Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 77

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Congrats!

Our 2nd was also born super early in the morning. Get some rest!

Kingjohn_654, CarpetElf and Philll like this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

My wife and I will be having our first child in October. I’m scared shitless but even more excited I think. I still have a lot to accomplish before our baby boy is due - quitting smoking being the most important, but I just built the crib over the weekend and I was glad to get that done.

Attached Files:

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Congrats!

awwgereee, airik625 and CarpetElf like this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Congrats :heart:

awwgereee and airik625 like this.
  5. Colby Searcy

Congrats! Any idea what you are having?

awwgereee and airik625 like this.
  6. LightWithoutHeat May 28, 2019
    (Last edited: May 29, 2019)
    LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Congrats! Our first arrived two weeks ago and it’s been challenging but oh so worth it. You’ll do great and you can always hit me up if you have questions.

Also, may I recommend the following?

:)

Cameron, Philll and airik625 like this.
  7. airik625

Thank you for the kind, encouraging words. That was so great. I’ll definitely keep you in mind. Thank you!

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  8. airik625 May 29, 2019
    (Last edited: May 29, 2019)
    airik625

Baby boy! We just decided on his name a day or so after we found out the gender.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Omg

10. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Hah, I’m surprised you didn’t already know about those!

11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Love all the rock lullaby albums you can find online... so fun listening to them and laughing when you put it on shuffle while trying to get the baby to sleep.

And, of course, congrats on the baby announcement!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

My son is 15 months old and lately he's been waking up at 3:30 in the morning just screaming. I always pick him up and hold him to settle him down, but it's really fucking with his sleep schedule since he can't really go back to sleep after that (he just fell back asleep while eating). He's already on an awful schedule since I work late and his mother keeps him up too late. Also he's been throwing a lot of tantrums lately on top of teething. I feel bad for him and I honestly don't know what to do. I've asked my parents and they said whiskey, but I don't think that's such a great idea.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

In my experience, there's really no sleep schedule between 0 and 24 months, haha. I know everyone tries to set one, and some days/nights you're lucky to stick to it, but the first two years, so many things pop up (teething, sleep regression, illness, separation anxiety, etc.) that it's just something you have to learn to deal with and fight through it on various occasions.

I know everyone says try the cry it out method, but I can speak from a lot of experience that sometimes it just doesn't work.

I wish I had the answers, or at least wish someone else did, because then no one would have to suffer through these things.

14. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I don't think there really is any answer that fits all. You just do whatever you have to do to get them to sleep and get some sleep yourself. My youngest is 18-months and refuses to fall asleep in her crib, even with one of us there with her, but has no problem falling asleep in her rock-and-play that she is far too big for without us being next to her. Then we just transfer her to her crib after she's asleep.

Also, 12-18 months can be a very tough age because they're starting to get more independent in what they want or need but can't really speak to say those things so it just resorts in a lot of crying and screaming. It gets better, but also harder in other ways, over time haha

15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

My little dude won't sleep in his crib either. We actually just took it apart and we made him a little bed he can crawl in and out of. He prefers his pack-and-play to sleep in, but would rather fall asleep on the couch or in an actual bed. Sometimes he'll act like he wants to be in one area, but it's only so he can climb down. Ever since he started walking a few months ago it's been a challenge. I do love watching him figure everything out though.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  16. Colby Searcy

I'm about ready to check myself into a mental health facility or something. My 3 year old is driving us insane

17. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Daughter was finally sleeping through the night (mostly) and now the 6-month sleep regression. Yay

Finally got our son to fall asleep in bed by himself. Just two books, glass of water and then kiss goodnight. It's glorious.

awwgereee likes this.
  18. awwgereee

I just got my first “My GOSH, whatever Mom” from my three year old :verysad:

19. Colby Searcy

I wish this is where we were atm. Hope it doesn't get as bad for y'all!

awwgereee likes this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So a couple of days ago they ran a bunch of blood tests on my son and we just got the news that everything is normal. It’s been the longest week of my life

21. Colby Searcy

Glad everything came back normal! Were y'all expecting something different?

awwgereee likes this.
  22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Well not expecting but still scary. Especially since my wife is a nurse so she kind of knew what exactly they were testing. Looking for cancer/leukemia

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. Colby Searcy

Very very glad to hear that then! I can only imagine how difficult that wait would be.

awwgereee likes this.
  24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Thanks. We felt pretty confident that things would turn out ok but you can just never be sure

25. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

My voice is shredded. I had to read soa mbooks to get my son to sleep.

At t ball today, this kid was picking on my son, then two seconds later that punk fell on his stupid kid face.