Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 90

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Update: Just gas pressure pain. Sitting pretty over here for now. Wife is at a massage. Upside: car is packed!

Nate_Johnson, swboyd, Cameron and 3 others like this.
  2. Ok NOW may be the day! Will keep ya updated!

3. He’s here! No epidural needed. That was a tough one but mom and baby are good! Time for several naps!

4. [​IMG]

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

For those that had a vasectomy, and did the follow-up, how did that go? I have the cup at home, and they say to keep it body temperature. Did you put the cup in your underwear for transportation? And when you get to the lab, do you just hand over a cup of your splooge?

6. Haha, I think I made my deposit into the cup and brought it to the clinic in the same day. I had it in a paper bag and just dropped it off. They do the analysis and then mail a summary home, I think.

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the paperwork says you need to drop it off between 30-60 minutes after your deposit. That part isn't the issue, it's the transport and hand off that has me spooked. I'll do the paper bag for sure though.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  8. I guess I realized that like, this is just normal business for the clinic. They probably receive these every day haha. It's definitely weird carrying around a cup of splooge, though.

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

How long after drop off did you get the results? Did you just drop off, leave, and they call you back in a week or so?

10. I can't remember the exact time, but I do believe it was mailed to me. Probably took between 1-2 weeks.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can't remember if it was my first 'deposit' or second one, but when I went to deliver it, no one was in the office...like, the office door wouldn't even open. No receptionist or anything. They were supposed to open at 8 a.m. that day, and I got there at 8 a.m. sharp but it turns out my doctor - who had three different offices - had to go in one of his other office that morning so he wasn't opening the other one until later in the morning. I sat in the hallway for 15-20 minutes thinking what the hell I should do. Finally they called me back (I was in contact with them to let them know I was waiting to drop it off) and they're like "Find a bag, put the container in a bag and just tie it to the door handle"

So I had to go into the pharmacy, get a bag and leave my DNA on the door handle.

Also, I think they called me with the results both times on the same day. It doesn't take them long to test it.

Kingjohn_654 and David Parke like this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Haha, that sounds horrible!

I'm not really pressed on results, I had the procedure done a year ago, figured I probably should get it done and over with.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Did they not have you do the original 6 week one then an 8 week one? (Or whatever the original timelines were?)

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

To be honest, I don't remember. I know I had the procedure done, and they said I couldn't do it for 8 weeks. But I didn't think they said you had to do it in 8 weeks. It shouldn't matter though, right?

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I mean, if you're sexually active, the sooner you know it's working, the better, haha. Maybe the initial tests were 8 and 12 weeks (I can't remember) but as soon as I knew I had no sperm I was able to take advantage, if you catch my drift.

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not, which is exactly why I haven't done it!

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Gotcha. Both my samples came back clean initially. That was nearly two years ago now. The fact that my wife hasn't gotten pregnant again leads me to believe no sperm ever came back.

I'm not sure if you're ever supposed to get re-tested 5, 10, 15 years down the road. I've heard horror stories where your vas deferens can reconnect months or years later, but I'm assuming that is insanely rare.

18. 7am with a newborn my wife is trying to solve mysteries like “where are all of [our 4 year old’s] undershirts?” and I’m just trying to open my eyes and get him ready for school. I appreciate her super hero-ness but man... this is a 10am conversation

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My son had his first injury. We were at a Xmas party, and he grabbed a stocking, and the heavy af holder it hangs from fell right on his head. I felt so bad I couldn’t grab him in time. Had a big ol knot, and bruise :tear:

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Oh man I forgot about those days where any little bump turns into a huge knot

Cameron likes this.
  21. Watching Disney's once upon a Christmas on Disney+
    MVIMG_20191223_165719.jpg

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m watching Home Alone for the 7,000th time

23. [​IMG]

24. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Anyone have any non-antibiotic treatments for ear infections in a 7 month old? This is his second in two months and I really don’t want him to keep taking antibiotics.

25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anybody else get the pleasure of putting anything together tomorrow night?

Kingjohn_654 and awwgereee like this.