Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 68

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Miscarriages suck.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Sorry to hear. We’ve had two. It’s devestating.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Sorry my dude. Didn't know y'all were trying again. Y'all be well and hope it works out for you

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just got back from my procedure. So far so good. I had a cystoscopy as well (camera up pee hole), and I'm suffering more from that then my balls.

Question for those that had the vasectomy, does it hurt to ejaculate after you got it done?

6. Nope. I was told to wait 7 days. I think I waited 5 (after reading lots of forums online from other people that did as well). Not gonna lie, I was nervous the first time and I thought it might be uncomfortable. It wasn't. It was exactly the same as before.

colorlesscliche likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait, what is a Cystoscopy?

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Unrelated to the vasectomy. But I've had blood in my urine, like straight up red pee, about 3 times this year. So I did an ultrasound on my kidneys, but they wanted to do a cystoscopy as well while they were down there.

Cystoscopy (sis-TOS-kuh-pee) is a procedure that allows your doctor to examine the lining of your bladder and the tube that carries urine out of your body (urethra). A hollow tube (cystoscope) equipped with a lens is inserted into your urethra and slowly advanced into your bladder.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Holy shit, man. I'm shivering while reading that. Hope all is OK.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Who else hates elf on the shelf with an evil passion you don't feel in any other aspect of your life? Anyone?????

Edit: Went in blind with this take...i'm seeing it's already been mentioned, but still think it's important to put my thoughts somewhere. I fucking hate it.

Brent likes this.
  11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It was super awkward and uncomfortable. They put iodine on your pee hole then inject some sort of solution into your pee hole, so instead of urine coming out, it's liquid going in. Then, when they put the camera in, I'm pretty sure that squirts out water so it can maneuver easier through your penis and kidneys. I could feel so much water on my legs and stuff that I was horrified that I was involuntarily peeing on everything.

Then, two female nurses that were my age told me they were going to shave my penis and balls for the vasectomy. So that was awkward and uncomfortable.

Just an overall fun time, as you can see.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm literally going to pass out.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Kingjohn_654

I felt at least three very strong emotions while reading this. What a rollercoaster!

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

On the plus side, the one of the nurses asked what kind of music I liked, I asked her to put on Arcade Fire and she seemed super into that. Of course that was followed up with shaving my balls, so there's that...

15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Can't stand it... Wife hates it, so we've then in turn make our daughter not like it lol

[​IMG]

Zip It Chris and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Which ones?

17. Kingjohn_654

18. Colby Searcy

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

There is something very wrong with you...

Brent and colorlesscliche like this.
  20. bones

#HEEL

Due to some far too frequent vomiting and general lack of appetite, our 5-week old is down below his birth weight and we're super concerned. He was given medicine for reflux on Monday but it hasn't seemed to make much difference. The more research I've done, I'm more convinced he's dealing with pyloric stenosis. He was supposed to go back for a follow up on Monday but we're too worried to wait through the weekend and are hoping we can have him seen today and get an ultrasound to either confirm or rule out my suspicion. It sounds like it's relatively common in first-born Caucasian males, and it also sounds like a relatively minor procedure to correct it (with pretty much great results across the board) - but man the idea of surgery on this tiny little guy is just terrifying. This week has been brutal.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  21. Aw I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything things resolved quickly.

22. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

[​IMG]

Baby girl was born Friday. It's amazing how much she looks like her brother. :heart:

23. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

It can be scary, so hopefully everything is resolved quickly and effectively. I remember our son needed to have a minor surgery at 5 months and it was scary as hell...hang in there!

bones likes this.
  24. Time moves too fast. My son turns 5 next summer so we're starting to look at kindergarten options already.

scott, Kingjohn_654 and aspeedomodel like this.
  25. bones

#HEEL

He had the surgery yesterday morning and is already doing so much better. Hard few days but we got through it. Thanks!

aspeedomodel, awwgereee and Cameron like this.