Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 88

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'll set a reminder

2. awwgereee

Does anyone in here have any recommendations on strollers for more than two kids? I know there are boards and seats for some strollers that connect on to hold a third kid, but I’ve been on the lookout for a stroller with multiple seats rather than add-ons (if that makes sense). It’s such a pain taking our kids places/going for a walk and having to deal with multiple strollers/carriers or chasing my three year old while also pushing two other kids

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

All I know is those strollers that house two kids, and are side by side ARE MASSIVE. They always look inconvenient. The ones that house two seats one in front of the other seem more practical

4. Colby Searcy

We have 2 double strollers. 1 sit and stand one and a front back double one. I can't imagine what a 3 kid one would be like

5. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

We hit 6 months the other day and it’s like a switch flipped and he won’t sleep. No idea what to do as he had been a champion sleeper up until now. Trying to let him cry it out but it’s hard and he’s persistent. Ugh.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. Colby Searcy

Sleep regression seems to be pretty common around that age

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yep. Mines 1 now, but around 8 months he had sleep regression

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  8. LightWithoutHeat

Finally got him down. Let’s see how long it lasts.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly, neither one of my kids ever slept consistently until they were 2+ and we got them their own beds. Once they got their own beds, they slept throughout the night no problems. But when they were in cribs, it was like 3 to 4 times a week where they'd sleep awful, have to come in our room, etc.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Tonight’s going to be the first time my wife is gone overnight since our sons birth. Gonna be interesting since my breasts don’t in fact produce milk, and I don’t know what I’m gonna do if he wakes up at night lol.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Drink lots of alcohol so you sleep right through your son crying at night!

12. The longest I've been home alone with my son is like 12 hours. But I've gone on business trips for like 5 days. Makes me feel bad lol.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. LightWithoutHeat

Turns out he has an ear infection which helps explain his sudden change in behavior at night. Poor little dude.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Did she not pump any and leave you some?

Also formula is always an option

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

He doesn’t take a bottle anymore :(

He did fine when my wife went back to work, but now that we’re both at work he just only drinks from her.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Anyone's kids have issues chewing their food fully? Wondering if it's just his lack of teeth but he will gag on food a lot.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. My son did that a lot while his teeth were still coming in. He’s 4 now and still has a tough time with cooked spinach and oranges - seems like anything too fibrous he’s just not into chewing.

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Little dude just turned 4 this month (Nov 8). People don't believe me when I tell them he JUST turned four. And I agree, he's huge.

Imgur Image

19. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I love his hair. And his whole style.

20. Colby Searcy

We definitely get this often too. Big kids for sure!

Love his head of hair. My kids barely have any

21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Okay, but how do you know they don't produce milk?

RJ Knorr, David Parke and bachna84 like this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hold on.....brb

bachna84 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

24. EarthShifts

Trusted

My wife went into labor 2 weeks early with our first child. Water broke on Sunday night at 10:40pm, got to the hospital at 11:40pm, and baby was less than 2 hours later at 1:31am.

It’s been a whirlwind to say the least. We got home yesterday and had to pivot all of our thanksgiving plans. I’m making a few things for us and we’re just chilling.

I am exhausted as expected. Definitely overwhelmed at times and terrified, but she is adorable.

25. Colby Searcy

Congrats! Enjoy it as much as you can!