Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. JRShoenberger

Trusted

My wife has always taken them for their shots. I don't think I've ever been there for those... Can't say in complaining though. Mae cries enough when I brush her hair.

awwgereee likes this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Gave our 5 month his first "people food" last night. He had some avocado - seems to love it.

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Congrats, they're growing up fast! That's about when we started with the baby food and he loves everything! He gets REALLY cranky/impatient if I take to long to move the spoon from the bowl to his mouth.

4. Oh, glad this thread exists! I have a son, he'll be 2 in July. Dude is my world.

awwgereee and scott like this.
  5. My son loved avocado as one of his first foods. Would eat it just about every day but somewhere down the line - probably after he turned 1 - he stopped caring for it.

6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I just found out my mother-in-law is feeding my 10-month nephew (my wife's sister kid), pizza, fried rice, etc at day care. She watches both of our kids and now I'm second guessing sending him there - who thinks it's a good idea to give a 10 month pizza? Her other son, 4 years old, eats mac n cheese and ketchup for breakfast.

7. Colby Searcy

If the child has enough teeth doesn't seem like a big deal to me as long as he's not choking. But what do I know?

awwgereee likes this.
  8. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Out 10 month old eats pizza and other foods. She just had her first tooth pop through but her gums are really hard and she's pretty good at chewing. We just cut the food up into small pieces and don't give her anything that's too hard or chewy/stringy. She pretty much refuses to eat baby food anymore and wants something she can pick up and feed herself.

9. Is he also getting fruits and veggies? That stuff gets served to the kiddos at my daycare but there's always effort to mix in a good amount of healthy foods too. My son goes to a montessori school and it's really up to the parents to tell the teachers what they do and don't want their kids to have.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Not really, his mom makes him lots of oatmeal. And the other things like chicken and breastmilk mixed together to make a soupy-like thing.

Off-topic, do you like the Montessori school? It's obviously super early since mine is only 5 months, but we've been looking at ones in the area cause we're thinking about sending ours there until Kindergarten.

11. Yep, love it. We went back and forth on doing in-home or at a facility and ultimately chose to do a facility so he would have an opportunity to learn and play with more kids, giving him more personalities and opinions to understand. We didn't want to go with a chain center like KinderCare, though that's not to say that I know of anyone that has had negative experiences with those. There are quite a few montessori schools in Minneapolis so it just came down to the right location and friendly staff for us.

12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Heading to the hospital at 6am for my wife to be induced. 38 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins, a boy and a girl.

Shit's 'bout to get real!

13. awwgereee

Best wishes to the both of you!!!

KidLightning likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Here's to a safe delivery and recovery!

KidLightning likes this.
  15. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Congratulations! It'll be one of the best days of your life.

KidLightning likes this.
  16. Congratulations!

KidLightning likes this.
  17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Thanks everyone, just a bunch of waiting now.

awwgereee likes this.
  18. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Enjoy it while it lasts. My wife and I had our little girl 26 days ago and it already feels like a lifetime ago. Crazy to see all these abpunk people i've "known" for years having kids. Didn't know you were a dad either @colorlesscliche

MikeyPaine and KidLightning like this.
  19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah man, just over 5 months old now. Little dude, named Ash (after Evil Dead/Army of Darkness). Congrats on your little one! How's it going so far? Sleeping?

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Congrats! So excited for y'all!

KidLightning likes this.
  21. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Its going ok. Her name is Madelyn and she sleeps during the day and stays up at night (like her dad) haha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

We just found out the sex of our baby. It's a girl! Due mid July!

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Congrats!

24. Congratulations! After having my daughter I can't even imagine having a boy; she's so perfect.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Haha, I feel the same way about my little dude. Couldn't imagine it being a girl. We actually didn't find out the sex, so the day he was born was a huge surprise for the both of us.

[​IMG]

mad, awwgereee, KidLightning and 2 others like this.