Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Path (Hulu) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Night Channels, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Okay, got it. So in that case, how can Eddie get in and out of the compound to have his little trysts with the defector. Seems to me, in a place like this, he'd be policed a lot more than just Sarah unluckily noticing he's left the house.

2. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm positive. I could explain why I'm sure but it would be kind of spoilery.

Cody Nelson likes this.
  3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll be vague...

When Eddie and Hawk are coming home from a walk they walk into the compound and go to their house where Sarah, her family, and other members of the community are there and happy to see them back.

4. dadbolt May 24, 2016
    (Last edited: May 24, 2016)
    dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Fuck it I'm triple posting

Regarding Eddie Being policed: he's a member of a family that has some serious clout in the movement. Cal had no reason to keep an eye on him until Eddie started acting strange.

Cody Nelson likes this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I was under the impression they lived off the compound. But I always always confused because I thought they lived with like 2-3 other families.

6. Cody

Okay, this is very clarifying as well. The second episode definitely solidified that Sarah is a higher-up, inner circle type, so I guess it checks out. Thanks!

dhayes likes this.
  7. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

No problem man, the housing thing is confusing the more I think about it. I'm going to stick with my answer but it does feel almost like a continuity mix up. If you're only two episodes in maybe you can clarify this mystery for us as you watch, haha.

8. Cody

It's confusing only from a cinematography standpoint. Like, based off their relationship to the movement, it's very clear they're the type of family to live 'on-campus,' haha. But if I remember correctly, in the first episode, we get a very idyllic tracking shot of some typical suburban block, get that initial dinner scene with Eddie/Sarah and everyone, and then cut to the compound, lot of gates and cabins, not home-y at all, then we meet the rest of the Meyerism group. You're definitely led to believe, at that early point in the series, that Eddie and Sarah don't live on the compound. Must've been an oversight, but I'll keep an eye out.

9. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

I'm almost 100% sure they do NOT live in the compound. Actually, no, I AM 100%. There's a scene in one of the later episodes that Sarah drives to the compound after being in her backyard.

s12sim and airik625 like this.
  10. airik625

Yeah there are a few scenes that seem to validate that.

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  11. Night Channels

Trusted

They live on the compound.

12. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

I politely disagree. There are particular scenes that point out the opposite and no scenes that 100% prove they do.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I have no clue where they live, but the finale drops today!!

s12sim and Joel like this.
  14. airik625

Ugh I cannot believe that's how they ended this season (series?)

I'll wait til everyone else watches before I start being up talking points.

15. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

It's been renewed for a second season so no worries there!

16. airik625

I hadn't heard anything so I wasn't sure.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Such a great first season, ugh I wish I didn't have to wait for more

18. airik625

Unless Cal got new furniture in his place, I can't see how everything from the couch to the floor wasn't absolutely soaked in blood from Silas. After it happened, I kept thinking someone is going to walk in and see all that blood. You can't hide that.

19. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I had a feeling they were going to go this route, but based on what Eddie has experienced and what we know about what happened with Alison's husband can we determine that the Light is actually real?

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I thought the finale was fine. Wrapped everything up nicely, but left enough intrigue for S2.

21. airik625

It sure looks like that's the direction they're headed.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was feeling that, and honestly it's pretty refreshing if so, kinda an awesome thing

23. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I really love that idea, if that is actually where they're going with it, but if that's the case I can't help but kinda feel bad for all the ex-evangelicals and ex-mormons on reddit that really empathized with the series.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think they're gonna give us a clear answer to that any time soon. Whether or not the light is real is kind of what the show is all about.

25. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I don't know that I agree the light is real. My interpretation of all this is certainly PTSD after years of indoctrination coupled with the idea that spirituality itself as an idea is real based on what you choose to believe. It is as Eddie says in the hospital after being asked "I thought you didn't believe?", "It can't hurt." Breaking free is very difficult when that world becomes all you know. I believe Eddie sees these things because of the trauma of being pulled from his beliefs and his family. What nags at him are the unresolved origins of his crisis of faith. Eddie knows inherently that the ladder is a lie because it is in fact fantasies. Richard is right about that much. If he doesn't come to understand why he can't believe and rectify his brother's death with his own crisis, it will destroy him. Loss of faith is devastatingly lonely.

airik625 likes this.