Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Peace and the Panic Tour 2018 - Neck Deep, Seaway, Speak Low If You Speak Love and Creeper Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 7, 2017.

1. rbarlyo

wawa defender

Would this be a no for these bands, then?

2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Off of that list Have Mercy is the only band they've toured with in the US.

3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, that's what I was implying

Warped doesn't count as "touring with" does it?

(And it can't be ROAM, they're doing Australia with Knuckle Puck in January)

rbarlyo likes this.
  4. Blink182Bouncer Oct 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 3, 2017)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Let's rank potential

HOPELESS:
    -Bayside: 2/5 (Unlikely, not much fan crossover)
    -Between You And Me: 4/5 (New up and coming pop punk band)
    -Circa Survive: 1/5 (Weird Genre mesh, they're already toruing even bigger venues in Winter)
    -Dryjacket: 3/5
    -Emarosa: 1/5 (Different genre 100%)
    -Hands Like Houses: 1/5 (Both Hopeless and Warped)
    -Have Mercy: 2/5 (Already Touring US massively)
    -Moose Blood: 0/5 (Already Deconfirmed)
    -Hundredth: 1/5 (Just... No)
    -New Found Glory: 0/5 (Too Big, Already Touring)
    -ROAM: 0/5 (Already Touring)
    -Somos: 1/5 (Never heard of them, different genre)
    -Story Untold: 3/5 (New band, started by popular youtuber, but already touring US a lot)
    -Super Whatevr: 2/5 (Idk, once again, doubt a lot of Neck Deep fans would mesh with these guys)
    -Sylar: 1/5 (Too Heavy)
    -Sum 41: 0/5 (Too big)
    -Taking Back Sunday: 0/5 (Too Big)
    -Tonight Alive: 1/5 (Too big, rumored tour with Silverstein)
    -Trash Boat: 4/5 (Haven't been in US for a while, hella popular)
    -Trophy Eyes: 1/5 (Both on Hopeless and Warped, already doing fall headliner)
    -Dangerous Summer: 3/5 (Too big? I don't really know much about these guys either)
    -The Used: 1/5 (Too Big)
    -With Confidence: 3/5 (Massively popular in AUS and UK, but are just starting a US run with Knuckle Puck)
    -The Wonder Years: 0/5 (Too big, Soupy prolly doesn't wanna be associated with a band that previously had a sexual misconduct scandal)
    -Young And Heartless: 2/5 (Not a lot of fan overlap, but I'd like to see it)

(I probably forgot a few bands, but those are the main contenders)

5. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

WARPED: (Excluding super heavy bands, old bandas, rappers, and bands that only played single dates)

-American Authors: 1/5 (Pretty Obvious)
    -Andy Black: 0/5 (On tour with BVB for exact same time frame)
    -Ataris: 1/5 (Too old, not really functional anymore)
    -Attilla: 2/5 (Idk why they'd wanna be on this bill, but it'd probably attract the same scene demographic)
    -Boston Manor: 3/5 (Touring this fall, but they're obviously getting super big rn)
    -Carousel Kings: 4/5 (Haven't played the US in a while, they're really good, but maybe too small)
    -Courage My Love: 3/5 (I'd like to see them, but they're probabky going to want to do some more international touring at that point)
    -Creeper: 5/5 (I think it's safe to say they're pretty much a lock. Management made them drop off the Silverstein tour, and then they hintend they'd "be back soon" to Canada and the US so this has to be the tour they took instead)
    -Dance Gavin Dance: 2/5 (Lol, I wish. They're teasing a tour for this timeframe, but they're probably too big and totally out of left field)
    -Falling In Reverse: 1/5 (Too big. At least I hope)
    -The Gospel Youth: 4/5 (They're getting a lot of attention rn)
    -Hands Like Houses: 0/5 (Both on Warped and Hopeless)
    -I Prevail: 2/5 (This would be sick, but they're probably too big, and haven't been overseas in a long time)
    -Jule Vera: 3/5 (Stylistically different, but I could see it)
    -Microwave: 2/5 (I don't think they'd really fit in)
    -Movements: 3/5 (Same reasons as WithCon)
    -Never Shout Never: 1/5 (Just doesn't make sense)
    -New Years Day: 1/5 (Just no)
    -Our Last Nighr: 2/5
    -Silverstein: 1/5 (Already confirmed they won't be back in Minnesota for a while, maybe too heavy)
    -Too Close To Touch: 2/5 (They've been tour the U.S. A LOT)
    -Trophy Eyes: 1/5 (Already mentioned)
    -The White Noise: 3/5 (I can see it, but maybe they're too heavy)

6. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

So this narrows us down to
    -Between You And Me
    -Dryjacket
    -Story Untold
    -Trash Boat
    -WithCon
    and
    -Carousel Kings
    -Courage My Love
    -Creeper
    -The Gospel Youth
    -Movements
    -Jule Vera
    -The White Noise

As serious possibilities

7. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

So just going off of your list chances that each band will be on:
    Neck Deep
    Creeper
    Trash Boat
    SLIYSL

8. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I'll say Creeper and With Confidence.

maryp1603, rbarlyo and lindsaylove081 like this.
  9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Bands Neck Deep have toured with before that fit the current criteria (No matter how unlikely)
    -I Prevail
    -Creeper

Aaannnndddfd that's it

10. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I will be massively disappointed if I Prevail is on this. Plus they're about the same size now. At least they're both hitting about the same venues on their respective headliners (I Prevail hit up the same place in my area at least, I know that).

11. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I Prevail is playing a venue 2-3 times as big in my town so I doubt it

12. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I can't imagine the lineup being something like ND, With Con / Trash Boat, Creeper, Speak Low. Support just doesn't pull enough to help fill up the size of some of these rooms, and Neck Deep being able to fill them on their own is questionable.

13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

True, but I can't see them bringing out State Champs or Knuckle Puck either

14. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Oh for sure, you can only tour with the same two or three bands so many times before it gets old LOL.

Would love to even see Have Mercy in that direct spot. Out of all the potential options, I think they'd have the biggest draw and would really help bring kids in.

15. darkstorms139

Regular

Are Have Mercy even that big to be direct support? They were direct on that Real Friends tour and I feel like that tour didn't fill up that much each night (those venues were smaller too compared to the ones on this).

16. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

With the EU/UK tour being ND/Real Friends/As It Is/Blood Youth I was expecting something similar in terms of size of the bands but so far these possible lineups are a little underwhelming. Not that I don't like Creeper, Trash Boat, or With Con, I was just expecting someone like Moose Blood or Real Friends that could really play that big support band role that would considerably help fill the venues.

17. darkstorms139

Regular

I was thinking the same, Four Year Strong was my immediate thought at first of who could be the direct support band. But ND must really be relying on themselves to fill up these rooms on their own if these rumors are true.

18. Morgan

Morgan

What if a band that's on the tour, is already half on the tour ?

19. emlantzy

Regular

20. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Who's doing Sam Carter's part on Don't Wait? Ben doesn't seem like he'd be able to scream and especially not like Sam.

21. Keep in mind, the Tour Rumors account has been wrong about supports before. I could see someone like Moose Blood or Four Year Strong as direct and someone like With Confidence as mid tier support. What I would LOVE to see is WSTR finally come over here, but they might be holding out for Warped '18.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  22. I hope not, this is very close to perfect. I wish they'd ditch A Part of Me and/or Head to the Ground for another older full band track (even if it was something like Losing Teeth).

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  23. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Yes but they've had a number of things accurate before as well. 9/10 times they're accurate.

24. btr

Trusted Supporter

The tour rumors twitter account just gets their information from our Tours Prediction and Speculation thread, anyways...

25. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I've taken a number of rumors from their account and posted them too. Soo... I mean does it really matter where people get their tour announcements/rumors from? Plus they aren't getting paid.