Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 83

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

play your cards right and we could be neighbors

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Which country? There are several.

RJ Knorr, Colby Searcy and bachna84 like this.
  3. bachna84

you’ve given me a lot to think about

4. Kingjohn_654

I can name at least three off the top of my head.

bachna84 likes this.
  5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

bachna84 likes this.
  6. Colby Searcy

I'll bite.

Name em

Kingjohn_654 and bachna84 like this.
  7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Arendelle
    Greece

these are the only countries you know

9. Kingjohn_654

Puerto Rico.
    Guam.
    Chad.

Crap. Okay. Fine. I can name one country and two unincorporated territories.

Colby Searcy and bachna84 like this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Delete

bachna84 likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So we tried it tonight and it didn’t go great. Sucks too because I read all these Google articles that say it can be done in 45 minutes. My brother-in-law who lives in my neighborhood told me it took his son (5) 10 minutes to figure it out.

My son was scared shitless. We put on knee pads and elbow pads and helmet and I had him try a few things before pedaling. I read to have them stand straight up over their bike with their feet on the ground and just have them scoot their feet to get them used to handling bike with no training wheels...he did fine with that. Then I had him sit on bike and hold his feet out so he could try and balance without moving and he’d catch himself when he started to lean (which was like after 2 seconds each time)

Then I had him actually pedal while I ran next to him on the Side while holding his stomach but literally the second I let go every time he shutdown and I had to catch him.

We tried two different times tonight (20-30 min each time). We really made no progress other than now maybe he knows what to expect. When I put him to bed tonight he told me he hopes he wakes up ‘not scared to try again’ tomorrow.

12. Colby Searcy

I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 10 so I think you're doing alright

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I’d assume the ideal situation is to sell/buy in the same timeframe. But I know several people who’s home sold right away and then they had to move in to their parents or rent an apt for months while they searched for their ideal house or while they waited for their home to be built. Or, people who have missed out on the house they wanted bc their homes wouldn’t sell.

Seems like it can be a frustrating and borderline risky process. Personally I’d put my house up first and then start looking seriously once/if I got some offers to be safe.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

My son is pretty crazy so I don’t think he would be too scared. Until he falls. Soooo pretty quick into it. Lol. My main thing with him is that he hasn’t even rode his bike with the training wheels more than a couple feet at a time. We have never taken him anywhere to try. I’m sure he can get it down.

As for me, I think I was in 1st grade when I learned. Took years. But one day it just clicked and I got it

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

He’s been on training wheels for three straight summers. We ride a ton, all throughout the neighborhood and even local trails. I’m wondering if he got too used to them but he’s been adamant we take them off, so his fear surprised me a little bit seeing as he was very much looking forward to this and he never even fell tonight ( I mean, he did but I caught him before he hit ground)

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Is it hard for him to ride through neighborhoods or trails with training wheels? Maybe I should try that with mine first a couple of times

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

No...he’s never had a problem riding anywhere so long as he had training wheels. No problems turning or anything.

18. LessThanTrevor Aug 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2019)
    LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

My son decided to wake up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to bed until about 5:30am. I think his teeth are bothering him. He has all four of his canines coming in at once.

I haven't slept yet, and honestly can't go to bed now, so I'm going to be popping caffeine pills like candy today. Hooray.

19. bachna84

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Have you ever tried a balance bike? It has no pedals and apparently is supposed to help a lot. My 3.5 year old has been using it all summer and will coast down the side walk without his feet on the ground. So I feel like he's got the balancing part down pretty good.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Haven't tried it but have heard about them. We will probably do that for my daughter next summer (she just turned 2)...I feel like it's too late to do it for my son who's been riding with pedals for three summers.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. Kingjohn_654

Vasectomy consultation is today. For real this time. I hope.

bachna84 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Did you manscape last night?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Serious question for those who have had the procedure;

Do you feel something hard in your sack? Like something I would assume to be scar tissue or something to that effect?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.