Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 69

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

How did I not know this was happening???!!!!

Congrats!!!

Nate_Johnson and awwgereee like this.
  2. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Great to hear!
    What? No idea, I posted it in here. Thanks man. Two is scary haha

Colby Searcy and Nate_Johnson like this.
  3. Colby Searcy

I've been busy with my own 2 so I haven't been around much haha!

Yeah 1 to 2 is challenging. I forgot how much I hate the newborn stage until I lived through it again!

We are trying for #3(and final) currently and I'm already ready to get it over with hah!

aspeedomodel and awwgereee like this.
  4. Colby Searcy

@awwgereee how are you doing??? You're about 1/2 now right?

Kingjohn_654 and awwgereee like this.
  5. awwgereee

Yep I'm just about at 5 1/2 months. I'm good and things are going well. The only thing to note really is that nesting is hitting me earlier this time around than the other two; like the floors are driving me nuts, and I feel like I am constantly sweeping/swiffering/vacuuming. It's a pretty futile effort though with a 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old running around making messes as soon as I clean them up.

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. Colby Searcy

...and a husband! But seriously yes, I feel like our house is constantly a disaster especially now that Ella is on the move!

Glad that everythinge is goingg well, good luck the rest of the way and with your next 2...>-p

Have a name picked out yet? Hopefully you're finally getting a girl so you won't be so outnumbered!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. awwgereee

We did find out that we're having a boy(!), so it took us awhile to come up with new names. I think we're pretty settled on one, but last time, August was going to be Forrest up until the last week before he was born, so who knows what will happen.

8. Colby Searcy

Obviously you're just wanting a healthy baby and whatnot but are you really wanting a girl eventually?

awwgereee likes this.
  9. awwgereee

We'd like a girl, but whatever happens happens. I'm still trying to wrap my head around having three kids, so four is a distant thought right now haha.

10. Colby Searcy

Oh believe me if I was in your shoes I'd be flipping out

Kingjohn_654 and awwgereee like this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve been sick so trying to stay away from my 1 month old. Unfortunately my wife has had to take care of him by herself. I feel bad.

12. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

It's hard but good that you're doing that. Last year when our youngest was 2 months old she got RSV and was in the hospital for a week. And she most likely got it from our oldest daughter who we didn't force to stay away from her while she was sick

Cameron likes this.
  13. bones

#HEEL

Little man's totally back to normal after his surgery and he's also an elf now

[​IMG]

scott, Serh, Colby Searcy and 8 others like this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

As someone with three kids, I can say three is a lot more than two. We kinda want one more, it'd be nice to have one more boy, but hopefully not too soon.

awwgereee and Colby Searcy like this.
  15. Colby Searcy

We're starting to try for #3 but I think that's a maximum for us

16. Kingjohn_654

I want another boy so I can name him after my favorite redheaded comicbook character.

17. Colby Searcy

Mary Jane Watson seems weird for a boy but hey, do you.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Also I love that "trying for a kid" is code word for we're fucking A WHOLE LOT

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Kingjohn_654

I definitley haven't been trying for a kid lately. lol.

But yeah, sometimes it's creepy when a couple smiles and says they're trying for a kid. Like, thanks, but I didn't need to just accidentally picture y'all doin the nasty.

20. Kingjohn_654

Don't get me wrong, MJ is top 5 for sure.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Have any of the guys in here suffered from the male version of post partum depression? And if so how did you handle it?

22. Colby Searcy

"Accidentally"

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Colby Searcy

Like how do you mean?

How old is your child?

24. I didn't realize it was a thing until I researched depression in new parents.

Sad Dads: Science Says Men Suffer from Postpartum Depression, Too

He's about 8 months. I've just never been more depressed, anxious, inpatient, etc in my life. I really hate being a parent for various reasons I won't get into. I'll have to go see a professional at some point. Was curious if anyone has had a similar experience.

25. Colby Searcy

I obviously don't know exactly how you're feeling because it's relative/personal and I'm not familiar with depression cuz I've never had it or felt it really but I'll tell you I think what you're feeling is completely normal.

I hated being a parent for most of the first year, it was fucking awful and my son did nothing but scream constantly. My wife and I both would look at each other and try and figure where we fucked and what are we doing wrong. I still live with a constant edge but you learn to manage it.

I had alot of resentment towards my son and other parents who had "perfect children" or didn't act the way mine did from the start. Tons of frustration and anxiety throughout but I promise you it does get better even if it's only slightly at a time.

Parenting is brutally fucking hard and probably the most difficult think you'll ever do. Think about it this way, it's as much of a learning experience as it is for you, as it is for your child.

Borat and Kingjohn_654 like this.