Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 82

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

well i guess when you put it that way

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Philll

Trusted

My wife and I are more or less convinced we've had all the kids we'll have, so I feel a vasectomy is in my future, seems the responsible thing to do. I'm also an enourmous baby when it comes to medical procedures, so the thought is pretty uncomfortable.

Kingjohn_654 and LessThanTrevor like this.
  3. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I feel you on the whole medical procedure thing. I have a few friends that have had one and they told me it's not that bad though. Just can't do anything for four or five days so it gives you an excuse to be lazy.

Philll likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This thread has brought the lolz with the last page

bachna84 likes this.
  5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Also I was told that you feel like your eyes are being pulled back into your skull when they do a vasectomy. Can't wait for that feeling.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Vasectomy just seems like such an extreme measure to me

7. Our significant others passed humans through their vaginas come on lol

8. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

They're reversible and much safer than a woman getting her tubes tied. Not to mention it's a very quick procedure.

bachna84 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. Colby Searcy

I'm not against it or anything it's just a weird thing for me. I'm not judging I just don't see myself ever getting one. My wife isn't gonna get her tubes tied either though so just personal preference I guess

10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I have friends that won't get either one done. They say they're doing it the catholic way (pull and pray).

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

My wife has been asked with every pregnancy (this will be 3rd c-section) if she wants them to tie her tubes since they are already in there but we still aren't 100% yet on having another

12. Colby Searcy

For us it's not even this (my wife is religious but not Catholic and I'm apathetic at this point) we just aren't completely sold on wanting a 4th or not plus it's easiest for my wife to just take birth control due to PCOS issues.

Like I'm not gonna say no if my wife wants me to get one or anything it's just funny and crazy to me that so many here are all for it and I've never experienced that before

13. Philll

Trusted

I think there was a twitter thread in another discussion on here a while ago (maybe sexism thread?) that really sold me on the idea. It's a relatively painless, simple procedure that is over and done in one go, whereas in a lot of other cases contraception is either not effective enough or places an undue burden on women, messing with the menstrual cycle and whatnot. Obviously it's a significant procedure and won't be for every guy, but if you're sure you're done with having kids then I think it's a more than reasonable route to go.

14. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Has anyone here done a cross-country move with kids?

15. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Arizona to Utah. Does that count?

awwgereee and KidLightning like this.
  16. Elder Lightning

awwgereee and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  17. Kingjohn_654

bachna84 and Colby Searcy like this.
  18. Kingjohn_654

You didn't answer my question.

bachna84 and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. Elder Lightning

Considering a move to North Carolina, potentially next summer. And I guess your move counts.

I'm just trying to get an idea of how other people managed things – relocating, finding a new job, selling a house and buying a house, etc. – to know what to expect, things we might not think of when planning it out, etc.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This has nothing to do with moving across the country...but as someone who is hoping to buy a new house in the next year or two...I've always wondered how that works with selling your current house. Do you sell first then try to buy? Do you buy first then try to sell? Do you try to do both at the same time and hope you get lucky that both buying and selling happen close together? My biggest fear is trying to buy a new house but my current house won't sell...or current house sells too fast and we have nowhere to buy. I've seen both things happen to many people. I've also seen people get really lucky where their house sells right away and they're able to find a new house right away. I guess every situation is different but what did ya'll do (for those going on their second home)?

bachna84 and KidLightning like this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also, riding bike tips? Who's got them? My son is turning 5 in a few weeks and has been on training wheels for two years. He REALLY wants to take them off (but I don't think he's ready). What are the best ways to get kids to learn how to ride with no training wheels?

22. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Kinda depends on the market in your area. If houses are selling quick then most won't accept an offer unless you already have an offer on your current house. If houses aren't selling then people will usually be a little more accepting of any offers and more flexible in timelines. But usually you have to at least have your current house on the market before you look at new houses and put any offers in. But a realtor will be able to help you figure out what the best course of action is.

ncarrab likes this.
  23. You typically try to close on the sale and purchase the same day

popdisaster00 and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Man my goal this summer was to take the training wheels off my sons bike but he hasn’t even really rode with training wheels outside of like our sidewalk. It definitely didn’t happen

25. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

across the country, dumbass

❤️