Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Path (Hulu) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Night Channels, Mar 30, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

@Nyquist do you think Steve is really alive? Or do you think he may have been hallucinating?

2. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I think he's really alive, yeah. I'm not sure what the hell is actually going on with Steve based on what Cal has told everyone. I'm not sure if Cal and Steve are on the same page or not. It seems possible Steve knows, obviously, that what he's created is a lie and wants out. Maybe he's made an agreement with Cal, maybe not. Steve is the biggest mystery to me at the moment. I'm looking forward to his interactions with Eddie next season. He has a reckoning coming for leading Eddie down the path in the first place.

3. airik625

I'm not so sure if Cal knew or not. He acted very surprised when Silas informed him. Maybe he was just surprised that someone else knew though.

4. Nyquist

That's true. It seems like Steve potentially has his own motive then. I'm also really anticipating Sarah's meteoric rise in the movement while she simultaneously attempts to destroy Cal. I don't think he knows quite what he's done.

5. airik625

I'm hoping you're right that Sarah will continue on her path to find out the truth about what happened to Silas. She is definitely skeptical of Cal now. It used to bother me that she could never resist him or say no, so it was good to see her assert herself at the end of the finale.

6. Nyquist

Agreed. It was certainly interesting to see her and Eddie trade places in that she has begun doubting Cal and his version of the movement while Eddie has begun his journey into his own spirituality and what it means to him personally. I hope they continue digging into that next season.

airik625 likes this.
  7. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm just now getting to watch finale. Not to harp on it too much but when Eddie and Sarah were talking to the kids about him leaving she said he would be staying at a hotel in town. So now I'm positive their house is on the compound.

9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I can do without Sarah. She literally made me cringe in every scene she was in during the last few episodes.

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Still slowly working through this. At any point, do we get a ballpark estimate for number of people within the Meyerism movement? Or is there like a real-world ~equivalent that I can use as a reference point?

11. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think it ever says but it's not contained to Upstate NY. There were branches in San Francisco and somewhere in the Midwest that were specifically mentioned.

12. Cody

Yeah, it was hearing the references to the Midwest branch in ep. 3 that made me curious. Maybe season 2 will have some sort of backstory exposition.

13. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

I'm pretty sure they say around 6k, spread throughout the country, and probably some stragglers hangin around Silas in Peru.

14. Cody

I fucking adore how impartial this show is. Shows both the good and bad sides of both being in something like Meyerism, and also the pros and cons of how it may look from the outside. Getting Abe involved with the group is making this show take a real jump up in quality and meaning. Can't wait to get to the last few episodes.

Nyquist and irthesteve like this.
  15. Cody

Episode 6 is really fucking kicking this shit into high gear. My lord. Aaron Paul and Hugh Dancy are on another level this episode. Cal is fucking sinister as hell.

irthesteve and Nyquist like this.
  16. Cody

Oh my god, this show. Eddie and Sarah's family is so doomed, and seeing the way Eddie and Hawk are bonding right now on the boardwalk makes that all the worse.

Not to mention the fact that an alternate title for this show is "Let's see how much we can emotionally torture this damaged woman named Mary." Ugh.

These last three episodes are going to destroy me.

17. Cody

This show is fucking breaking me, I feel so manipulated, it's just a narrative full of puppet strings with various people tugging at them. I feel so fucking bad for EVERYONE. This show is not recommended for empaths, whatsoever.

Nyquist, irthesteve and airik625 like this.
  18. airik625

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

omg gimme season twoooo

20. airik625

Yeah I didn't even realize it was so close.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

So, what are the chances that a torrent pops up of that first episode after Sunday?

22. airik625

Well it's a screening, so I'm not confident.

23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

what the hell!?

well that was not a year long break, thank God

24. airik625

It doesn't start back until the first of the year. Still quite a wait.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I know they probably won't stream the episode, but anyone know if the panel discussion will be streamed? I know they usually stream the Paley Fest panels.