Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 85

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Funny how it’s one of my favorite things to do now

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Don't know what it is about this 3rd kid but I just signed up the family to do a 5k next month for the first time ever.

awwgereee likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly, I keep expecting that to happen, that one night it's just going to click and it doesn't seem to be doing so. It's so weird, I've talked to people who say they were able to train their kids in one night and others who said it took months. The frustrating part is that I have no more advice to give him or tips or anything. Like, at this point it's just figuring out how to do it. I keep telling him the faster he goes, the easier it'll be but he's afraid to go fast, so he's pedaling really slow and of course he's having a hard time staying balanced because he's not moving fast enough.

My nephew - who is also 5 - has been riding his bike all summer with no training wheels. My son and him are obsessed with each other, and they live in our neighborhood - on a cul-de-sac - and my brother-in-law told me I should try and get my son to learn on the cul-de-sac because it's just one big open area, whereas the sidewalk may be intimidating because it's more of a 'track' that they see where they can't go too far left or too far right.

I may try to bring him over there and this way he'll see his cousin riding and maybe my brother-in-law can help. I don't know. I'm kind of out of ideas at this point.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Did you try though, before that?

Or did you ride on training wheels all that time?

5. Colby Searcy

I tried multiple times without training wheels over the years before that and just couldn't figure it out/got scared. One day it eventually just clicked

6. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

[​IMG]

They grow up so fast...little girl is almost 1 already...

7. My son started kindergarten this year and it's been going surprisingly well. But damn it's making me feel like time is already slipping away.

Kingjohn_654 and ncarrab like this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My son was kindergarten eligible this year (met the age cut off date by like, two weeks) but we kept him in preschool for a third year but yeah, it's nuts how fast time flies.

My daughter will start preschool next year. Going to be crazy to have both of them gone during the day.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

B9EC1FA8-2FD7-4318-A187-D12720ACAEA5.jpeg

We finally got a bike rider, folks!!!

10. My son has had a fever for a few days. Went to the doctor yesterday and of course he didn't have one.

It started maybe a day after he got some mosquito bites. He got another bite yesterday and he did get another fever last night. Looked it up and babies/young kids can get fevers from mosquito bites. I'm not 100% sure that's what is happening, bit the doctor didn't seem to really make that connection. just said he was getting over a cold.

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Taking your kid to the doctor at a young age is the worst. You always go because of course you’re freaking out. And all they ever say is “well at this age it just has to run its course.” And I’m like man all this technology today and you can’t give a 3 year old something for a cough?

Kingjohn_654 and spiffa0 like this.
  12. airik625 Oct 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2019)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

My wife and I had our first early yesterday morning.

203D4707-A8B9-44FD-8DA0-8037D429FA3D.jpeg

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Congrats!

Kingjohn_654 and airik625 like this.
  14. Colby Searcy

15. airik625

Not that bad, just was kind of the plan going in. Things can obviously change - but we will see.

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

17. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Awesome! Congrats, hope all went well/is going well.

Random - but do you live in Chicago? I think I recognize those bonnets/swaddle combos...

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. First fire of the season

MVIMG_20191018_183124.jpg

19. airik625

Kingjohn_654 and spiffa0 like this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Wish I lived somewhere where a fire in the fireplace isn't pointless

21. Chillin
    IMG_20191024_162243_exported_0_1571954944776.jpg

Kingjohn_654, mad and awwgereee like this.
  22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Some fall photos I took tonight of our youngest...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. bones

#HEEL

[​IMG]

His birthday is Halloween, so we’ve been telling him that everyone is decorating their houses for his birthday

Kingjohn_654, mad, Brent and 3 others like this.
  24. My son finally wanted a spooky costume
    98C8F04B-5FC9-4378-831E-58B1DAB2CF95.jpeg

25. Colby Searcy

55231.jpeg 55236.jpeg