Dog with a Blog

Wocky Wow and Teddy

Attached Files:

17. My dog has quickly become my best friend. What a cutie :heart:

18. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

My dogs are my only friends

trevorshmevor and ChiliTacos like this.
  19. prettyvisitors

Doggo or pupper?

20. crazy nate

Harumph

Last night I spent a solid ten minutes cleaning all around my dog's asshole because he got in the garbage, and got the shits. Said shit subsequently clumped in his fur like shitment.

If that isn't love, nothing is.

trevorshmevor and ChiliTacos like this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

True owner right thurrr

crazy nate likes this.
  22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

My dog just started bleeding from his penis.

23. crazy nate

Harumph

Call the vet.

24. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

He's going when it opens in 30 minutes.

25. crazy nate

Harumph

I hope dude is ok.