Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 62

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. bones

#HEEL

anyone have any "less obvious" items for a registry? stuff that isn't the same old stroller, clothing, books type items but stuff that you found you loved or couldn't live without?

the Mrs. is trying to put the finishing touches on the registry by the end of the week

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

We registered for a baby monitor, which was fine, but now we have a essentially a security camera that works off Wi-Fi and it's so much better.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

mamaRoo4

awwgereee likes this.
  4. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

We have a chair that just clamps onto the table that is really handy instead of having to use a high chair all the time. We use it almost anytime we go to someone else's house or a restaurant. It's a little expensive but very handy.

Lobster Chair

awwgereee likes this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We got the mamaRoo...honestly didn’t use it much with either kid.

The DockATot was a lifesaver with our second child.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

A couple we are friends with use this and it always freaks me out, haha. Like, I keep waiting for the clamps to loosen.

7. DockATot is a must.

ncarrab likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I would also say changing tables are very overrated. We actually took ours back. You’re going to change your baby in a million different places. You’re not going to walk all the way up the steps (or into a different room) just to change them.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Haha yeah, it looks a little shaky but it clamps on super tight.

I agree with no separate changing table. We had a pad that went on top of the dresser for their rooms and then just used the pack-and-play or the floor/couch when changing

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

ACB31112-7FF5-4618-833A-2C96C39A34C2.jpeg

11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'm starting to thing 3 months is too young to get my kids to be sleeping in their own room everyone I've talked to seem to think that's too young/soon.

12. Our girl is at 3 1/2 months and still in our room

David Parke likes this.
  13. I think our son was 8 months or so when we moved him over. We wouldn’t have done it before 6 months personally and I think I was like “maybe he can go to his room now?” Before my wife was ready. lol. It worked out great

Chris Prindle likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

It's worked great both times for us but I feel super judged by it

15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I can’t remember the age my son was. But I know he slept exclusively in his crib until we got rid of it. Now we can’t get him to stay in his room

awwgereee likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We put my son in his crib when he was six months and my daughter at 5. Honestly, if it were up to me, I would have done it in weeks, haha. The longer you keep them in there, the harder it is for the transition. I've talked to many couples who started the transition at less than a month, especially with their second or third child.

The bigger issue is, how often are we still bringing our kids back into the bedroom once they start crying in the middle of the night. My son was coming into our bedroom on almost a nightly occurrence until he was past 2-years-old. Then we got him a bed at 2 years, 4 months and he literally never came into our room again (he'll be 4 in 2 months).

My daughter is 11 months. She still comes into our room almost nightly around 4 or 5 a.m. We had a good stretch around the 7 or 8 month mark where we were letting her cry it out and she didn't come in our room for a while, but she's been teething so bad the last 4 to 5 weeks she's in our room almost every night at some point.

17. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Both of my kids slept in their crib in their room the first night we were back from the hospital.

My daughter moved to a bed at about 22 months (because we wanted to use the crib for my son). My son is a little over 18 months now but we’ll probably keep him in the crib as long as possible since there’s not any urgency to move him over.

Nate_Johnson, ncarrab and awwgereee like this.
  18. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

60162638-DCF5-4C52-B669-EAC5D70F66CE.jpeg

19. Colby Searcy

We must have gotten lucky cuz my son had been in his own room since a few days short of 3 months and never been in our bed since. One time a few months ago he was scared of the thunderstorm so I went and slept with him but that was a disaster. He didn't go to sleep and just kept waving at me for like 2 hours straight

popdisaster00, bachna84 and awwgereee like this.
  20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

We transitioned my son to a toddler/twin bed when he turned a little over 2. I slept with him three nights and now he is sleeping the entire night on his own. It’s been 3 months and he is doing great.

bachna84 likes this.
  21. So even though our daughter is sleeping through the night, we aren’t ready to take her out of our room yet. Two nights ago, she threw up a little bit when she was sleeping and started to choke on it a little bit. We basically freaked out, picked her up, started burping her, etc. I don’t think anything serious would have happened either way but it made me feel thankful that we still had her in our room when it happened.

bachna84 likes this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The best part of parenting? When everyone’s sleeping!

7D8E0DA3-B8CF-46A2-B549-F422F7C713DE.jpeg

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

PUG SIGHTING! Is it mixed, or pure pug? Cute photo, so nice when they all sleep at the same time lol.

We meant to do beach photos much earlier but it was so cold so late up here that we just got it done last night... I don't do newborn's because it's always so crazy/I don't have the patience so these two photos are the only ones out of 71 I took that were workable lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taylor's first concert is tonight! Miranda and Little Big Town, grass seats... we scored second row Taylor Swift tix for next Friday but we're not taking the baby due to the noise/crazyness. Teagan's first show was Paramore at 10 months old, so Taylor's got her beat on that front.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yes, pure pug from a breeder. I LOVE pugs!

25. Of all of “my” music that I expose my two year old son to, The Interrupters’ new record seems to be his favorite. It’s no “Mickey & the Roadster Racers” to him but he enjoys it. What are your kids into?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.