Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 66

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

He gets complimented on his looks all the time, it's so fun making him look so fly.

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

7E8C91A1-5D9D-45AB-BCFF-4D36E6832738.jpeg 31F0CE64-7779-4BC9-8C73-AC606BF36CE7.jpeg 27969C9E-8C9C-443A-A667-75D36880775F.jpeg

Just bought a new house and this is my sons playroom. I wish I had a room like this growing up!

scott, GrantCloud, awwgereee and 3 others like this.
  3. bones

#HEEL

Our son came a week late and after a 36 hour labor, on Halloween. But boy was he worth the wait.

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Per a comment, bringing this convo over from the sex thread..

Getting snipped tomorrow.

Came home to this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Holy hell, that is amazing! Nicely done, mom.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

#PUGLIFE

Brent likes this.
  7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

#PUGLIFE is right

[​IMG]

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Brent and colorlesscliche like this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Please change name to The Pug Thread

Nate_Johnson and Brent like this.
  10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

;-p

Nate_Johnson and Brent like this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

As of three days ago my wife, and I are parents to a beautiful baby boy.

I love him to death, but as someone who likes their sleep I’m just having a tough time. My wife is doing a majority of the work at night since we’re breastfeeding him. It’s more frustrating since all I can do sometimes is just assist her. Two nights ago actually wasn’t so bad. I helped when she needed, and I say we both got at least 4 hours of sleep. Though last night was very rough. My wife’s epidural wound is still hurting, and her breats are very tender. I was getting mad at myself because I couldn’t calm him down without her. He smells her milk, and always immediately calms down. Though I like to give her a break sometimes. I’m just hoping he’ll start to bond with me more. He doesn’t really like skin to skin, and I’m feeling like I’m doing something wrong.

Just writing in here hoping others have had similar situations with their newborns. Just having a tough time.

scott and awwgereee like this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is normal, I felt that way as well. In avoidance of telling you what to do, I'll say what I did.

Like you, early nights he just wanted to eat and he was breastfeed, so I couldn't do anything. But during the day, I would do everything - carry him around sooth him, change him, cook, clean, literally everything, so that his mom could close her eyes. She said even if it was only for 30 minutes, that short nap was all she needed to feel refreshed. But I would do that throughout the day, and she was able to bear it all. Communication is also important. I was upfront, I said "look, he doesn't want me in the morning, if you let me sleep, I'll get up with him at 6AM and take care of him until he needs to eat again." For the most part she respected that. Sometimes she was in bed and said "can you just go get him and bring him to me" because she was exhausted and didn't want to get up. So I did.

Cameron likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok yeah. We just had our 2 day discharged appt, and they p much said it’s all normal with the first 4 days. Her milk is coming in now so they’re saying he’ll be more sleepy in between feedings. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Sweat like crazy during the procedure... wife had no idea what to expect watching going in I didn’t want to watch any part of it. Put SWMRS on in the room to have some noise going on... forgot the valium pill at home they gave me but the local anesthetic did the trick... for the most part. Definitely... uncomfortable now being driven home, ready to put those frozen peas on.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Made an appointment for December 4, nervous about it!

Do they make you get hard before doing the procedure? A coworker said a nurse came in and did so it was easier to make the incision, but I've never heard such a thing and he's kind of a pervert.

Brent likes this.
  16. popdisaster00 Nov 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2018)
    lmao, I definitely was not told to get hard and that would have been weird if they asked me to do so.

The nurse did say that my "anatomy was very cooperative" when making the incision so I guess they run into issues here and there but I don't understand how getting hard would make it easier.

Nate_Johnson, ncarrab and Brent like this.
  17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Lol my DR did not say that. Just had me pull my Johnson up towards my belly button then taped it down. I don’t think I could get hard if I tried - too nervous lol.

Yesterday wasn’t rough at all. Just popped 4 200mg ibuprofen every couple hours and had no pain. Went up/down stairs to even do laundry.

Today had a bit more... pain? Just been taking pills still and only did the bag of cold peas a couple times.

18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Wtf?! That would not make any difference.

Brent likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Are you sure your co-worker didn’t go to a rub & tug?

Brent likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ha, at first he made me think it was true. He said when its stiff it's easier for them to pull it back and make the incision.

21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anybody else done sports yet? 42917.jpeg

Brent, Borat, ncarrab and 1 other person like this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My son turned 4 is September and did Tball this past summer, a summer and fall session of soccer and is currently doing basketball.

It’s all...interesting.

23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

My son did a couple of seasons of I9 soccer starting when he was just about to turn 3. He really took to it. Was a natural. Which was kind of weird because none of us have ever played soccer. We took him out though because he was so much more into it than the other kids and was basically playing by himself out there. So much so that the refs and coaches would steal the ball from him and block his goals. It was super frustrating for him and for us. But we hope to put him back in soon. Hopefully the kids are a little more on his level.

Man that sounds like terrible bragging

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. Colby Searcy

It's been very chaotic that's for sure. I decided it would be a good idea to coach, it's insane

25. Colby Searcy

We are going through i9 as well, he'll start Soccer in January. I think maybe he'll do better in soccer but we shall see

Taketimeandfind likes this.