Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 74

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

It shouldn't be but for whatever reason people think everyone has to have multiple kids. I don't really understand it either. I know I do have multiple but I got those types of questions before my daughter was born and it always feels weird.

Kingjohn_654 and Brent like this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I know when I got mine done and told people about it, a lot of people were stunned that I got it done 'so young'...like I wasn't smart enough to make the ultimate decision to stop having kids or that you had to be a certain age or something.

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Never thought we'd have two kids... it's definitely challenging the first 6-9 months but it's gotten a lot easier since the second kid has been sleeping throughout the nice (which started at almost exactly 10 months).

Completely done with additional kids though... but I haven't actually gone back to give a... sample... to see if the vasectomy worked. Been a couple months and decent horizontal dancing since with no pregnancy so guessing it worked (because kids and work is a cock block like none other)

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

But...why?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I had mine done in December, and still haven't done my sample. Granted, I'm not having sex so I'm in no rush, but I should probably get that taken care of just for piece of mind.

Brent likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

You guys are giving me anxiety, haha. Didn't your doctors follow-up about your drop-offs? My doctor's office would send me a reminder a few days before and then call with the results. So they were definitely keeping up on me. I'd think they'd want to make sure everything was correct on their end as well.

Kingjohn_654, bachna84 and Brent like this.
  7. ncarrab Mar 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2019)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I should note that, I got an infection after I had mine done, so the doctor's office probably kept a closer eye on me to make sure everything was correct (which it was).

8. Definitely a lot better now that he can move around and entertain himself. I can not be more interactive with him whereas before he just kind of sat there.

We also took him to the park and put him in the swings for the first time two weeks ago and that was a lot of fun. Being able to actually DO things is a game changer.

9. Colby Searcy

Absolutely! The first several months is rough all around, after that things gradually get better.

Glad things are looking up!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Our family was lucky enough to get through the winter without anyone getting the flu (which everyone around us seemed to have gotten) but the last 3-4 weeks have kicked our ass. My daughter had strep, then Hand, Foot & Mouth and then my son got Hand, Food & Mouth and now he has strep.

Last week was really bad for my son, he had temps in the 103-104 range and was throwing up. Missed the entire week of preschool and yesterday also had a fever, but no throwing up.

11. Colby Searcy

I feel fortunate that we've never really had sickness yet at all

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Vaccinated?

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Brent likes this.
  14. Anyone else’s kid super into Coyote Peterson?
    9ACAC47D-28ED-47D2-8C31-A719BE5AD672.jpeg

Attached Files:

15. Colby Searcy

Never heard of that

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Same.

Anyone have a savings plan for their kid(s) yet? We have a State Farm one set up for my oldest that we started when she was 18 months old (she turned 6 this past Decemeber).

Our youngest turns 1 on Thursday(!!!!!) and We just got some checks from family that I think I'll just start a savings with and continue adding either $1 a day or maybe try the 52-week challenge and playing catch up from January (putting us at $365 to start with, which is about what we've been given for her).

Anyways, here's some Easter photos I did of the two this weekend in front of our house...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David Parke and Colby Searcy like this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

No and I feel awful about it. My son turns 5 in September and my daughter 2 in August and for years people would give them money or checks for gifts and we don’t deposit it into any special account. I really need to get on that.

My parents did start a “college fund” for each of their grandkids a few years ago but I have no acces to it to add anything.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. It’s loose but I’ve been doing $35/week since my 3.5 y/o was born. Sometimes I borrow from it. Right now we’re back to being even. It’s just in a savings account right now though. Nothing specific to growth. Probably gonna move it to a Barclays online savings account. That’s where our eventual house payment lives and it’s like 2.2% interest which beat out most all brick and mortar banks.

19. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I told my wife's nephew I was getting a vasectomy and he was like "your chopping your balls off?!"

20. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

So our baby girl is due in August. Why are girl names so hard?

21. bones

#HEEL

We have a 529 account for our guy

Brent likes this.
  22. Colby Searcy

What's Savings?

23. Colby Searcy

For us, it was the boys names that are difficult. We can't agree on a name (read: I don't like any names my wife does) thankfully it was a girl and we've had that name picked out before our first daughter was even born.

awwgereee likes this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Well, are you?

Congrats!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

When you getting it done?

Colby Searcy and Kingjohn_654 like this.