Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 78

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Happy Father's day!

ncarrab, awwgereee, Cameron and 2 others like this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Happy Father's Day to you too bud!

And to everyone else in here!

What's everyone doing today?

3. Mowing the lawn lok

But going to the in laws for dinner.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Bowling!

5. Colby Searcy

I should be mowing but I don't feel like it so I'm not.

We'll probably go hang out in our inflatable pool this afternoon if it's not raining

Kingjohn_654 and awwgereee like this.
  6. Colby Searcy

I was thinking about this but my kids are too young I think. How old are yours?

Kingjohn_654 and awwgereee like this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ours is only 7 moths, but our nieces/nephews are the right age. We go every Father’s Day. The bowling alley we go to has a special:)

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

4A46C379-8E90-4409-BF00-24931D194C02.jpeg

Got this from my son. I love it. I am always chewing gum. My eyes are hazel. I don’t work at a school but I’ve been an independent contractor in the film industry for years and good luck explaining that to a three and a half year-old. As for the “sun is stuck in the tree” thing, every time I take him into the shade on a hot day I tell him the trees cover the sun and give us shade. He interprets that as “the sun is stuck in the tree.” I don’t really play video games but for Christmas we got the NES Classic, Super NES Classic, and Sega Flashback systems and he loves them. Now he wants more of that. I go to therapy and sometimes I get sad so he always asks me if I’m happy or sad. I tell him when I’m with him I’m always happy.

9. That’s incredible. Happy Father’s Day everyone!

Nyquist likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I didn't know this until we went, but I think most bowling alleys have these ramp type objects that little kids can use to bowl (in addition to the gutter blockers). We went bowling last summer with my then 3-year-old and he had a great time. He just put the ball on the top of the ramp and pushed it down and had a blast.

I wish I would have thought about going bowling yesterday for Father's Day. Been meaning to go back. We were gonna go putt-putting but it rained like hell all weekend.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I got to "celebrate" my first fathers day last sunday. Celebrate in quotes because my wife went into early labor and our son was born last Thursday, 9.5 weeks early. It's been a saga.

Luckily everything with the baby is going good so far. He was breathing right away which was huge for a baby born so early. I still get a feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see him squirming in his incubator and see his heart rate and breathing rate jump all over the place, no matter how many times they keep telling me it's normal for his age.

My wife had a whole bunch of complications that have frankly made it hard to either be happy or excessively worried about the baby so far. She bled out and, as far as I could tell, almost died. Then she acquired C. Diff and an ileus so she was bloated bigger than she was when she was still pregnant and is still in the hospital. Things are finally moving in the right direction with her but it was a pretty terrfying week.

I'm a worrier when it comes health in general so I still don't feel out of the woods with her yet, but with things starting to settle in with her recovery, I'm definitely getting more worried about the baby now. They keep saying how good everything is going but he's so tiny and when I see him squirm or be uncomfortable it scares me, especially when his heart rate jumps up to 190+.

Hell of a welcome to parenting.

12. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Damn, I’m sorry to hear that. I can’t imagine how scary it’s been for you and your wife. Glad to hear everything seems to be getting better though!

And if it’s any solace, my cousins son was born 10 or 12 weeks early I think, and now he’s 16 and the tallest person in our family!

David87, Cameron and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  13. Colby Searcy

Oh good my son's new favorite word is motherfucker

14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Sent my wife and kids to NC for the next 10 days... already so weird having an empty/quiet home. Gotten some good yard work/car cleaning done, but waking up to no one was kind of sad today. Typically I'M the one to go away due to my job, not the other way around. She's off seeing some old Fort Bragg (where we were from 2014-2018) friends before they move themselves.

[​IMG]

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  15. Kingjohn_654

I've decided I'm going to get more information about vasectomies tomorrow and maybe even set an appointment.

Brent and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hasn't Chorus FM already told you everything you need to know?

Brent and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  17. Kingjohn_654

I mean in regards to insurance and scheduling lol

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

My god, as a stressful traveler, this picture gives me anxiety! Good on her for carrying all that luggage AND two kids!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Took my son to his first movie today. He did so well.

37A4D1A8-E63B-4053-B219-38820E7859CC.jpeg

Brent, Kingjohn_654, ncarrab and 3 others like this.
  20. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Saw it with my daughter today too. Loved it

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We've gone to two movies this summer with the kids (Aladdin and Secret Life of Pets). My son has gone the previous summers, but it was a first time for my 22-month old daughter, who surprisingly, has done really well both times.

Next rainy day we'll go to Toy Story 4.

David87 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  22. Philll

Trusted

Hey man, just catching up on the thread and saw this. Congratulations, I hope everything is going a little smoother now. Years from now I'm sure you'll be able to look back on everything and see that the journey was worth it. All the best.

David87 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  23. I hate when you are holding your child and he starts to cry for some reason and someone asks "what did you do to him?".

Fuck off

24. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

“I taught him to cry around assholes”

25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, an update, he came home yesterday at 34.5 weeks gestational age, one month old today.

We're a little nervous that he's home so early, we didn't think he was ready but all the medical professionals seemed to think otherwise. We think his suck/swallow/breathe thing is still really not great but, they keep assuring us it's normal. Bleh.

We are excited to have him home but also just nervous. So dads and moms, at what point did you stop checking every 15 minutes to make sure your baby was still breathing? I assume we're going to have to take that time and add weeks to it for us considering his preemie status and everything.

Also have no idea how to tell if he's too warm or too cold. We've taken his temperature like 8 times since he got home yesterday