Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 92

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

There's gonna be so many activities!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So what’s the general rule for leaving babies to lay in their crib/pack n play if they awake from nap time but aren’t crying and are just chillin and looking around? Our 7 month old tends to take catnaps but I’m tempted to leave him in there for a few minutes while I get stuff done if he’s not crying

Kingjohn_654 and Cameron like this.
  3. I was fine with that as long as I could hear them through the monitor or whatever

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

What @popdisaster00 said. We had a monitor on his bed, and we could see him wrestling around with one of his toys. But if he wasn't crying, we'd let him hang out in there.

Kingjohn_654 and David87 like this.
  5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Update: the activities have been plentiful and it's all I wanted and more

Colby Searcy and Cameron like this.
  6. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

We moved both our kids out of our room pretty quick haha. Daughter was in our room for maaaaaaaaaaybe 2 weeks.

I'm ready to put them both in the same room now. Want my office back!

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My boy is about to turn 8 months (6 months adjusted age due to being 9.5 weeks premature) and I just started my parental leave last week. I'm thinking he makes the move from his pack n play in our bedroom to his crib in his room pretty soon lol. I can't sleep well when I hear each and every coo and everytime he rolls over or moves lol

But first we gotta get curtains and a curtain rod for his room. The blinds aren't enough from keeping it form getting too bright in the morning

8. aspeedomodel

Yeah, I sleep way too lightly that the baby in the room is just too much for me. My wife can sleep through a hurricane so she doesn't mind usually.

Kingjohn_654 and David87 like this.
  9. My son was in the bassinet in our room until he could turn over then he had to be moved to the crib

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Colby Searcy

I was a hard sleeper before kids. Now I'm still mostly a hard sleeper except when the baby is crying

Kingjohn_654 and aspeedomodel like this.
  11. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

A random update on my four month old's hair as of yesterday.

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

lol. Our kid was born with a full head of hair but once he started sleeping on his back and rolling over, he's rubbed a lot of the hair on the sides off so now he looks like he's rocking the hipster long on top short on sides

Kingjohn_654 and swboyd like this.
  13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

We expected something similar to happen with Liam, but his hair just keeps growing and not falling out. My wife apparently had just as much hair growing up so it isn't surprising to us, but I at least expected there to be some thinning patches based on where he laid his head.

We've been hesitant to cut his hair up until this point because he still is developing head and neck control, but we found a salon that takes kids as young as he is so we're planning on getting it cut at the end of the month...at least after crazy hair day at daycare on the 21st. My wife has plans for that apparently...

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

We had to start giving a buzz to our 14 month old. His hair is so thick, and grows like a mofo. It’s the Japanese in him.

swboyd and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

He’s had 3 haircuts now

swboyd and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  16. aspeedomodel

[​IMG]

Daughter's hair has been coming in loooooong in spots. Won't stay out of her eyes, we have to clip it back for as long as she'll let us haha.

17. Colby Searcy

I could combine all 3 of my kids hair and it still wouldn't be 1/2 as much as any of those ^

awwgereee and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  18. Brent Feb 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2020)
    Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Took the fam to Disney on Ice at TD tonight... always love their reactions.

[​IMG]

19. bones

#HEEL

Spent 34 years thinking I was rad. 16 months in and this dude is already cooler than I ever have been and ever will be.

[​IMG]

mad, Brent, Kingjohn_654 and 6 others like this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Those shoes are awesome. I felt the same way about my dude too. He's effortlessly cool.

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

22. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Not a parent, but I've worked in childcare for over 10 years, and I'm sometimes called "Mom", hope you'll allow me here.

Anyway, heard this gem today from one of kids I babysit
    6yro: dogs can lick their own privaseats (privates) but people cant lick their own because they cant reach them...

Kingjohn_654, Colby Searcy and Brent like this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

awwgereee and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I tried to post some photos my wife took of our son, but I can’t ever post anything taken off an iPhone X. It always says on here it’s too large of a file.

anyway things are going good for us. My wife’s a teacher so she’s at home with my son.

Colby Searcy and Kingjohn_654 like this.